Greasy Lake Community

2022 Tour Rumors

Given how quickly the USA has opened up - sell-out crowds at the NBA play-offs, most NFL games expected to have 100% capacity from September - I can see a March/April/May leg in US arenas, June/July/start of August in EU, then back to the USA for stadiums/ball parks in August/September. Basically, a bit like 2012/2016... 

59 minutes ago, Nick21 said:

Given how quickly the USA has opened up - sell-out crowds at the NBA play-offs, most NFL games expected to have 100% capacity from September - I can see a March/April/May leg in US arenas, June/July/start of August in EU, then back to the USA for stadiums/ball parks in August/September. Basically, a bit like 2012/2016... 

So no UK dates then?  :(

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Sean McNeill said:

I can't see Bruce & the guys touring in stadiums playing 3 hour shows he way the did in 2016/17.

I pray he proves me wrong but I think he has aged a lot.

I think you are right about the 3 hour shows....but i'm sure he will still give a heck of a show for a 72 year old.

A great 2 hour show plus a few encores will do me. Play the classics and some new stuff.

His voice has sounded rougher in the last few years, I think we will get songs he can still manage but possibly in a lower key and a slower pace, and there will be much more backing vocals to help him out.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 10/5/2021 at 4:57 PM, DennisvdBr said:

Hi, I have a good feeling about the Sunday of Pinkpop Festival Netherlands 2022, what do you guys (Boss-experts) think?

greetings, Dennis (NL)

pinkpop-dag-met-bruce-springsteen-uitver

It could be Red Hot Chilli Peppers, they start their tour in June and American leg starts in July.

That seems to be ruled out?

"Unfortunately, with Metallica’s confirmation for the first day of the festival, we also have less good news; the Red Hot Chili Peppers are no longer coming to the 51st edition of Pinkpop."

www.pinkpop.nl/2022/en/metallica-confirmed-for-pinkpop-2022/

4 minutes ago, DennisvdBr said:

That seems to be ruled out?

"Unfortunately, with Metallica’s confirmation for the first day of the festival, we also have less good news; the Red Hot Chili Peppers are no longer coming to the 51st edition of Pinkpop."

www.pinkpop.nl/2022/en/metallica-confirmed-for-pinkpop-2022/

Oh right. Your feeling could be right then. Hope it comes true for you.

• Like 1
  • Hug 1

to be honest, i have read some rumors about ireland and italy in june/july 2022 (the festival is june 17-19)

I have already excluded a number of acts as headliners. (Muse, Ed Sheeran for example.) Until now I've puzzled out to Coldplay and Springsteen. With the ticketsale coming november 5th. So headliner announcement is expected soon.

For reasons that are not clear to me, Pearl Jam has been shifted from Sunday 2021 to Saturday 2022. In addition, RHCP has been removed from the bill after 2020 and 2021.  It seems that space has been made on the Festival's closing day for something big. 

it's no secret that the festival founder would love to see Springsteen back.  He left one of the most legendary impressions with his performances at the festival in 2009 and 2012.  Knowing that 2009 was the 40th Pinkpop and upcoming 51st festival, with the founder taking a step back.

of course there are also other options for 60k audience in the Netherlands. Springsteen has already been to Malieveld, Goffertpark and Gelredome. I think that Goffertpark can also be excluded, I expect that it is already fully booked.

that's why I figured out my chance to Springsteen back at Pinkpop? (My Hometown)

does this sound logical?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DennisvdBr said:

to be honest, i have read some rumors about ireland and italy in june/july 2022 (the festival is june 17-19)

I have already excluded a number of acts as headliners. (Muse, Ed Sheeran for example.) Until now I've puzzled out to Coldplay and Springsteen. With the ticketsale coming november 5th. So headliner announcement is expected soon.

For reasons that are not clear to me, Pearl Jam has been shifted from Sunday 2021 to Saturday 2022. In addition, RHCP has been removed from the bill after 2020 and 2021.  It seems that space has been made on the Festival's closing day for something big. 

it's no secret that the festival founder would love to see Springsteen back.  He left one of the most legendary impressions with his performances at the festival in 2009 and 2012.  Knowing that 2009 was the 40th Pinkpop and upcoming 51st festival, with the founder taking a step back.

of course there are also other options for 60k audience in the Netherlands. Springsteen has already been to Malieveld, Goffertpark and Gelredome. I think that Goffertpark can also be excluded, I expect that it is already fully booked.

that's why I figured out my chance to Springsteen back at Pinkpop? (My Hometown)

does this sound logical?

you dont need logic to hold into hope that Bruce Springsteen and the ESB are coming to your hometown 

i hope this comes true for you and our other Dutch greasylakers 

and also welcome to the lake :)

what do you  think @Lampi ?

21 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

what do you  think @Lampi ?

As guilty of the most unpopular opinion in the history of Greasy Lake I better say nothing...:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

...except the disadvantage of a shortened show for a festival will be less or even non-existent when one expects shows will be shorter anyway.

question, is the tour still going to happen in 2022, what do you all think? I think I read that there would be something of an announcement in September, but nothing has happened. Has everything been canceled perhaps? I had High Hopes after the Broadway gigs, it's time for something like a "Letter to You"-tour for example...

oh well, hope for the best

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DennisvdBr said:

question, is the tour still going to happen in 2022, what do you all think? I think I read that there would be something of an announcement in September, but nothing has happened. Has everything been canceled perhaps? I had High Hopes after the Broadway gigs, it's time for something like a "Letter to You"-tour for example...

oh well, hope for the best

You have always rumours but all the venues have to be avaliable. A lot shows were postponed and are now taken place in 2022. And I read somewhere that there are to less roadies at the moment in the scene to build all the stages. A lot of them changed from profession. Only time will tell maybe end of 2022 and 2023 we get a tour. We have to be patience what Landau and Springsteen will decide about a new tour

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2021 at 5:57 PM, DennisvdBr said:

Hi, I have a good feeling about the Sunday of Pinkpop Festival Netherlands 2022, what do you guys (Boss-experts) think?

greetings, Dennis (NL)

nevermind... i'm afraid i'll have to drive somewhere else.

Spoiler

i'll think we will know soon enough, rumour where dates in september, so they should apear in coming month