Greasy Lake Community

Bruce Springsteen Will Guest on New John Mellencamp LP

• sleepyjoe changed the title to Bruce Springsteen Will Guest on New John Mellencamp LP
54 minutes ago, sleepyjoe said:

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/bruce-springsteen-guest-john-mellencamp-album/

So he started the year launching a podcast with Obama, and is ending the year making an album with Mellencamp. Who would've thought?

So sorry, didn't see could someone merge my topic with this one?

On 5/19/2021 at 10:29 PM, sleepyjoe said:

ending the year making an album with Mellencamp.

I would have thought we were talking about vocals and guitar on one track and nothing more.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 1:57 PM, Born To Walk said:

I would have thought we were talking about vocals and guitar on one track and nothing more.

Perhaps. Made it sound like he had a finished album, went back in studio to make a bunch more, and Bruce was involved with one or more of those new ones

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really couldn’t stand Johnny Cougar when he first came out. It was probably more a result of MTV than the music itself. I really didn’t like his dirtbag look. But over time, his music has grown on me. Key West Intermezzo would be my favorite by far and one of my favorite songs overall. I don’t know that I see Bruce and Johnny Cougar as a great match, but I’ll give it a listen

1 hour ago, Jertucky said:

Key West Intermezzo would be my favorite by far and one of my favorite songs overall. 

Agreed. Closely followed by Check It Out. The mix on that is incredible, loud, sharp, and crystal clear.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jertucky said:

I really couldn’t stand Johnny Cougar when he first came out. It was probably more a result of MTV than the music itself. I really didn’t like his dirtbag look. But over time, his music has grown on me. Key West Intermezzo would be my favorite by far and one of my favorite songs overall. I don’t know that I see Bruce and Johnny Cougar as a great match, but I’ll give it a listen

Key West would be perfect.

I also think I'm Not Running Anymore would work for both as well.

5 hours ago, zzcoolness said:

Key West would be perfect.

I also think I'm Not Running Anymore would work for both as well.

I don’t know I’m Not Running. I’ll try to listen to it.

That said, I don’t really hear Bruce with Key West.

1 hour ago, Jertucky said:

I don’t know I’m Not Running. I’ll try to listen to it.

That said, I don’t really hear Bruce with Key West.

I think maybe a younger ht/lt Bruce could pull it off, maybe not present -day one.

4 hours ago, Bruce The Boss said:

Is Mellencamp still dating Meg Ryan ???

No, apparently it's a Bloomington local.(Points, to everyone who knows the nickname from a specific 1979 movie). ;)

Thematically, Bruce's Sugarland is right up Mellencamp's street. Would be a very cool thing if they've conjured up a version of that between them.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

18 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Thematically, Bruce's Sugarland is right up Mellencamp's street. Would be a very cool thing if they've conjured up a version of that between them.

That'd be cool

• Like 2