Greasy Lake Community

Springsteen on Broadway Returns

On 7/2/2021 at 10:55 AM, Born To Walk said:

They won't release another CD, but releasing v2 as a download would make sense. Whether they will do or not is another matter.

Bruce Inc & making sense rarely appear in the same sentence.

• Like 2

Hey folks in case anyone is interested I've posted a list of all available and many discounted tickets for this weeks shows... Here's the link... I'll update as things sell or new changes or additions come in.. But check it out and share around. We don't want to see these tickets get wasted please text my cellphone with interest or questions 732-439-0472 or PM me here.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Coincidence?

41 Shots back in this set puts Amadou Diallo up front and center. 

When Bruce's run is over, David Byrne's American Utopia takes over at St James Theater. They always play (almost at the very end of the show) a Janelle Monae song called Hell You Talmbout, which name checks a load of black people who have been killed as a result of police brutality, lynching etc. Among those named is......Amadou Diallo.

45 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Coincidence?

When Bruce's run is over, David Byrne's American Utopia takes over at St James Theater. They always play (almost at the very end of the show) a Janelle Monae song called Hell You Talmbout, which name checks a load of black people who have been killed as a result of police brutality, lynching etc. Among those named is......Amadou Diallo.

I always thought his name was Charles! 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I always thought his name was Charles! 

Haha. The way Bruce pronounces 'Charles' has always bugged me, turning two syllables into one, Char- rulls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

Coincidence?

That would be the last thing I need when going to a show is to be reminded about all the unnecessary killing we go though everyday. 

3 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Saw the show on cable and loved it.  Here's a version of Talmbout for anyone interested....

David Byrne Minneapolis 5/18/18 Orpheum “Hell You Talmbout”

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 4:34 PM, Outlaw Pete NJ said:

Hey folks in case anyone is interested I've posted a list of all available and many discounted tickets for this weeks shows... Here's the link... I'll update as things sell or new changes or additions come in.. But check it out and share around. We don't want to see these tickets get wasted please text my cellphone with interest or questions 732-439-0472 or PM me here.

UPDATED as of Friday July 9 6:35 AM EST see below and text 732-439-0472 for info

[quote="Outlaw Pete NJ" post_id=6691787 time=1625687667 user_id=67449]
OK So maybe not all of you know me. but many here do.... I have for years been a guy that people ask for help selling tickets and people asking for tickets to the toughest shows. So right now I have access to the following tickets for this weeks run. I'll update it  as tickets sell/more come available my way.  I will create a thread for  for each weeks shows. If you're interested in any or know of others interested you can Text me at 732-439-0472 or private message me here on btx or on Facebook under my real name Pete Maimone-Howell NJ who sells real estate. I'll hook you up immediately with the person selling them. No charge for any of this to anybody. I do it for the love of Bruce and our "mostly" LOL wonderful community  And because I love to share the good times and help others if and when I can  

All of these tickets are face value. Please no asking sellers to lake less unless they offer for less. and if you haven't seen Bruce on Broadway in the theater you get first priority. We do this because having experienced it ourselves first hand we believe every Bruce fan should have the opportunity to experience it if only even just once. Don't lie about this if you have already seen the show. We will sell them to repeat goers if there's no other (BOB Virgins) takers asking as well. If you lie and we find out (which we usually do)  we'll make sure everyone knows  If you're only interested in a single. hit me up and we'll find out OK? 

Here's this weeks List of available tickets (a seating chart color coded by TRUE Base face value price before fees as best we know is attached) SOME REALLY GREAT DEALS IF YOU ACT FAST: 

Tuesday July 6- All sold

SOLD!! Wednesday July 7th  ALL SOLD!!!

Thursday July 8 ALL SOLD

TODAY Friday July 9th  Mezzanine Left Row L seat 19 Single ($425 Face Value) MAKE AN OFFER SHE WANTS A BODY IN THIS SEAT

TODAY Friday July 9th DISCOUNTED Center Mezzanine Row E, seat numbers 105&106. Will sell for $500 each ($700 FACE VALUE SEAT) 

Saturday July 10 Orchestra right row f seat 14   ($600 FACE VALUE ticket) DISCOUNTED TO $450 (negotiable)

Saturday July 10 Orchestra Right Row G seats 6&8  Selling for $700 each  ($850 + fees FACE VALUE SEAT) Very nice seat
[/quote]

OK, for all outside a drive/train ride to NYC. 

Cheapest seat: $425.00 x 2 = $850.00

Air Fair (From STL as example) $464.00 x 2 = $928.00

Local Hotel Westin Time Square $181.00 x 2 nights = $362.00

Food and Drink, I'll leave out because you have to eat and drink. 

Total for a SOB show for a couple $2,140.00 

Sorry but this cheap screw will not be interested! 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

@janeymarywendy, that was weird, you actually reacted to my post before I actually posted it! 

5 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

@Jimmy James, I must have a magic phone :)

I think the clue is in the new avatar ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Well that's your problem right there, who in their right mind lives outside of a drive/train to NYC? I'm not convinced there really are states outside of the northeast. Pretty sure it's just us and then the great abyss.

Sorry Euros and others. I'm still not sure you guys really exist. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I think your total is low.

You don't have any cost for transportation from the airport to your hotel and back.

Food and drinks in NYC will cost more than if you went out in St Louis or stayed home.

12 hours ago, HeroOfVirtue said:

Well that's your problem right there, who in their right mind lives outside of a drive/train to NYC? I'm not convinced there really are states outside of the northeast. Pretty sure it's just us and then the great abyss.

Sorry Euros and others. I'm still not sure you guys really exist. 

NZ is often left of world maps 

istock-545645280.jpg

13 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I always use bruce concerts as part of a holiday , so dont factor in that kind of expense, but been to New York several times and dont feel a need to go back. for me i paid the seat price once for SOB in a six day trip  and wouldnt want to do it again, 

• Like 1

Say i won lotto* and managed to score a seat on Broadway- this is the only flight i can see** (Air NZ partner with United)  i can't see any flights back again 

Plus then getting managed isolation spots would be near impossible

* if i won lotto id not be flying cattle class but also I'd go somewhere i can get a covid vacine first 

I beleave you can pay someone 'offshore' to sit in the managed isolation que to get a spot for a couple of hundie - then the couple of thousand for the privilege of being locked in an hotel room for two weeks and have someone shove a very long cotton bud up your nose 

**covid is a real fucking bastard on every level. Air NZ were surposed to be introducing direct flights between Auckland and NYC from last spring 

Screenshot_20210711-092843.png

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, HeroOfVirtue said:

Waiting on a train right now! Broadway bound!

Hey Hero need a report about a couple things!

1. What is said before 41 Shots? 

2. Is he still doing that funny math thing?