Greasy Lake Community

Springsteen on Broadway Returns

18 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

couldnt agree more and i think i met some of your friends/family when i came out 

I always seemed to know someone that was there...I had more pictures of the Walter Kerr Theatre on my Facebook timeline than pictures of people's pets for a over a year. I don't think any of my family went out there, but if they did and you met them I apologise

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

where are the $75 tickets ?

I think much of the balcony was $75 (IIRC someone posted upthread that first two or so rows dead center were $100).  We're third row just to the right of center, and those were $75

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

It seems a few Foo Fighters fans are throwing a tantrum over a vaccinated only gig at MSG.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/foo-fighters-covid-vaccine-concert-b1863350.html

• Sad 1

Get a feeling that this is not just Bruce's call. Of course, the money always helps. There will be many more such high profile artists shows as well as sporting events where vaccination will be  mandatory for attendance. This will eventually push all the fence sitters to get vaccinated. Right now the priority is to get everyone in the US vaccinated,so lot of folks from UK are ruled out on account of being vaccinated with AZ. We Indians who also have taken AZ are anyway not welcome anywhere now^_^. Everyone, the artist, the vaccine companies and eventually the society too gains. 

• Hug 1

Has there been any commotion from fans about other vaccines not being 'allowed'.

Or does everyone just sit back and accept it ... like the ridiculous ticket prices?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, balboa08 said:

Get a feeling that this is not just Bruce's call.

I suspect the artists will have no say in this at all, they either accept the vaccine only policy or they don't play.

Seen it once live, and then on Netflix, no desire to see the same show at a higher price. I could care less if close the show with ISYIMD, even if I really want to hear that. Besides, Bootleg Corner helped with SOB Long Walk Home anyways. ;) 

Btw, anyone who got tickets enjoy the show! That was the first time I went to NYC, and it was awesome! The night we went to, was the night he talked about March for Our Lives which we participated in the weekend before and wore our shirts.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

I can't help but notice the glaring disparity between a $500 ticket and his recent award for promoting Woody Guthrie's legacy, or whatever the hell that was.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

24 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

I can't help but notice the glaring disparity between a $500 ticket and his recent award for promoting Woody Guthrie's legacy, or whatever the hell that was.

While many folks unfortunately lost their jobs due to the pandemic and suffered horrific economic hardship, other folks in specific jobs or industries, especially in the tri state area, had record years.  For the chance to finally get out and hear some live music in a full theater, $500-850 is a drop in the bucket, and the Industry knows this.

• Sad 2

On 6/10/2021 at 5:33 PM, Turkued said:

Hey, a fellow mixed vaccine recipient!

It appears we were going to be ineligible under the first standard, which mandated two shots of any WHO approved vaccine or 1 shot of J and J. I had written to the theater about us mixers and they directed me to the new rules.

If it's any consolation it increasingly appears that you and I have protection superior to those who received two shots of the same vaccine. So we can sit knowing we have a better chance of surviving COVID than our friends attending BOB. I guess we should have known that vaccines not made by American multinational drug companies would never be accepted by the Americans. Well, New Yorkers. Bostonians, for example, welcome us to concerts, games and museums in their fair city. As does Chicago.

Judging by your name, are you also a fellow Finn?

I wasn't going to even try and attend the coming shows on Broadway but these rules are just unfair. Oh well.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

its only about the music now for me, not the man. the whole Broadway thing is just one big ego trip

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

its only about the music now for me, not the man. the whole Broadway thing is just one big ego trip

I think there is also hypocrisy from Camp Springsteen, too. On the WB album he layed into the bankers for getting fat up on Banker's Hill (or wherever the hell that was) and even threatened to shoot the bastards on sight, albeit in the third person. He's become one of those people that Woody himself railed against.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Ed King said:

The NYC tri state area is a beast onto itself.

Is is the greed from the Springsteen machine. The type of machine he likes to rail against to make money on albums, then cozy up next to, to buy tickets to his self-indulgent snorefest of a one man show.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

where are the $75 tickets ?

That’s probably the ticket bill theater bartenders would hand you after ordering a “cold beer at a reasonable price”… ;) 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, balboa08 said:

Get a feeling that this is not just Bruce's call. Of course, the money always helps. There will be many more such high profile artists shows as well as sporting events where vaccination will be  mandatory for attendance. This will eventually push all the fence sitters to get vaccinated. Right now the priority is to get everyone in the US vaccinated,so lot of folks from UK are ruled out on account of being vaccinated with AZ. We Indians who also have taken AZ are anyway not welcome anywhere now^_^. Everyone, the artist, the vaccine companies and eventually the society too gains. 

On the Sirius interview he said it was Landau, then the SOB director that suggested it and then  "a friend sat on my sofa" said he'd be mad not to. So no, it wasn't Bruce's idea.

1 hour ago, Judgeb said:

I am a public school teacher that lives in the tri-state area. $500 is not a drop in the bucket. 

I’m also a Publix school employee. I could do $500, but it would certainly take some finagling. I couldn’t just shake out the couch cushions to come up with it.

Alas, if it was a quarter I wouldn’t want to see it. Never made it through the Netflix film of it after several attempts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Judgeb said:

I am a public school teacher that lives in the tri-state area. $500 is not a drop in the bucket. 

You're right:  I meant to say that for MANY in the tri state area, it's a drop in the bucket.  Surely not the majority in the area, but many.

No way no how would we be paying $500 a seat.  If we didn't find $75 tickets yesterday, then we simply weren't going to SOB.

EDIT:  point of reference: there are still decent $59 seats available to see Lupone in Company.  Fifth row center orchestra for Hamilton are $499.  Don't get me started on The Music Man prices....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

The show I went to was half fans and half look at me with my SOB programme in front of stage in my designer clobber types

I treasure the memory of my two shows.  Especially the first one when I looked across the aisle through my tears and heard sniffling from Kevin Bacon. 

• Like 1