Greasy Lake Community

Springsteen on Broadway Returns

I have two tickets for SOB that I can’t use for 9/3 show. Row D, Right Orchestra , Aisle seats. Suggestions for where to sell them (other than EBay) where the fee isn’t huge? Thanks in advance.

‘Springsteen On Broadway’ Launches Digital Lottery For $75 Seats

Springsteen on Broadway tickets generally don’t come cheap, but some fans are in for a bargain: Thirty-two seats at $75 each will be set aside each performance for winners of a digital lottery.

The lottery was announced today by Jujamcyn Theaters and online ticketing sweepstakes company Lucky Seat. The Springsteen on Broadway digital lottery begins today at 9 a.m. ET for performances beginning on Tuesday, June 29. The show runs through Saturday, September 4.

Springsteen on Broadway, which played a sold-out run in 2017-2018, returns tomorrow, June 26, at the St. James Theatre, marking the re-opening of Broadway after 15 months of the Covid shutdown. Tomorrow’s performance is not included in the lottery.

The lottery details are as follows:

For each performance, 32 tickets will be sold for $75 each (limit 2 tickets per winner). The seat locations of lottery tickets may have a partial, restricted, and/or obstructed view of the stage and tickets issued to a winner may not necessarily be next to one another. Seats may be located anywhere in the theater, including in sections accessible by stairs only. Winners who require accessible seating or other special accommodations should contact help@luckyseat.com;

For performances Wednesday through Saturday, the lottery will open at 9 a.m. ET two days prior to the performance date and will close at 8:59 a.m. ET the day before the performance;

For Tuesday performances, the drawing will open at 9 a.m. ET four days prior to the performance date and will close at 8:59 a.m. ET the day before the performance;

No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or participate;

Only one entry per person will be allowed per performance. Each winning entrant may purchase up to two tickets for the duration of the engagement;

Winner and non-winner notifications will be sent at approximately 11 a.m. ET the day prior to the performance via email and SMS (if mobile number is provided);

Tickets must be purchased online with a credit card by 3 p.m. ET the day prior to the performance using the purchase link in a customized notification email. Tickets not claimed by 3 p.m. ET the day prior to the performance are forfeited;

Winning tickets will be digital tickets that can be claimed via customized link that will be sent to the recipient the day of the performance;

Digital drawing tickets will be voided if re-sold;

Guests will need to be fully vaccinated with an FDA or WHO approved vaccine in order to attend Springsteen on Broadway and must show proof of vaccination at their time of entry into the theater with a valid ticket. The only exception will be for guests under the age of 16, or those who need reasonable accommodations due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief. Guests under 16 and those who need reasonable accommodations due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief must provide proof of a negative COVID test, in addition to properly wearing a mask at all times while inside the building except while seated when eating or drinking.

To register for the lottery, go here. 

Outside the lottery, tickets for Springsteen on Broadway generally go from more than $200 to nearly $2,000 on the primary seller SeatGeek, and even more on secondary reselling sites.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/springsteen-broadway-launches-digital-lottery-110035775.html

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Victoria said:

I have two tickets for SOB that I can’t use for 9/3 show. Row D, Right Orchestra , Aisle seats. Suggestions for where to sell them (other than EBay) where the fee isn’t huge? Thanks in advance.

You can try to sell them here in the ticket seller forum for the face value plus the fees. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gsquare said:

Winner and non-winner notifications will be sent at approximately 11 a.m. ET the day prior to the performance via email and SMS (if mobile number is provided);

So in practical terms it's just for locals then.

I was wondering if there was going to be a lottery this time.  The description of where the seats are make it sound like you will be in the theater, but will only be able to see, at best, part of the show.

If he really wanted to do something for his fans he should have not sold the first 2 rows and had those seats in the lottery.  This makes it seem like they found 32 seats that couldn't be sold in the original sale because the view sucks from those seats and somebody came up with the idea of doing a lottery for them so the people who won the right to sit there will feel lucky to be in the building.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, burghfan said:

I was wondering if there was going to be a lottery this time.  The description of where the seats are make it sound like you will be in the theater, but will only be able to see, at best, part of the show.

If he really wanted to do something for his fans he should have not sold the first 2 rows and had those seats in the lottery.  This makes it seem like they found 32 seats that couldn't be sold in the original sale because the view sucks from those seats and somebody came up with the idea of doing a lottery for them so the people who won the right to sit there will feel lucky to be in the building.

Well, getting to see the show would already be like winning the lottery (for the 99.99% of the die-hards living outside the States, at least). Does one really need post a few selfies from best seat in the house to be satisfied these days?

• Like 2

The seats can be anywhere - side boxes which are close and have a center stage view, great house seats set aside for celebrities or family, orchestra aisle seats set aside to comply with law, or back of the house. Even 'partial view' should be great since he performs center stage front. And only $75, with no fees. 

• Like 2

I was lucky to win the lottery last time and the $75 seat was far better than the one I paid $400 for. Any seat in the house better than watching the SLV no disrespect Andrew 

• Like 2

Stolen from BTX, apparently from someone at the first show.....

Three new songs in: “Fire” with Patti. “American Skin” and show closes with “I’ll See You In My Dreams.”

No longer in set list: “Brilliant Disguise,” “Ghost of Tom Joad” and “Born to Run.”

Lots of talk about his mother. How she can’t walk or talk anymore but still reacts to his music. Bruce cried twice. Show was about 2:20.
The stories were tweaked but not overhauled.

"Fire" with Bruce and Patti was "Smokin! The highlight of the show" for one person there.

Bruce talked about what has happened the past year, how he had his radio show.

Another quote: "The show was different enough throughout, that even if you saw it before, you were still totally engaged."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Shit 

Poor Bruce and his sisters

Doesn't matter how old you are or how rich you are or what kind of life you have had its a bloody horrible way to end your days

Mrs Springsteen doesn't deserve to die this way 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, gsquare said:

Stolen from BTX, apparently from someone at the first show.....

Three new songs in: “Fire” with Patti. “American Skin” and show closes with “I’ll See You In My Dreams.”

No longer in set list: “Brilliant Disguise,” “Ghost of Tom Joad” and “Born to Run.”

Lots of talk about his mother. How she can’t walk or talk anymore but still reacts to his music. Bruce cried twice. Show was about 2:20.
The stories were tweaked but not overhauled.

"Fire" with Bruce and Patti was "Smokin! The highlight of the show" for one person there.

Bruce talked about what has happened the past year, how he had his radio show.

Another quote: "The show was different enough throughout, that even if you saw it before, you were still totally engaged."

I thought it didn't open until tonight.

14 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I thought it didn't open until tonight.

I think there was a full rehearsal show a couple of days ago and some media were there...

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Btw if Bruce inc or Mr Nugs are around, I'd be keen to buy a down load of SOB 2

Yep, seconded. I’d be curious to see what the contracts with Sony and Netflix say about that. 

Intrigued to see how Fire fits the narrative. Glad that AS (41) and Dreams are both included, they’re nice swaps.

I’m also glad that Bruce hasn’t decided to include his initial intended Broadway opener this time around… 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

56 minutes ago, Nick21 said:

Yep, seconded. I’d be curious to see what the contracts with Sony and Netflix say about that. 

Intrigued to see how Fire fits the narrative. Glad that AS (41) and Dreams are both included, they’re nice swaps.

I’m also glad that Bruce hasn’t decided to include his initial intended Broadway opener this time around… 

Bruce loves covers. He should open the first show with this 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nick21 said:

What was the original opener going to be?

With this returning tonight, I thought I'd do something different and share a review link.

So here's a write-up of the 2018 Netflix special. Fingers crossed there'll be a 2021 one to write about eventually too. Maybe Amazon Prime's Springsteen on Broadway?

https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2018/12/16/review-netflixs-springsteen-on-broadway/

• Thanks 1

On 6/14/2021 at 8:40 AM, balboa08 said:

Given that this is the first show after the pandemic and that so many people have lost their loved ones, jobs and generally been through such a torrid time, the least he could have done is priced the tickets more sensibly. Or am I living in a different planet to expect this.. Understand that the artist is completely at his liberty to price it whatever he wants especially given the limited seats and high demand but you expect little better from Bruce. He has been honest about money but also pontificates, if that is the right word, a lot.. about his relation with fans and everything else. Given this is a short run, it may not make much of a difference to his wealth but for others it may not be a small amount. 

The prices have to be the same or similar as SOB 1, otherwise its seen as ripping off the people who bought them.

4 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

With this returning tonight, I thought I'd do something different and share a review link.

So here's a write-up of the 2018 Netflix special. Fingers crossed there'll be a 2021 one to write about eventually too. Maybe Amazon Prime's Springsteen on Broadway?

https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2018/12/16/review-netflixs-springsteen-on-broadway/

You have inspired  me to watch it again  Kieran thank you

But i wish you lived closer so we couid watch it together 

Of course i would have to go out and find yiu some Italian beer because our antipodeian beer to put it mildly  is much too weak according to Gary's Irish uncles 

On 6/25/2021 at 2:00 PM, burghfan said:

Looks like tonight fans with "lousy seats" got upgraded to the first row.  It appears that the first row might not have been sold for the entire run. 

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 2