Greasy Lake Community

Springsteen on Broadway Returns

How sad everything is and Now This 

I was asked to do it?? So he's doing someone a favor? 

I think you'll get a ticket outside for $20 dollars so many people will be stuck with tickets. 

With the winter around the corner and the government bragging 60% vaccinated with at least ???  THE FIRST injection, all variants present in the USA right now. Are you Fn serious?

Mansions of Glory? in  Suicide 

1 hour ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

Bruce has earned the right to do whatever the hell he wants to, including never performing for anyone again.  I am glad he is choosing to continue to make new music (not always the kind I like either) and has the desire to play again and hopefully his plans of another tour for next year will come true.   Enjoy every sandwich people

I have no chance of seeing it but I am with you. The man is in his 70s FFS. If you had told me in the 1980s that this arse would still be throwing itself around a stage in 2021 I would have told you your bandana was too tight. I say let the man do what he wants.
image.png.7e8bb5a9bd6cd5664f75e493297ac8f4.png

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

7 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Ive only read one page

But wow !

A great opportunity for American fans who missed out last time

Its not going to work for most of us who don't live in America (Aussies and kiwis are kind of stuck in our bubble) but this is great for Bruce

7 hours ago, AMIW said:

Daisey I’m pretty sure the Canadian border is closed unless you are a celeb

Yes. The wife of a Scouting friend died and her kids couldn't even say good bye. All while the hockey teams gotten to travel back and forth. Open the damn borders! https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestar.com/amp/news/canada/2020/08/15/dont-let-this-happen-to-anyone-else-families-seek-change-to-us-canada-border-rules.html

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

Knowing Bruce .... He probably thinks this is good for the country ...... Getting people to come out of their cocoon and buy some Broadway tickets ....Of course i have two weeks off this summer ....two weeks that looks like they perfectly coincide with what looks like Bruces month on vacation in Europe ....

Knowing Bruce, probably thinks this is easy money and he gets to sleep at home after every show.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SamEJay said:

I saw i twice the last time on broadway and it was worth every single penny i spent on it!!!!!!!

I am hoping and praying he does new material off the last two albums, and hopefully a preview of new album, but even a  replay of the last time he did this would be great.  both shows were slightly different as well as the netflix show.  

If you don't try to see this show, you are crazy.   You will never have a chance(unless you get into the pit at an arena) to be this close to him!!!! 

image.png

Seriously? This facial expression inspires you? Looks like a grumpy old grandpa. 

• Haha 1

This isn't for me, anymore than it was back in 2017-18 on the first run. The CD of it is one of the least played items in the Springsteen canon for me, less than Human Touch even :(, but I'm sure it's different if you're there on the night.

I seriously doubt this was one of the "big surprises" he had in mind earlier this year. Revisiting a revisitation of your past doesn't seem like a big surprise to me. This was a man who wrote in 1995 of "always moving ahead and never looking back", well he has spent quite some time looking back in the rear view mirror now. But what else could he do this year? Band touring seems to be not before 2022, we suspect he has Tracks 2 or the album-set-in-the-west to come out but so much product is being delayed by record company production issues due to the pandemic that who knows what if anything is scheduled for this autumn? Maybe Patti just wants him out of the house - perhaps she is fed up with him sitting in Stone Hill Studio adding more 2021 vocals to old recordings and talking about "the lost hip-hop relationships album from 1993-4" that he put on the shelf, where it still sits. That shelf must be near to collapse by now with all that it has on it. Plus Patti wants to finish her own album too :D.

I suspect this is just a short-term thing to get him used to performing again after a long lay-off and, as others have said, to support a re-opening Broadway. Then surely it's time to be a prisoner of rock'n'roll again and to rage against the dying of the light as he does on the Letter To You album. If he's still doing Broadway in a year's time though this board will spontaneously combust. And I for one will bring the gasoline.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Glad to see Bruce playing live again. As for as SOB goes, I will not be going if it's the same as what I painfully watched on Netflix. If something different happens with this group of shows maybe give it a shot. 

Hey the ESB was never going to tour until next year anyway! 

It's the new updated version where he talks about how he was  chasing wild 'orses.

Well I chased 'orses through them county roads 

Till a fan waved a sign saying free drink if you stop here

I got pulled over on the highway & watched those 'orses disappear

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

Bruce has earned the right to do whatever the hell he wants to,  

And so let's stop any discussion or allow any posts discussing Bruce's work / career plans / life and restrict the message board to votes about peoples favourite tracks off Born in the USA.

PS.  Seems to me to be a good use of his time.  He can't go out on a wider scale tour; why not play some acoustic shows and earn a few million.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rumble said:

Seriously? This facial expression inspires you? Looks like a grumpy old grandpa. 

He's 71 years old, he's always been capable of being grumpy, and he could easily be a grandpa if his kids were quicker off the mark.   What do you want him to look like?  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, catfish said:

thank god he hasn't taken up painting

Yes, things could always be worse.

Paintings of the American West with cowboys, indians and many, many 'orses.

• Haha 2

.....been thinking about this all day

Although i cant go and ive only watched it on netflex twice im still quite excited  about  this news

how fortunate we all are that somehow Bruce and those of us reading this forum  survived the pandemic when so many people especially on both sides of the pond did not

its great news Bruce is rearing to go and get back to a live audience

i most sincerely hope every American fan who wants to, gets to Broadway for this

How awsome our guy is helping to open up Broadway, paving the way for all those out of work theatre staff to get back to work 

its a bigger theater, hopefully that means it will be more accesable to fans of lesser means than the Hollywood stars who crammed the theatre last time 

i dont begrudge Bruce one single penny from this Broadway run (or any other income source) 

its supply and demand and he's working for his living providing us with entertainment 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Yes, things could always be worse.

Paintings of the American West with cowboys, indians and many, many 'orses.

I'd probably buy it :wacko:

....hmmmm wonder how much it would be ??

I wonder if the next step is to bring SoB to Europe, with week long stop offs in various cities in the autumn, keeping interest heightened in advance of a Summer 22 E Street Band tour. 

• Like 2

Springsteen on Broadway will be the first performance on the great white way. Once again our ambassador of rock ‘n’ roll, soul and general all around humanitarian, makes this American proud. 

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

2 hours ago, MadamMarie said:

Springsteen on Broadway will be the first performance on the great white way

Glad I Googled before saying anything! Never heard of this? Must be a NYC thing! 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Glad I Googled before saying anything! Never heard of this? Must be a NYC thing! 

I don't think we use that term over here but I've certainly known it by that name since ... well, forever. :)

Dazzling lights back in the day, I believe.

• Like 4

15 months of bleak lockdown and Bruce announces new shows starting this month, sure they'll be planning for a wider tour as restrictions lift :) the worlds a better place already and for people who can make it enjoy!

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, Eileen said:

I don't think we use that term over here but I've certainly known it by that name since ... well, forever. :)

Exactly.

The term "The Great White Way" was popularized in the 1920s, inspired by all the electric white lights on the theatre marquees and billboard signs that illuminate the Times Square/Theatre District area.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eileen said:

It's mentioned in Rod Stewart's song "The Killing Of Georgie".  I think that's where I first heard it.

• Like 2