Greasy Lake Community

Springsteen on Broadway Returns

4 hours ago, Doah said:

I will be seeing it for the first time this Saturday night, July 3rd. I am very excited.

We are waiting with baited breath for a very detailed essay of your show !

Have a wonderful time 

Did you see it last time ? Or is SOB a first for you ?

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 9:16 PM, HeroOfVirtue said:

I've heard a lot about NYC's rat problem but these particular plague bearers are just toooooo much.

Not sure comparing human beings to vermin is quite in the spirit of Bruce's music, is it? At least, I didn't think it was - maybe things have changed.

3 hours ago, Tom74 said:

Not sure comparing human beings to vermin is quite in the spirit of Bruce's music, is it? At least, I didn't think it was - maybe things have changed.

Oh I'm not comparing them to vermin. Vermin don't have a choice in the plague bearing department, whereas humans have at least a modicum of free will. :D

• Like 4

10 hours ago, HeroOfVirtue said:

Oh I'm not comparing them to vermin. Vermin don't have a choice in the plague bearing department, whereas humans have at least a modicum of free will. :D

Bruce said the vaccination issue is complicated and he feels for the protesters.  

1 hour ago, JoanFontaine said:

Bruce said the vaccination issue is complicated and he feels for the protesters.  

It would be nice if he clarified 'complicated' but I doubt that he will. Looks like he's sitting on the fence on that one. Watch out for those splinters, Bruce.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

It would be nice if he clarified 'complicated' but I doubt that he will. Looks like he's sitting on the fence on that one. Watch out for those splinters, Bruce.

That's exactly what I thought. :D

29 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

I don’t know for sure, but I think he meant it’s complicated “in some sense.” I’m sure it’s the bankers’ faults.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Do you really want a public health policy discussion from Bruce? He's qualified to do many things, but this doesn't seem to be one of them. He said his obligation is to keep his audience safe, and I think that explains the requirement for this theater. 

• Like 1

Yep fully vaxxed... He said it on his town hall podcast interview that recently ran on Classic Vinyl on Sirius XM and that he was very eager to get to see the show

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JoanFontaine said:

Do you really want a public health policy discussion from Bruce? He's qualified to do many things, but this doesn't seem to be one of them. He said his obligation is to keep his audience safe, and I think that explains the requirement for this theater. 

He got vaccinated, he wants to keep people safe so therefore thinks it's best to get vaccinated. (Always keeping in mind those who can't due to medical issues).

So why not say so?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jertucky said:

I don’t know for sure, but I think he meant it’s complicated “in some sense fashion.” I’m sure it’s the bankers’ faults.

FIFY

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoanFontaine said:

I take your point, but given the enormity of Covid I thought he may have devoted some time to it.

3 hours ago, JustDan said:

Well, I guess Bob Seger's vaxxed...

209267907_10226945239477209_202901955514

Bruce should have done an audible of Famous Final Scene to honor Bob. Even though it's a scripted show, it would kind of fit in. 

22 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

I take your point, but given the enormity of Covid I thought he may have devoted some time to it.

In the show? He does. 

9 hours ago, JoanFontaine said:

He is a nicer person than me 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoanFontaine said:

I think ending it with I'll See You In My Dreams is perfect after the past year and a half and almost 4 million deaths worldwide.  Everyone has been through a lot as Landau states.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JoanFontaine said:

Well he has been generously  nice towards his right wing fans and the white right working class so why shouldn't he feel empathy towards the anti-vaxers 

11 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Well he has been generously  nice towards his right wing fans and the white right working class so why shouldn't he feel empathy towards the anti-vaxers 

A smart artist doesn't want to alienate any fans ;) 

• Bruuuuce! 1

15 hours ago, Flagofpiracy said:

A smart artist doesn't want to alienate any fans ;) 

Than Bruce isn't very smart, as he's campaigned for every Democrat President since John Kerry. I'm not one to hold that against him as I love his music. But I could see others may! 

Well shoot I wrote all that out and didn't pay attention to the wink of your eye! 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 1