Greasy Lake Community

Springsteen on Broadway Returns

2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Can one look at twitter without joining?

I think so, but I recommend joining.  I joined ages ago but rarely went there.  I still very rarely post anything, but I now "follow" a few people who post really interesting things, and I get to see who they follow too.  As a result I see all sorts of delightful things like wonderful wildlife photography and great art.  I stay away from politics and that sort of thing.

• Thanks 1

"At this point, already teary-eyed, Springsteen's voice broke. As he named his ghosts — his father, Clarence, Danny, Walter, Bart, family members dead and gone, Bruce openly wept, sniffing and wiping his eyes. He concluded the piece with a simple but husky "I miss them," and we held our collective breaths (those of us who weren't audibly sobbing), willing Bruce the strength to get the words out."

• Love Love Love! 3

7 hours ago, Flagofpiracy said:

The paragraph about his mom :(
https://backstreets.com/news.html

Its impossible to read about his mom with a dry eye

Its good she can still - if even in a very limited fashion - still communicate with him

I hope she can do that with his sisters also

How fitting to end the show with I'll see you in my dreams 

And he's a good sport regarding his redicoulss arrest 

Those protesters are bloody stupid though 

• Like 3

On 6/27/2021 at 4:16 AM, JoanFontaine said:

Looks like tonight fans with "lousy seats" got upgraded to the first row.  It appears that the first row might not have been sold for the entire run. 

Seats on the front row are kept free incase Rachel turns up.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/27/2021 at 6:20 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

I forgot all about the DUI BS 

I hope Steve didn't have to pay for his seat

He probably did since the first show proceeds were going to charities 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Promise61 said:

"At this point, already teary-eyed, Springsteen's voice broke. As he named his ghosts — his father, Clarence, Danny, Walter, Bart, family members dead and gone, Bruce openly wept, sniffing and wiping his eyes. He concluded the piece with a simple but husky "I miss them," and we held our collective breaths (those of us who weren't audibly sobbing), willing Bruce the strength to get the words out."

FFS.  People need cheering up! 
Each to his own, but this wouldn't be my choice of entertainment after such a long dull miserable stretch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/25/2021 at 9:12 AM, Victoria said:

I have two tickets for SOB that I can’t use for 9/3 show. Row D, Right Orchestra , Aisle seats. Suggestions for where to sell them (other than EBay) where the fee isn’t huge? Thanks in advance.

Hmm, I don’t see that you posted in the ticket seller forum...

8 hours ago, Promise61 said:

"At this point, already teary-eyed, Springsteen's voice broke. As he named his ghosts — his father, Clarence, Danny, Walter, Bart, family members dead and gone, Bruce openly wept, sniffing and wiping his eyes. He concluded the pice with a simple but husky "I miss them," and we held our collective breaths (those of us who weren't audibly sobbing), willing Bruce the strength to get the words out."

I'd have been trying - and failing - to quietly open a werther's original at this point. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rizla said:

Each to his own, but this wouldn't be my choice of entertainment after such a long dull miserable stretch.

Think most of us have been through similar or worse don't need to hear it from Bruce

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rizla said:

I’m an emo kid at heart. After Bruce I go down to Philly for the Sad Summer Festival. Good to see Bruce in touch with his emotions. That’s been several decades in the coming. Sounds like I’m going to be right at home at Springsteen on Broadway, mark 2. Excited!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rizla said:

Good point, well made.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Growin' Up said:

I'd have been trying - and failing - to quietly open a werther's original at this point. 

Harsh, but funny.

You can now view the barcodes of your tickets on the Seat Geek website. No more Covid 19 survey on there either, just have to bring proof of vaccination on your phone or a physical copy

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

On 6/27/2021 at 4:03 PM, BruceHistory said:

It’s definitely NOT a D/D show, let’s get that straight. The 2005 shows were "Concerts” - this a production. Regardless - the dude belongs running around the stage with an electric guitar!

Brad

I was referring to stage material and instruments. 
As I said before in this thread, SOB is indeed a play (or a production if you prefer), but the “production costs” (if any) are no different from, say, a D&D or a world acoustic tour show.

12 hours ago, gus said:

Does anybody know if he stopped to sign or take pictures?

He shook hands with folks on front row (all fully vaxed and I'm sure the hand gel was waiting in the wings!) - but outside no photos / autographs as those folks could be anyone!? He stood and posed for people to get their photos both sides behind the barriers and he jumped up / stood up on the van for those across the street - but no "meets" so to speak, which is fair enough / sensible at this juncture!, (if nothing else to set an example). 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I’ve always known that sign request madness would have got out of control one day or another… ;)

• Like 2

On 6/25/2021 at 11:11 AM, JoanFontaine said:

You can try to sell them here in the ticket seller forum for the face value plus the fees. 

Joan, Where is the ticket sellers board on here? I have some that I'd like to post.  Thanks!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Outlaw Pete NJ said:

Joan, Where is the ticket sellers board on here? I have some that I'd like to post.  Thanks!

https://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/forum/11-ticket-sharing/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1