Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Andrew, to tell you the truth, even if I DID understand all those instructions I wouldn't give Seat Geek, Apple, Broadway or even Bruce (yes, Bruce!!) the satisfaction of going along with all th

The prices for this show are way too high. Other Broadway shows can justify their high prices somewhat because they have huge casts, with a lot of expensive costumes, complicated choreography, multipl

On a serious note, it really isn't for everyone, and it wasn't the first time he did it. I think he personally enjoyed the experience, so he extended it and extended it and extended again, simply

Posted Images

Bruce Springsteen will return to Broadway this summer for a limited run of Springsteen on Broadway performances at Jujamcyn's St. James Theatre. Shows begin Saturday June 26, with additional performances taking place through September 4.

Tickets for Springsteen on Broadway will go on sale Thursday, June 10 at 12pm ET through the show's official ticketing provider SeatGeek. See a full list of performances and information on purchasing tickets  HERE.

“I loved doing Springsteen on Broadway and I’m thrilled to have been asked to reprise the show as part of the reopening of Broadway,” said Bruce.

Proceeds from Opening Night of Springsteen on Broadway  at the St. James Theatre will be donated to a group of local New York and New Jersey charities including the Boys and Girls Club of Monmouth County, Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids, Community FoodBank of New Jersey, Food Bank for New York City, Fulfill (Monmouth & Ocean Counties Foodbank), Long Island Cares, NJ Pandemic Relief Fund and The Actor’s Fund.

Audience members will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination in order to enter the theater.

For more information visit jujamcyn.com/springsteenFAQ.

• Like 1

Just saw that on Twitter,  still won’t be able to make it though, even less chance than last time! 

Interesting, many different thoughts and comments will be incoming I feel….

• Like 1

You gotta be shitting me?!?! WTF is the matter with him: MORE NOSTALGIA TO COME! Seriously … doesn’t he wanna play some Rock/Roll? I don’t get it. If he likes playing like this so much why not do another tour like he did in 2005?

Whatever - I think this sucks; even IF he plays a new song up there.

Brad

• Like 4
Just now, AMIW said:

probably verified fans only :angry:

You have to have verification that you are fully vaccinated.

• Like 2

Knowing Bruce .... He probably thinks this is good for the country ...... Getting people to come out of their cocoon and buy some Broadway tickets ....Of course i have two weeks off this summer ....two weeks that looks like they perfectly coincide with what looks like Bruces month on vacation in Europe ....

• Sad 2
3 minutes ago, burghfan said:

You have to have verification that you are fully vaccinated.

Audience members have to pass a proof of vaccination test.

Bruce will have to pass a breathalyzer test.

• Haha 9

Well, his coffers have been seriously depleted, so what's a boy to do?

Clearly, creatively, the well is running dry.

• Sad 1

Tough one gonna have to suck it up and hope he brings it to England in September. I imagine the setlist and stories will alter a little given the events of the last couple of years. Opportunity for something off Western Stars and/or Letter to You not to mention a chance to debut new stuff

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Clearly, creatively, the well is running dry.

Aww, come on.  The last studio album only had 3 songs that were written almost 50 years ago.

• Like 1

So,

verified fan policy;

covid-free certificate;

limited stint;

(+living an ocean apart)

It looks like an easy ticket... ;)

now, where’s the catch? The price?

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

Audience members have to pass a proof of vaccination test.

Bruce will have to pass a breathalyzer test.

Seriously - that’s the funniest thing I ever heard hahahahahaha

• Like 2

He promised a surprise or two in 2021 and none of us would have guessed this so it ticks the boxes. Shame it’s such a crap one.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, BruceHistory said:

You gotta be shitting me?!?! WTF is the matter with him: MORE NOSTALGIA TO COME! Seriously … doesn’t he wanna play some Rock/Roll? I don’t get it. If he likes playing like this so much why not do another tour like he did in 2005?

Whatever - I think this sucks; even IF he plays a new song up there.

Brad

Well, he probably just wants to play live before 2022 (or 2023). The Broadway format allows him to do it without planning a 300’000’000 dollar tour.
It makes a lot of sense to me.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

It is possible, I suppose, that it could be a show of new material.

Maybe that new record with "songs about the West"

Might be he reworks the Springsteen on Broadway show and adds some new music.....all possible

So for all the prognostications, who had "another round of Springsteen on Broadway" in the betting pool?

• Haha 3

There’s no verified fan policy - everyone can buy tickets via the link on 10th June. It’s in a bigger theatre, that seats 1,710 people so I really hope those of you who didn’t get to go are able to this time. I’m sure it’ll be incredible and I still stand by those nights I saw the show as being some of the greatest nights of my life. The 3rd show will always be one of the most special days I’ve ever experienced and the fact that the show is coming back just feels so overwhelming. 2 new albums since then too! So I look forward to seeing what happens. I just wish I could travel so I could go

• Bruuuuce! 2
  • CmonMrTrouble changed the title to Springsteen on Broadway Returns
  • Trang changed the title to SOB Summer 2021 - Duplicate of someone else's prior post
  • CmonMrTrouble pinned this topic