Greasy Lake Community

Springsteen on Broadway Returns

• CmonMrTrouble changed the title to Springsteen on Broadway Returns

And a quick look at the numbers, Asumming 70 shows times 1710 theatre capacity and lets say on average $450 per ticket.

Thats   $53 865 000 for 2 months work  gross

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Frank said:

Well, he probably just wants to play live before 2022 (or 2023). The Broadway format allows him to do it without planning a 300’000’000 dollar tour.
It makes a lot of sense to me.

Then go play "The Palace” on the beach …. Me not happy :( 

But yea, your right - it kinda makes sense. 

C’mon people! It’s Bruce Springsteen, performing live!

Some of you are acting like he’s pissed in your Cheerios. I probably won’t be going this time, though I’d like to, but I’m ecstatic to know he is performing live again “in some fashion”. 

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Just now, cobalt said:

C’mon people! It’s Bruce Springsteen, performing live!

Some of you are acting like he’s pissed in your Cheerios. I probably won’t be going this time, though I’d like to, but I’m ecstatic to know he is performing live again “in some fashion”. 

Dude …. We wouldn’t be Springsteen fans without whining about something … that would take all the anger out of it! 

But you know what … all we’ve had are "Highs and Lows” since after the original 'River’ tour back in 1981 so why should we even be surprised with this turn of events? However, it’s enough - it’s time to call the boys and play the new album!!

• Like 1

Is Springsteen on Broadway part 2 the big surprise?

'Bruce Springsteen will return to Broadway this summer for a limited run of Springsteen on Broadway performances at Jujamcyn's St. James Theatre. Shows begin Saturday June 26, with additional performances taking place through September 4.

Tickets for Springsteen on Broadway will go on sale Thursday, June 10 at 12pm ET through the show's official ticketing provider SeatGeek. See a full list of performances and information on purchasing tickets  HERE.

“I loved doing Springsteen on Broadway and I’m thrilled to have been asked to reprise the show as part of the reopening of Broadway,” said Bruce.'

• Like 1

• Trang changed the title to SOB Summer 2021 - Duplicate of someone else's prior post

Glad to see Bruce playing live again. As for as SOB goes, I will not be going if it's the same as what I painfully watched on Netflix. If something different happens with this group of shows maybe give it a shot. 

Hey the ESB was never going to tour until next year anyway! 

• Like 1

SOB when first scheduled was only a couple of months, then more shows were added, then some more.  I don't see this run of SOB shows being only 10 weeks.  I can see this lasting until Christmas, or maybe until spring.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

It is possible, I suppose, that it could be a show of new material.

I saw i twice the last time on broadway and it was worth every single penny i spent on it!!!!!!!

I am hoping and praying he does new material off the last two albums, and hopefully a preview of new album, but even a  replay of the last time he did this would be great.  both shows were slightly different as well as the netflix show.  

If you don't try to see this show, you are crazy.   You will never have a chance(unless you get into the pit at an arena) to be this close to him!!!! 

image.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Glad to see Bruce playing live again. As for as SOB goes, I will not be going if it's the same as what I painfully watched on Netflix. If something different happens with this group of shows maybe give it a shot. 

Hey the ESB was never going to tour until next year anyway! 

Having gone to bruce shows since 1975 in Kutztown Pa, I was very moved by SOB.  It gave a behind the scenes look at his inspiration for his songs/his attire, his whole outlook on life.  No politics involved.   If you were expecting a stadium show then you were disappointed I guess, but this was pure bruce in a local bar on a saturday nite.....  I can't wait for a full tour, but this is a good bone to chew on while waiting for it!!!!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, burghfan said:

SOB when first scheduled was only a couple of months, then more shows were added, then some more.  I don't see this run of SOB shows being only 10 weeks.  I can see this lasting until Christmas, or maybe until spring.

Remains to be seen how long he goes, but my understanding is Disney has another show planned for the theater. 

17 minutes ago, SamEJay said:

Having gone to bruce shows since 1975 in Kutztown Pa, I was very moved by SOB.  It gave a behind the scenes look at his inspiration for his songs/his attire, his whole outlook on life.  No politics involved.   If you were expecting a stadium show then you were disappointed I guess, but this was pure bruce in a local bar on a saturday nite.....  I can't wait for a full tour, but this is a good bone to chew on while waiting for it!!!!

You could have read any one of 5 different books and get the same info that Bruce gave out during these shows. 

And a couple times though the show on Netflix, I felt sorry for Bruce. 

1 minute ago, SamEJay said:

cleared of all charges!!  Over zealous cop looking for an autograph. 

We know.  There may even have ben a thread.  It's a joke.  Some may laugh, others may not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JudgeBrown said:

We know.  There may even have ben a thread.  It's a joke.  Some may laugh, others may not.

It's a damn shame you have to write this JB! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SamEJay said:

image.png

I doubt there will be new music. The message above suggests it the same show presented under the title “Springsteen on Broadway”. 
But of course, we all remember what happened with the European leg of the 2016 River tour... so everything can happen.

• Like 1

Not sure why anyone would want to attend, given the fact the show has been on Netflix for ages. It’s not like it’s a standard gig. If people enjoy it, then fair play to them. I’d have no interest in attending even if the show were playing at a theatre around the corner.

• Like 3