Greasy Lake Community

Springsteen on Broadway Returns

9 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

I’m patiently waiting :lol:

as we cant go anywhere in europe without quarantine on return crossing the atlantic seems a long way away, so may have to be very patient, especially if the indian(sorry delta variant) gets over there

6 hours ago, MadamMarie said:

Springsteen on Broadway will be the first performance on the great white way. Once again our ambassador of rock ‘n’ roll, soul and general all around humanitarian, makes this American proud. 

Not the first to be selling tickets though.

If flying into JFK were permitted from the UK I'd be flying back to see the incredible, the exciting, the life affirming David Byrne's American Utopia.  It's unpretentious, joyous and communal.

7 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

If flying into JFK were permitted from the UK I'd be flying back to see the incredible, the exciting, the life affirming David Byrne's American Utopia.  It's unpretentious, joyous and communal.

That may be but is that show in June?  ;) 

1 hour ago, JudgeBrown said:

Exactly.

The term "The Great White Way" was popularized in the 1920s, inspired by all the electric white lights on the theatre marquees and billboard signs that illuminate the Times Square/Theatre District area.

I'm old, well not that old but old! :)

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, zzcoolness said:

Yes. The wife of a Scouting friend died and her kids couldn't even say good bye. All while the hockey teams gotten to travel back and forth. Open the damn borders! https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestar.com/amp/news/canada/2020/08/15/dont-let-this-happen-to-anyone-else-families-seek-change-to-us-canada-border-rules.html

I’m sorry that family couldn’t say goodbye, that is heartbreaking.  The rules have made no sense on multiple occasions but most Canadians were against an open border until the vaccinations in the US ramped up.

That being said NHL teams haven’t been allowed to cross back and forth over the border whenever they please.  American teams were allowed to be part of the “bubble” used to complete the season last year under an agreement with the NHL, the NHLPA, and various levels of Canadian government. This year no American teams have travelled to Canada nor have any Canadian teams gone to the US. That will change soon though as the semi-final round begins. Hopefully the border itself will open to citizens from both countries soon. 

3 hours ago, Promise61 said:

I only saw the HBO version, still stunning. Live must be even better!

Us opens its borders to Denmark, South Africa, Canada , France Spain, italy and about 110 other countries in response to the ticket onsale

:rolleyes:

but not blighty

1 hour ago, AMIW said:

Us opens its borders to Denmark, South Africa, Canada , France Spain, italy and about 110 other countries in response to the ticket onsale

:rolleyes:

but not blighty

And some southern areas of the I-95 corridor :o  ;) 

• Haha 1

I’ll bet anything that "I’ll see you in my dreams” ends every single show on this run AND the next tour ….. if he ever picks up an electric guitar again. 

Brad

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 3:53 PM, SamEJay said:

as far as covid proof, who knows, that isn't the theater, that is New York State.   will they allow out of the country proof, maybe, maybe not but will be interesting to see the lines getting in.

We went to Love Rocks NYC last Thursday night at the Beacon (on B-way x 74th, but technically not ON B-way).  Regular capacity is 2900-3000, but we were told they held to 30% capacity (and that's exactly what it looked like in the balcony) so ~900 in the audience .  St. James is less than double that, so we're not talking getting 16K fans into an arena here.

Just to get under the marquee, you needed to present proof of vaccination. That got you the red wrist band, and allowed you to proceed to the outer doors, where your e-tickets were scanned. That allowed you to approach the lobby, where you were immediately directed to a metal detector. Once past that, you were free to mill around in the lobby, wander up to the loge or balcony, or just take your seat.  The whole entry procedure went very smoothly.  Long show, so they gave everyone a boxed lunch or two as you entered the lobby; cash bar (last year was open bar, supposedly).

Staff was 100% masked, indoors and outdoors; crowd in the theater was 90+% maskless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, badlands78 said:

I'd like to see Bruce do a "Bruce On Branson" instead

That would be cool! 3 hour drive! Stay in cabin at Big Cedar Lodge. Round of Golf at Payne's Valley! Fishing on Table Rock Lake the next day!  

• Like 3

I’m based in the UK currently and have a rare period where I won’t be at work for a period of time this summer. I’ve also been saving for a nice bit of travelling so can, for once, potentially afford the trip. 

Issue is, I’m pretty sure UK nationals can’t get into the U.S. currently - to those following COVID stories in the U.S., is there any word of travel between the U.S. and UK opening up any time soon? I’m half tempted to try for tickets in late July or August and hope for the best...!

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

9 minutes ago, BobbyJames said:

I’m based in the UK currently and have a rare period where I won’t be at work for a period of time this summer. I’ve also been saving for a nice bit of travelling so can, for once, potentially afford the trip. 

Issue is, I’m pretty sure UK nationals can’t get into the U.S. currently - to those following COVID stories in the U.S., is there any word of travel between the U.S. and UK opening up any time soon? I’m half tempted to try for tickets in late July or August and hope for the best...!

Oh, by August, I'll bet all open to the world! 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, BruceHistory said:

I’ll bet anything that "I’ll see you in my dreams” ends every single show on this run AND the next tour ….. if he ever picks up an electric guitar again. 

Brad

It is the perfect song in my opinion, especially as I age.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

They have changed the vaccine policy.

Yesterday, vaccination with any WHO vaccine was acceptable.

Today, at the direction of New York State only F.D.A. approved vaccines are being accepted for admission.

So those who have received Astra Zeneca, which includes much of the UK and large portions of Canada and Europe and the developing world, will not be allowed into the theatre.

Interesting that Johnson and Johnson, whose efficacy is below both Sputnik and Astra Zeneca, is acceptable. Or those with mixed vaccines, now being shown as giving the best protection, won’t be allowed in.

I have the best possible protection. I was hospitalized with COVID for 32 days, in the ICU for 12, died once, but decided to come back to life to see these shows. I have natural immunity plus a Viral Vector and mRNA shots. 

Alas, New York State doesn’t want me or my money. No big. I was stopping by to see Bruce on the way to Riot Fest in Chicago. I’ll just have to spend all my money  in Illinois. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Turkued said:

Today, at the direction of New York State only F.D.A. approved vaccines are being accepted for admission.

So those who have received Astra Zeneca, which includes much of the UK and large portions of Canada and Europe and the developing world, will not be allowed into the theatre.

Interesting that Johnson and Johnson, whose efficacy is below both Sputnik and Astra Zeneca, is acceptable. Or those with mixed vaccines, now being shown as giving the best protection, won’t be allowed in.

I have the best possible protection. I was hospitalized with COVID for 32 days, in the ICU for 12, died once, but decided to come back to life to see these shows. I have natural immunity plus a Viral Vector and mRNA shots. 

Alas, New York State doesn’t want me or my money. No big. I was stopping by to see Bruce on the way to Riot Fest in Chicago. I’ll just have to spend all my money  in Illinois. 

goodness

that's one way to get immunity 

are you all good now ? 

no long covid effects ?

6 hours ago, Ed King said:

We went to Love Rocks NYC last Thursday night at the Beacon (on B-way x 74th, but technically not ON B-way).  Regular capacity is 2900-3000, but we were told they held to 30% capacity (and that's exactly what it looked like in the balcony) so ~900 in the audience .  St. James is less than double that, so we're not talking getting 16K fans into an arena here.

Just to get under the marquee, you needed to present proof of vaccination. That got you the red wrist band, and allowed you to proceed to the outer doors, where your e-tickets were scanned. That allowed you to approach the lobby, where you were immediately directed to a metal detector. Once past that, you were free to mill around in the lobby, wander up to the loge or balcony, or just take your seat.  The whole entry procedure went very smoothly.  Long show, so they gave everyone a boxed lunch or two as you entered the lobby; cash bar (last year was open bar, supposedly).

Staff was 100% masked, indoors and outdoors; crowd in the theater was 90+% maskless.

starting to sound like you went to the airport :lol:

ive even heard of the Beacon 

sounds fun :)

i didn't  realize this was quite such a big thing out side of the Bruce universe 

i hope as time progresses it becomes eaiser for everyone with two shots of whatever  vacine to get in 

20 minutes ago, Turkued said:

Well that really sucks for everyone in blighty, Canada and Euroland someone should ask the president about it as he is in blighty this weekend maybe NDC could nit let him in

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

goodness

that's one way to get immunity 

are you all good now ? 

no long covid effects ?

Hi Daisey,

Thanks for asking. It's a long way back.

When I was discharged I would up stranded in my flat as I couldn't walk more than 10 steps. Thankfully Amazon made sure I survived.

The NHS offered me almost nothing. Physical therapy by Zoom call. 

I worked and worked and found a private physio, who I see three times a week. My lung capacity is about 2/3 of what it was, but it's slowly getting better. I'm walking three miles a day and shooting baskets again. I'm doing lots of weird online jobs to pay for stuff. 

My rehab goal has been a trip to the U.S. (where I'm originally from). I go to Riot Fest every year, well since Warped ended), so that's the centrepiece. I added a week in Florida at the start, to hike, beach and a few Dashboard Confessional shows. The Bruce announcement fit my schedule perfectly. 

This trip is about testing my body, staying active, getting motivated and sorting what post COVID me can do with my life. How motivating to start it with Bruce. Who better? Who knows if I would have gotten a ticket, but as of yesterday the rules said I was eligible to attend. I can't tell you how excited I got. Then they change. If it was just based on allowing those with full mRNA vaccination in I'm fine with that. But the minute you allow those vaccinated with Johnson and Johnson, and not those vaccinated with Astra Zeneca or Sputnik,  in, your decision is based on politics, not science. The later two vaccines, arguably, have greater efficacy than J & J.

COVID is terrible. I'm so lucky to have come back from the dead. We're headed to a tricky area as we open up. The initial policy for BOB was the correct one. So now we have three classes of people: the unvaccinated, the vaccinated with effective vaccines recognised by the WHO but not the FDA, and those with the proper vaccines. Interesting that all the proper vaccines are made by American multinational corporations. Well, perhaps Europe will need to discriminate against those vaccines as we move forward with booster shots. Is that really the type of world we want to live in?

Be safe, all. COVID sucks. 

• Hug 6