Greasy Lake Community

Springsteen on Broadway Returns

Really hope all this nonsense about what vaccine you have had to get entry will be sorted out for next year, when I hope very much to travel to the US to see Bruce. If not, then that's the end of my dream. Will just settle for some Euro shows.

Also hope all physical distancing and quarantine rules are gone by next summer as well. Depends how the virus behaves in the next few months I suppose.

Well done to all those who acquired tickets for the Broadway shows. 30 shows sold out in an hour....bloody hell.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

i talked to a friend who is an actual Doctor (no not the one with a TARDIS) and he said that sometime this summer Oxford/Astra Zeneca would go to the FDA, CDC etc for approval - the delay was because their earlier trial data didnt include enough Oldies.

Maybe there is an actual web article that explains that

Anyway at that point the Yankee Colony would have the same vaccines as Dear Old Blighty 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, JoanFontaine said:

Those are great seats.  In the early days of Broadway, they were considered the best seats in the house.  Enjoy.  

Thru the 80s/90s/00s, we were always hoping to grab reasonably prices seats low in the mezz.

On 6/8/2021 at 11:08 AM, Fifer said:

I wonder if the next step is to bring SoB to Europe, with week long stop offs in various cities in the autumn, keeping interest heightened in advance of a Summer 22 E Street Band tour. 

Hope so, I’d love to SOB in Europe.

• Like 1

On the Astra Zeneca vaccine - the US has sent tens of millions of doses of the vaccine to Mexico and Canada, and now it is not good enough for a visitor to Broadway?  I am disappointed on behalf of all who got the AZ vaccine and can't go to this show.  Hopefully this will get sorted out soon to your benefit.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Turkued said:

Hi Rachel,

I have the same problem. I called and was told the tickets would be available from inside our browser after we complete a COVID questionaire within 24 hours of the show. Feel secure? :) Will you be able to get into the U.S.A.?

Congrats on getting the "right" vaccine. I'll be getting a third shot to please the Americans. That will give me one Astra Zeneca, two Pfizer and a ton of immunity from when COVID killed me. Fortunately I became un-dead. 

Good luck with everything!

Ed, can you just explain to me what you mean when you say you're getting a third shot? Have your doctors advised you to get it?

11 hours ago, rachelharms said:

I think I had Covid twice in the very beginning but that was before I was allowed to be tested. Once was before Covid was really a thing, and the second time was when it started to get really bad. I had to self isolate and both symptoms were the same each time. It was horrible and I’m so scared that I’ll get symptoms after my vaccine today but at least it’s one step closer to being free! I feel like I might cry after I’m vaccinated today. I never thought this day would come

i hope you get yours soon

oh my goodness 

that's awful

im so sorry to hear that2

that you possibly had it and that you couldn't get a test 

i did/do worry about you in that pharmacy

sounds like the 2nd dose will be the worse one but it will just mean you have a young robust healthy immune system

im sure it won't be worse than the worst hang over and the next day you'll be a box of fluffies again 

best of luck

we will be thinking of you

xxx

19 minutes ago, JoanFontaine said:

On the Astra Zeneca vaccine - the US has sent tens of millions of doses of the vaccine to Mexico and Canada, and now it is not good enough for a visitor to Broadway?  I am disappointed on behalf of all who got the AZ vaccine and can't go to this show.  Hopefully this will get sorted out soon to your benefit.  

Maybe someone knows something we all don't know!;) Kind of like how this whole government information about the pandemic has went.  :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, burghfan said:

I got in, just wanted to check the ticket prices, and it looks like to be on the floor it is $500 and up.  The last time I am pretty sure you could get the back of the floor for $300.  So it is a bigger place and ticket prices went up.

what does a show usually cost on Broadway  ?

28 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Ed, can you just explain to me what you mean when you say you're getting a third shot? Have your doctors advised you to get it?

Sure.

My first shot was Astra Zeneca. It put me back in the hospital. The NHS didn't get the message that those recovering from severe COVID should wait at least 90 days before getting an AZ shot.

No way I was getting another AZ. So, little known fact, although the NHS advises you get two of the same shot it's not a rule. So I refused another AZ, wrote to my CCG, and presto, I got Pfizer. Little did we know we were apparently giving me superior protection ( https://www.dw.com/en/mix-and-match-vaccines-biontech-astrazeneca-better-than-one-shot/a-57819127 ).

But that's still not good enough for Bruce.

You can get another shot after 28 days. In my case, it is argued I have yet to have a full vaccine from anyone. Under strict NHS rules, that's true. In New York, Columbia University is not accepting those who have been fully vaccinated with non FDA vaccines. Those students will not be able to attend class until they have another complete course of vaccination (hopefully J and J).

I'll be getting a booster in the fall, anyway. We all will be in the UK.  I'll just make this second Pfizer my booster. The other alternative is to get a forged form, readily available where I live, but that doesn't jibe with my moral values. I'm not Harry and this isn't my town. Although if it were Bruce would be singing Harry's Place nightly.

I was able to get two $100 tickets. Strange price point, in the center of the balcony, first row. If they won't let me in because they don't like the NHS certification, no big. I don't have $1700 invested. I do have a law degree and if I'm not refunded upon refusal I like suing people. Bit of a personality disorder.

We all need to remember one thing: this isn't Bruce, it isn't the theatre, this isn't Seat Geek. They started with WHO approved vaccines.  These rules come from the Governor of New York, Andrew Cuomo, and his people. In Boston, Fenway Park is full, they've done such a great job vaccinating people, no proof is required. Both the Moderna and J & J vaccines were invented in Boston. Shame those in the wilds of Albany aren't as efficient.  

Now getting Rachel in the country, with her Pfizer's, is our next collective challenge. Mexico is still open so perhaps a summer journey across the Sonoran desert, over the fence...all in honour of Bruce's western themed new music? :) 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Turkued said:

Sure.

My first shot was Astra Zeneca. It put me back in the hospital. The NHS didn't get the message that those recovering from severe COVID should wait at least 90 days before getting an AZ shot.

No way I was getting another AZ. So, little known fact, although the NHS advises you get two of the same shot it's not a rule. So I refused another AZ, wrote to my CCG, and presto, I got Pfizer. Little did we know we were apparently giving me superior protection ( https://www.dw.com/en/mix-and-match-vaccines-biontech-astrazeneca-better-than-one-shot/a-57819127 ).

But that's still not good enough for Bruce.

You can get another shot after 28 days. In my case, it is argued I have yet to have a full vaccine from anyone. Under strict NHS rules, that's true. In New York, Columbia University is not accepting those who have been fully vaccinated with non FDA vaccines. Those students will not be able to attend class until they have another complete course of vaccination (hopefully J and J).

I'll be getting a booster in the fall, anyway. We all will be in the UK.  I'll just make this second Pfizer my booster. The other alternative is to get a forged form, readily available where I live, but that doesn't jibe with my moral values. I'm not Harry and this isn't my town. Although if it were Bruce would be singing Harry's Place nightly.

I was able to get two $100 tickets. Strange price point, in the center of the balcony, first row. If they won't let me in because they don't like the NHS certification, no big. I don't have $1700 invested. I do have a law degree and if I'm not refunded upon refusal I like suing people. Bit of a personality disorder.

We all need to remember one thing: this isn't Bruce, it isn't the theatre, this isn't Seat Geek. They started with WHO approved vaccines.  These rules come from the Governor of New York, Andrew Cuomo, and his people. In Boston, Fenway Park is full, they've done such a great job vaccinating people, no proof is required. Both the Moderna and J & J vaccines were invented in Boston. Shame those in the wilds of Albany aren't as efficient.  

Now getting Rachel in the country, with her Pfizer's, is our next collective challenge. Mexico is still open so perhaps a summer journey across the Sonoran desert, over the fence...all in honour of Bruce's western themed new music? :) 

goodness everything sounds overly complicated 

but great price on those seats :)

• Like 1

Daisey this is the Bruce forum… before this thread goes down a hole never to return we should keep discussion relevant to the Broadway show and who will be allowed to attend

• Love Love Love! 1

1 minute ago, AMIW said:

Daisey this is the Bruce forum… before this thread goes down a hole never to return we should keep discussion relevant to the Broadway show and who will be allowed to attend

right oh Cheif :)

you mean no going off on wild tangents :lol:

is this a new alternative reality ? :lol:

Am I missing something here?

So you go to Seat Geek and look for Bruce tickets and tons are available: for marked up prices ($1,000 for a balcony ticket, anyone?).

So the original seller is now the re-seller? Ticketmaster and Stubhub as one, with no limit on mark up's?

This is just plain wrong.

1 hour ago, Turkued said:

Am I missing something here?

So you go to Seat Geek and look for Bruce tickets and tons are available: for marked up prices ($1,000 for a balcony ticket, anyone?).

So the original seller is now the re-seller? Ticketmaster and Stubhub as one, with no limit on mark up's?

This is just plain wrong.

Seat Geek started life as a ticket reseller. So some of what you see are resales. Would it surprise me if they skimmed some tickets off the top to sell at an inflated price?  No, nothing would surprise me. This is a dirty business. For all I know "the artist" is in on it; Seat Geek holds back tickets, sells them at an additional markup (although NYS law caps the markup at 10%), and then splits the premium with the artist.  I don't know that to be the case, just a guess - but lots of tickets hit their site very fast this afternoon. Their fees are less than Ticketmaster,  so that's good for the customer. 

30 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

where are the $75 tickets ?

Since when he had horses, houses, motorcycles, cars, jeeps (w/ complimentary interlock breathalyzer), two studios, and more... 1.5 years w/o a tour? Must be hard...

1 hour ago, zzcoolness said:

Since when he had horses, houses, motorcycles, cars, jeeps (w/ complimentary interlock breathalyzer), two studios, and more... 1.5 years w/o a tour? Must be hard...

.......To be a Saint.....

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

can you just explain to me what you mean when you say you're getting a third shot? Have your doctors advised you to get it?

Is this part of the transcript of Bruce’s recent Tequila trial? ;)

• Haha 3