Greasy Lake Community

Springsteen on Broadway Returns

2 minutes ago, burghfan said:

Working remotely

austin-powers-dr-evil-satans-balls.jpg?q

How much dog walking does that include?

Not much this week. My beasts are not fond of this heat. 

Ive only read one page

But wow !

A great opportunity for American fans who missed out last time

Its not going to work for most of us who don't live in America (Aussies and kiwis are kind of stuck in our bubble) but this is great for Bruce 

He misses performing and this is a great way to get back into it

SOB was completly inaccessible to be last time as we couldn't even have SLV but i can see the big picture to this run

How easierly can Canadians holiday in the US right now ?

2 hours ago, JoanFontaine said:

It appears that they're selling tickets during the Olympics although a decision on fans won't be made until June 24.  Those traveling far for this might want to avoid those weeks. 

That's sad from a mum and dad perspective 

Still the Japanese need to protect their own people from covid and if that means empty stadiums then it is what it is

6 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Daisey I’m pretty sure the Canadian border is closed unless you are a celeb

Oh :(

I was hoping my buddy  @gus could go again 

1 minute ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Good way to get rid of the cobwebs before the 2022 E Street Band Tour. Bruce Springsteen once again performing live on stage in front of audiences can never be a bad thing. 

Born to run being sung to people every night is a wonderful thing 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

That's sad from a mum and dad perspective 

Still the Japanese need to protect their own people from covid and if that means empty stadiums then it is what it is

Revised dates now up. He's taking the month off. 

• Like 1

Why is this a downer. Do you think he is doing this in lieu of something else. he wasn't going to do anything with the band over these next couple of months, so he is doing this. One key sentence in the releases indicates he was approached to do this as a move to reinvigorate Broadway which was dormant for months and months. To that I say fantastic since it not only is a City institution its a worldwide institution of the arts for all those that visit the city. Which they hope is many this summer. 

I say good deal. Hope it sells out. Makes some revenue for the area, theatre, gets theatre workers back to work etc.

Then hopefully lets move onto a tour

• Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1

28 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Oh :(

I was hoping my buddy  @gus could go again 

The border is supposed to remain closed until at least June 21st but I know quite a few people who have travelled south to the US in the last few months.  Pressure is beginning to mount to open the border as vaccinations administered increase in both countries. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, larf said:

The border is supposed to remain closed until at least June 21st but I know quite a few people who have travelled south to the US in the last few months.  Pressure is beginning to mount to open the border as vaccinations administered increase in both countries. 

Its scary when one's country has been isolated for so long to suddenly have visitors again

We had a rescent arrival from Aussie in at work the other day (i thought please don't be from Melbourne)

Mind you America has now vaccinated a lot of people

• Like 1

Nobody can knock the bloke for doing this and very petty of you if you do i think , every band and performer of the arts is no doubt going stir crazy by not getting a fix.  

This is what he does he cant do fuck all else ! his useless at writing a book his interviews are dull and bland he cant act and no doubt falls of his horse a lot . His bored out of his mind and thank god he hasn't taken up painting or promoting his photographs in his time off but if he did I'm sure his paintings would be similar to a 5 year old and his photos would be just of guitars leaning up against a wall. 

Welcome back Boss.      

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, JoanFontaine said:

Revised dates now up. He's taking the month off. 

I hope they can safely see their daughter at the Olympics 

What a pity he won't be able to give Japan an ESB stadium show in the process

• Like 1

Even though its SOB

This is an excitting day

The Boss is back !

NYC is opening !!!

We are on our way back ! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AMIW said:

For those of you making the journey there are quite a few other plays, musicals opening if you want to see something else whilst you are on your $2500 trip to see bruce

https://ew.com/theater/all-broadway-shows-reopening-fall/

I saw 3 altogether when I snuck in as a non verified fan

The $2500 must be the economy package.  Clearly if you sprang for a good seat, good hotel, a couple decent meals, and some SOB swag you are well over $2500.

Happy for the people who feel excited about this. It does absolutely nothing for me. He's at the tail-end of his career & there's not much left for me. I guess I'm no longer a die-hard. Truth be told, I haven't been since the 2000s after the Rising came out. I expect to be trampled under foot for my comment. It is what it is.

• Like 1