Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Springsteen on Broadway Returns


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, HeroOfVirtue said:

Waiting on a train right now! Broadway bound!

Have a great time Hero

Looking forward to hearing about every last detail :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, HeroOfVirtue said:

This city is wacky, the people are wacky, and I feel wacky just breathing the air. 

Thats the 2nd* best city in the world you're  breathing in tight now 

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/news/new-york-city-declared-second-best-city-in-the-world-103020

One day i hope to go there 

 

*obviously Dunedin Otago NZ is the best city in the world 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Thats the 2nd* best city in the world you're  breathing in tight now 

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/news/new-york-city-declared-second-best-city-in-the-world-103020

One day i hope to go there 

 

*obviously Dunedin Otago NZ is the best city in the world 

 

You get to NYC and get your fill, then I'll take you to Boston and show you around the REAL greatest American city!

2 hours ago, AMIW said:

Hero is in his seat

 

8002734C-500E-418A-826E-D3A69023B1EC.jpeg

Fun fact: those seats are way bigger than the actual seats, and that child looks smaller than I was when I was 3. :lol: It's weird now when Bruce talks about his fans and their children. I used to be the kid, now I'm the dad. My little Mary started dancing (which at thus stage is just rocking her bum back and forth) when For You came on the other day, so things are looking good for the future of our fan community. 

My review of the show: holy crap. More to come after I process a bit. 

  • Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, HeroOfVirtue said:

You get to NYC and get your fill, then I'll take you to Boston and show you around the REAL greatest American city!

Fun fact: those seats are way bigger than the actual seats, and that child looks smaller than I was when I was 3. :lol: It's weird now when Bruce talks about his fans and their children. I used to be the kid, now I'm the dad. My little Mary started dancing (which at thus stage is just rocking her bum back and forth) when For You came on the other day, so things are looking good for the future of our fan community. 

My review of the show: holy crap. More to come after I process a bit. 

Not sure if you got to see SOB the first time around but a reaction like this is good enough reason for the 2nd Broadway run :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't posted or read a Springsteen forum for 14 years, but of course still a fan. Thrilled to get tix for SOB. I keep checking my seat numbers and the seating chart for the St. James but I still don't believe it... Row BB seats in the middle of the row. Can these really be second row center? And they didn't sell row AA? So I somehow waited two hours online and got pretty much the best tickets available? Can this be true?

I had better seats for one show in 1978, front row center at a small theater in San Jose but only because Ticketmaster opened one hour AFTER the Bullocks department store ticket window.  I was the only one there! Have slept in line several times, and even bought the worst possible seats I could for a show when the Men in Black were operating -- got second row right in front of Clarence that time. The faithful will be rewarded... Pinch me!

  • Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CherylGrrl said:

I haven't posted or read a Springsteen forum for 14 years, but of course still a fan. Thrilled to get tix for SOB. I keep checking my seat numbers and the seating chart for the St. James but I still don't believe it... Row BB seats in the middle of the row. Can these really be second row center? And they didn't sell row AA? So I somehow waited two hours online and got pretty much the best tickets available? Can this be true?

I had better seats for one show in 1978, front row center at a small theater in San Jose but only because Ticketmaster opened one hour AFTER the Bullocks department store ticket window.  I was the only one there! Have slept in line several times, and even bought the worst possible seats I could for a show when the Men in Black were operating -- got second row right in front of Clarence that time. The faithful will be rewarded... Pinch me!

Love this!  When’s your show? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MadamMarie said:

Love this!  When’s your show? 

Wednesday August 18. Picked middle of the week, middle of the run thinking maybe fewer people would be looking for those tix. Now I'm trying to figure out if I can take in a small mirrorless camera for those "after the house lights come up" potential photography moments. The FAQs say you can take phone photos then, but I'm hoping I can bring in a better camera in case... My previous best shots weren't that great (technically)... 

SPRING~1.GIF

  • Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Bruuuuce! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's such a beautiful photo, @CherylGrrl. Years ago, that was the quality of photo you got and I treasure the ones I have bought from various photographers.

I hope you have a wonderful time at the show.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/13/2021 at 2:02 PM, HeroOfVirtue said:

Waiting on a train right now! Broadway bound!

ok, my daughter is going to show tonight, did he stop for photos/autographs after the show?  I know he did last run, but when we were there, we were five people or so back from rope and some lady started pushing etc and security hustled him into the suv so she ruined it for everyone.  Both times i saw him last run he stopped on way in and way out.  Never got an autograph but at  least I got to see a great show.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, CherylGrrl said:

Wednesday August 18. Picked middle of the week, middle of the run thinking maybe fewer people would be looking for those tix. Now I'm trying to figure out if I can take in a small mirrorless camera for those "after the house lights come up" potential photography moments. The FAQs say you can take phone photos then, but I'm hoping I can bring in a better camera in case... My previous best shots weren't that great (technically)... 

SPRING~1.GIF

great pic!!!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@HeroOfVirtue  I agree, the first run shows I saw were spectacular.  My daughter is heading out for tonights show and then maybe in august I may see it again.  Unless I, cough, cough, gag, get sick and can't go to work today and take her brothers place tonight. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, CherylGrrl said:

Wednesday August 18. Picked middle of the week, middle of the run thinking maybe fewer people would be looking for those tix. Now I'm trying to figure out if I can take in a small mirrorless camera for those "after the house lights come up" potential photography moments. The FAQs say you can take phone photos then, but I'm hoping I can bring in a better camera in case... My previous best shots weren't that great (technically)... 

SPRING~1.GIF

We can take real cameras into the show! I got this nice response from the theater in response to my question about bringing in a small camera:

-----------

Kari Hamwey (Jujamcyn Theaters)

Jul 16, 2021, 14:29 EDT

Hi Cheryl,
 
Thank you for reaching out. You are more than welcome to bring your camera into the theater so long as you follow the photography guidelines in the FAQ.
 
Enjoy the show!

Warmly,
Kari Hamwey
Customer Service

-----------

I saw something online about Bruce coming back out to shake people's hands from the upgraded AA row -- hoping that is happening! Otherwise, 1700 people will be milling around outside the theater afterwards??? 

Here's another shot from that 1978 show -- sorry it's sideways! It was sure magical to sit there knowing at many points during the show I could have just reached out and touched him. Of course I didn't, I'm too respectful to do something like that. (But I was thrilled when a few drops of sweat were flung my way...)IMG_4136.thumb.jpg.a903ffe1b4e5a8665d8d74a4670b504a.jpg

  • Like 6
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, burghfan said:

I know none of the recent pics in the thread belong to @Daisey Jeep because none of them are upside down.

I must say i was impressed with the sideways ones ! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well this interpretation was as good/better than the last run.  Bruce has proven that he is a storyteller of the highest caliber.    The changes to this show are spectacular.  Born in the Usa is madder/rawer/spectacular.  Twenty one shots is a great song to reflect on these troubled times and I for one feel that it was worth every penny.  Ill see you in my dreams is perfect way to end the show.  

  I had to bump my son from going, and had to have stomach flu for work, and didn't get home until 2am, but it was spectacular!!!!!!!

nothing compares to a Bruce show!  I hope he releases this show as I think it is worth having.

Who knows when we will see him on stage again, so I took the time to enjoy it now.

If you can get to the show, GOOOOO, it is worth it.

 

  • Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, SamEJay said:

  I had to bump my son from going, and had to have stomach flu for work,

 

Did your son go first time round?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Various sites reported that Springsteen played on july 11 as encore This Hard Land at his Broadway show. But i can’t find any recording about this. 
Does anyone of there is a recording of it? Even on YouTube i can’t find anything 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Marnix said:

 Various sites reported that Springsteen played on july 11 as encore This Hard Land at his Broadway show. But i can’t find any recording about this. 
Does anyone of there is a recording of it? Even on YouTube i can’t find anything 

How long ago are you talking about? From the dates I see he didn't play a show on July 11 of 2021, being a Sunday. 

This one below is from 2018, not sure the date. Setlist.fm shows that it was played 13 times during the original run of shows. They don't show it being played in 2021.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...