Greasy Lake Community

Bruce said “WE HAVE A RECORD COMING OUT SOON ABOUT THE WEST”?

Bruce said 'set' in the West, not about the West (am I right?)

My guess would be that Bruce has been reflecting on a lot of the material he had whilst he was based on the West coast around 1991-94.

Music from the Human Touch / Lucky Town era perhaps?

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

4 hours ago, Sean McNeill said:

My guess would be that Bruce has been reflecting on a lot of the material he had whilst he was based on the West coast around 1991-94.

That would be awsome

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Turns out it's a twelve track album of early outtakes and demos, entitled, HOW THE WEST WAS WON.  Said to have huge Morricone and Brian Wilson influences.  Titles from The Man And His Music, Charles Cross

Side A

EVACUATION TO THE WEST / CHEROKEE QUEEN / ON A DAY OF THE COWBOYS

Side B

THE TRAIN SONG / DON'T YOU WANNA BE AN OUTLAW / BALLAD OF THE SELF LOADING PISTOL

Side C

CALIFORNIA, YOU'RE A WOMAN / CALIFORNIA BLUES / COWBOYS OF THE SEA

Side D

HIGH NOON / VISITATION AT FORT HORNE / HOW THE WEST WAS WON

Remember where you heard it first.

This shouldnt actually be so bad except its an excellent disk for tracks 2 

And i would love a 6 cd set for tracks 2

23 hours ago, muscum said:

Am I the only one to be disappointed at the new album news as it means the BITUSA boxset wont be coming out this summer?

23 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I never expected it to.

Are we thinking huge Posthumous release at this point ? :unsure:

3 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

Nooooo!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

Hopefully not, but they do seem slow at putting these things together.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

According to Nils, Bruce has 10 to 15 albums in the can so it could be a lucky dip. 

If Nils is right about this...

1 hour ago, Early North Jersey said:

...then they are maybe using the current times in which touring is impossible, to empty the vault, and just releasing everything that is ready for release. Which could mean, with some exaggeration and some wishful thinking: two new studio albums every year and some extras, live set, box set, 3 releases a year. (OK this is very, very, very wishful thinking........:D).

Still, they are indeed taking their time for the Nebraska/BUSA/or both combined together box.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

8 hours ago, Lampi said:

...then they are maybe using the current times in which touring is impossible, to empty the vault, and just releasing everything that is ready for release. Which could mean, with some exaggeration and some wishful thinking: two new studio albums every year and some extras, live set, box set, 3 releases a year. (OK this is very, very, very wishful thinking........:D).

Still, they are indeed taking their time for the Nebraska/BUSA/or both combined together box.

I don't know what sort of 'like' to give you 

tenor.gif

8 hours ago, Lampi said:

Although i see Nebraaka as the non identical twin to B ITUSA a combined box is my least fav option because in all the hype aka 1984 Nebraska is going to be overshadowed 

I just see the Nebraska material having a different general audience to the BITUSA box - serouse music fans Vs casual / 80's music fans

I don't see a problem with perhaps at some latter date putting electric Nebraska in with a reissue of the BITUSA box ...6 months latter with a tee shirt - just no stupid Q&A please !

15 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I don't know what sort of 'like' to give you 

At least those children don't wear an orange swimming suit.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Although i see Nebraska as the non identical twin to BITUSA a combined box is my least fav option because in all the hype aka 1984 Nebraska is going to be overshadowed 

I just see the Nebraska material having a different general audience to the BITUSA box - serouse music fans Vs casual / 80's music fans

This indeed. In addition, assuming the BUSA Box will be VERY BIG in itself, with adding Nebraska material it could be more than 10 CD/DVD's (and probably also a book), VERY BIG indeed and VERY EXPENSIVE too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lampi said:

This indeed. In addition, assuming the BUSA Box will be VERY BIG in itself, with adding Nebraska material it could be more than 10 CD/DVD's (and probably also a book), VERY BIG indeed and VERY EXPENSIVE too.

Past-the-piggy2__FitWzgwMCw0MjBd-1.jpg

To my non professional eye - just looking in as a consumer Bruce inc are not the smartest cookies when it comes to marketing 

The huge succes of BITUSA allowed Bruce to do things witj his career he would not have been able to do with out all that money and kudos 

BITUSA defined an era 

Its the (best) sounds of the '80's

I hope both it and Nebraska get all the accolades from their creator they so rightly deserve when it comes to their boxes

DOTEOT set the bar high

Nebraska needs to be just as good

BITUSA needs to vault way over it just like the album did in the 80's

This needs to be the definitive retrospective on this massive album but also not forgetting  it's  phnononmally influential older brother  Nebraska 

Maybe 

Just

Maybe

Nebraska box set (but without Electric Nebraska)

3/ 6 months latter release Electric Nebraska as a stand alone album

Then in time for xmas release BITUSA box

On 5/15/2021 at 3:04 PM, Breakaway said:

Western Stars is an amazing record so I'd love something like that. It would be a perfect time to put out a solo record now that we're still many months away from Bruce and ESB playing stadiums and arenas.

I couldn't agree more!
I would also love something like a Tom Joad II :)

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

On 5/16/2021 at 1:04 AM, Sean McNeill said:

If it is I'll look for my black arm band to wear 24/7 -7 days a week  and prepare my mind and body to go back into lock down, getting depressed and again hating this wicked cruel evil world on what it has given me.    

3 minutes ago, Lampi said:

With more music then.

Too much of a risk

That's how we ended up with the commie 

2 hours ago, catfish said:

If it is I'll look for my black arm band to wear 24/7 -7 days a week  and prepare my mind and body to go back into lock down, getting depressed and again hating this wicked cruel evil world on what it has given me.    

It can never be as horrible as the Little Steven 57 Channels remixes!:D (and nothing horrible about HT/LT).

Probably not that much left, if any, of the era that is not released yet anyway.

Unless we are talking about the mysterious, lost 1994 'electronic',  'hip hop'  album.

37 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Too much of a risk 

Why? With more music I meant more like Long Time Coming, Maria's Bed, Leah, even the first four Joad songs (and Dry Lightning and Across The Border).

It's a thin line; the line between singing songs and playing acoustic guitar and talking, almost whispering, murmuring and somewhere far away something that is supposed to be music.

And then there is Youngstown from 1999-2000 (and later tours too, of course).

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

2 hours ago, Lampi said:

Why? With more music I meant more like Long Time Coming, Maria's Bed, Leah, even the first four Joad songs (and Dry Lightning and Across The Border).

It's a thin line; the line between singing songs and playing acoustic guitar and talking, almost whispering, murmuring and somewhere far away something that is supposed to be music.

And then there is Youngstown from 1999-2000 (and later tours too, of course).

I was thinking of electric Joad :D

Id love a Joad 2 acoustic