Greasy Lake Community

Tom Zimny Working on Something

Given what's in the archive, it could be pretty much anything.

The one thing you would expect to be progressing is a concert film for the eventual BITUSA box, but the "really excited" bit might hint at something less expected.

200w.gif

• Like 1

Given that the last film was recorded in November 2019 then you’d like to think they have used this time well to the full. My guess is the obvious one and it’s the doc as part of what I hope is the mother of all box sets, a BITUSA multi disc audio and visual feast for fans to enjoy this year. 

• Like 2

2 vert short new video snippets from 1985 revealed in 'Renegades: Born in the USA | A Spotify Original Podcast | From Higher Ground'

Older video snippets from 1985 always had the ooutdated 4:3 aspect ratios, but those cuts now have the modern 16:9 image ratio, so those are definitely processed. I guess that BIUSA 1985 archive video concert is now already done :P

158173487_TheRiverLA1985_ThomZimmy2021.thumb.PNG.b4fa3ea19e9849d4218c3abde1b983ad.PNG

97434744_LA1985_ThomZimmy2021.thumb.PNG.1f15c36a00b51ccdf91800a553286c8d.PNG

• Like 1

Was about to reference those screenshots. LA 1985 would surely only be released as part of a BITUSA boxset. On the (presumed) basis that it'll be coming out for the Christmas market, we're probably still four months away from the announcement. 

Let’s hope it’s not being held 8 more months for the Xmas market. With the archive series going stale, Letter To You already losing it’s impact without the usual tour to maintain momentum, we need a blockbuster box to help get us through 2021. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Let’s hope it’s not being held 8 more months for the Xmas market. With the archive series going stale, Letter To You already losing it’s impact without the usual tour to maintain momentum, we need a blockbuster box to help get us through 2021. 

BTR boxset: 15 November 2005

Darkness boxset: 16 November 2010

River boxset: 4 December 2015

Even Barcelona 2002 got a November release (Live in Dublin and Hyde Park both came out in June, admittedly). Given that it's USA, Bruce's commercial peak, I'd be stunned if it's not tailored for the Christmas market. Obviously, I'd prefer something in the summer, too!

Of course we don't even know whether BITUSA will be the next release. Commercially it would make sense, but chronologically a Nebraska set should come next. Add into the mix that Tracks 2 has been heavily rumoured for a couple of years (not that Zimny would be likely to be involved in that).

When Bruce talked about a "surprise", I believe it meant that he just wasn't ready to tell us which of these was coming next.

The Zimny project might also be something unrelated to any of those. The one good thing about the last 12 months is that Bruce has had no excuse for not getting to work on all these projects.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Of course we don't even know whether BITUSA will be the next release. Commercially it would make sense, but chronologically a Nebraska set should come next. Add into the mix that Tracks 2 has been heavily rumoured for a couple of years (not that Zimny would be likely to be involved in that).

When Bruce talked about a "surprise", I believe it meant that he just wasn't ready to tell us which of these was coming next.

The Zimny project might also be something unrelated to any of those. The one good thing about the last 12 months is that Bruce has had no excuse for not getting to work on all these projects.

I was just doing the maths before

I think Nebraska is 40 next year  

iHy8U_.gif

6 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Bruce did say previously he wanted to do the box sets in the order of release and specifically said he wanted to do one for Nebraska… 

• Bruuuuce! 1

Re-read this page and made me think how much I love retrospective boxsets and how much we owe Bob Dylan whose Bootleg Series started it all. 

Its also a pity BTR was Bruce's first album to get this treatment.  If It was being done now it would be massive and not just a CD/2DVD set.

• Like 3

On 4/30/2021 at 7:27 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

I was just doing the maths before

I think Nebraska is 40 next year  

iHy8U_.gif

It certainly is. I remember how old I was when it came out, and people keep reminding me how old I am now.

It's was my first experience of a new release as a fan. I remember loving it, but also shrugging my shoulders and thinking "well, I guess he doesn't want to be a rock star"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

"well, I guess he doesn't want to be a rock star"

He wanted to be a movie star, but Mr. Spaceman thought he did not have the right looks.

So he went for the second best thing.

• Bruuuuce! 1

On 4/30/2021 at 10:14 AM, Born To Walk said:

The one good thing about the last 12 months is that Bruce has had no excuse for not getting to work on all these projects.

Unless he has been trying to finish Netflix like the rest of us. 

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2021 at 3:21 PM, Promise61 said:

Aye. Bruce has forever been in Dylan's wake. Rumour that the next Bob archive release will be the Infidels sessions.

I've heard this as well... I'm excited for that! 

• Like 1