Greasy Lake Community

Bruce said “WE HAVE A RECORD COMING OUT SOON ABOUT THE WEST”?

57 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Could never been worse than the Little Steven 57 Channels remixes. Impossible!

Edit: must say I always liked 57 Channels, as a funny little song full of self-mockery about the bourgeois house in the Hollywoord Hills (see also: Local Hero and TV Movie). It is not a great song, obviously, but it was never intended that way.

And, like once was said on this forum, the 57 Channels video clip is so hilarious bad it actually becomes good.

I agree

I actually love 57 channels 

The video is hilarious  

Something doesn't need to be great to be enjoyable 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I agree

I actually love 57 channels 

The video is hilarious  

Something doesn't need to be great to be enjoyable 

I agree.  The song is satirical with a comic video as is appropriate.  I don't know why people knock it.

Back when we only had 3 or 4 TV channels in the UK, I can remember being told not to complain about the dearth of choice and warned about the wall-to-wall crap that was US TV.  Now we have wall-to-wall crap too.  :D

• Like 2

On 5/22/2021 at 6:33 PM, Lampi said:

Edit: must say I always liked 57 Channels, as a funny little song full of self-mockery about the bourgeois house in the Hollywoord Hills (see also: Local Hero and TV Movie). It is not a great song, obviously, but it was never intended that way.

And, like once was said on this forum, the 57 Channels video clip is so hilarious bad it actually becomes good.

Yeh I don't hate it either to be truthful

• Like 2

On 5/22/2021 at 4:33 AM, Lampi said:

I agree, can’t stand the mix live version, I love the studio version, the SNL version not so much.  

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 11:58 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

And this one too

So watched it now, for the first time in many years (the 57 Channels video from MTV Plugged).

An exiting video, something really different, showing that the 1992-1993 band could do more than play inferior versions of ESB classics; using the band in a way they should have been more used that tour.

And Bruce looks so young and cute in that video! [maybe was wearing an orange swimming suit underneath his pants?].

• Bruuuuce! 1

About to embark on my first visit of the land in between the coasts driving over the divide and to the West. Hoping the youngest, 20, converts while trapped in car. The husband is bringing a vocal pup and I his sedative so I know converting a Bruce fan should be lower on my list. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, myskyisblue said:

About to embark on my first visit of the land in between the coasts driving over the divide and to the West. Hoping the youngest, 20, converts while trapped in car. The husband is bringing a vocal pup and I his sedative so I know converting a Bruce fan should be lower on my list. 

I like your thinking 

• Love Love Love! 1