Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Springsteen on Broadway Returns


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Turkued said:

Hi Daisey,

Thanks for asking. It's a long way back.

When I was discharged I would up stranded in my flat as I couldn't walk more than 10 steps. Thankfully Amazon made sure I survived.

The NHS offered me almost nothing. Physical therapy by Zoom call. 

I worked and worked and found a private physio, who I see three times a week. My lung capacity is about 2/3 of what it was, but it's slowly getting better. I'm walking three miles a day and shooting baskets again. I'm doing lots of weird online jobs to pay for stuff. 

My rehab goal has been a trip to the U.S. (where I'm originally from). I go to Riot Fest every year, well since Warped ended), so that's the centrepiece. I added a week in Florida at the start, to hike, beach and a few Dashboard Confessional shows. The Bruce announcement fit my schedule perfectly. 

This trip is about testing my body, staying active, getting motivated and sorting what post COVID me can do with my life. How motivating to start it with Bruce. Who better? Who knows if I would have gotten a ticket, but as of yesterday the rules said I was eligible to attend. I can't tell you how excited I got. Then they change. If it was just based on allowing those with full mRNA vaccination in I'm fine with that. But the minute you allow those vaccinated with Johnson and Johnson, and not those vaccinated with Astra Zeneca or Sputnik,  in, your decision is based on politics, not science. The later two vaccines, arguably, have greater efficacy than J & J.

COVID is terrible. I'm so lucky to have come back from the dead. We're headed to a tricky area as we open up. The initial policy for BOB was the correct one. So now we have three classes of people: the unvaccinated, the vaccinated with effective vaccines recognised by the WHO but not the FDA, and those with the proper vaccines. Interesting that all the proper vaccines are made by American multinational corporations. Well, perhaps Europe will need to discriminate against those vaccines as we move forward with booster shots. Is that really the type of world we want to live in?

Be safe, all. COVID sucks. 

i feel so sad you did not get adaquite help from the NHS in your recovery but the fact you are still here says much for your inner tinasity and fighting strength 

you must be a very resourceful person to be making a living under such circumstances and more than deserving of a Bruce Springsteen  ticket 

if these are going to be the rules for all of broadway someone needs to start making some noise

surly Broadway wants its overseas patrons back also

i kind of get that its straight forward to use the FDA for clarification but perhaps now the FDA needs to start approving those other vacines 

its frustrating that like minded countries can't look at each other's research and approve these vacines faster

so many delays here because our govt dept had to approve the pfizer first - after the US already had

the J&J vacine is on order as a back up but our MedSafe has not approved it yet - hasn't even got the application in the works yet 

i guess the most important thing is we all survive this

i hope you continue to recover - in leaps and bounds now as you plan your holiday back home 

fingers crossed you somehow get to SOB

its obvious you are not a person who gives up easierly 

take care and get completly fit and well again soon

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Turkued said:

They have changed the vaccine policy.

Yesterday, vaccination with any WHO vaccine was acceptable.

Today, at the direction of New York State only F.D.A. approved vaccines are being accepted for admission.

So those who have received Astra Zeneca, which includes much of the UK and large portions of Canada and Europe and the developing world, will not be allowed into the theatre.

Interesting that Johnson and Johnson, whose efficacy is below both Sputnik and Astra Zeneca, is acceptable. Or those with mixed vaccines, now being shown as giving the best protection, won’t be allowed in.

I have the best possible protection. I was hospitalized with COVID for 32 days, in the ICU for 12, died once, but decided to come back to life to see these shows. I have natural immunity plus a Viral Vector and mRNA shots. 

Alas, New York State doesn’t want me or my money. No big. I was stopping by to see Bruce on the way to Riot Fest in Chicago. I’ll just have to spend all my money  in Illinois. 

Riot Fest? Seems random, who's he joining DKM?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Turkued said:

They have changed the vaccine policy.

Yesterday, vaccination with any WHO vaccine was acceptable.

Today, at the direction of New York State only F.D.A. approved vaccines are being accepted for admission.

So those who have received Astra Zeneca, which includes much of the UK and large portions of Canada and Europe and the developing world, will not be allowed into the theatre.

Interesting that Johnson and Johnson, whose efficacy is below both Sputnik and Astra Zeneca, is acceptable. Or those with mixed vaccines, now being shown as giving the best protection, won’t be allowed in.

I have the best possible protection. I was hospitalized with COVID for 32 days, in the ICU for 12, died once, but decided to come back to life to see these shows. I have natural immunity plus a Viral Vector and mRNA shots. 

Alas, New York State doesn’t want me or my money. No big. I was stopping by to see Bruce on the way to Riot Fest in Chicago. I’ll just have to spend all my money  in Illinois. 

So if we wanted to go I could(had Pfizer) but wife couldnt(astra) not only in UK do we have crazy politicians

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Part of me wants to buy a ticket for September. Despite all the risks. It just feels so weird for their to be a sale of tickets and for me to not even try. It doesn’t feel the same without RJM either. I guess I have until later to decide 

  • Hug 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

Part of me wants to buy a ticket for September. Despite all the risks. It just feels so weird for their to be a sale of tickets and for me to not even try. It doesn’t feel the same without RJM either. I guess I have until later to decide 

maybe keep filling your piggy bank and see how things pan out :)

27 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

I also get my first vaccine today, and being under 30 should mean I get Pfizer right? 

good luck

i gotta to admit im enviouse

but if your still working in the chemist shop im not overly happy you have had to wait this long

chemist shop staff here were counted as front line health workers and went first with boarder workers 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Born To Walk said:

That, or Moderna

image.png.ab9df2d21728eb599798424ad457f7c6.png

do you have to prove your pregnant?

unfortunately this wouldn't work too good for @Turkued

 

i can't think of anyone who has been that didn't highly recommend SOB

but right now ill take any vacine Gary and I can get 

its beyond bloody hopeless here

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

That, or Moderna

image.png.ab9df2d21728eb599798424ad457f7c6.png

No where in my area does anything other than AstraZeneca so I’m having to travel to a nearby city today to get it. I’m only getting it through work too as I’d still be waiting otherwise 

I can’t believe how long they’ve taken to start vaccinating under 30’s

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay so if I do try for a ticket it would only be for a September date which is probably going to be tricky but we’ll see what happens

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

do you have to prove your pregnant?

unfortunately this wouldn't work too good for @Turkued

 

i can't think of anyone who has been that didn't highly recommend SOB

but right now ill take any vacine Gary and I can get 

its beyond bloody hopeless here

I’m sorry Daisey :( I’m only getting mine because I work in healthcare. I should’ve got it months ago but there was no where close enough for me to get to that was doing the one for under 30’s

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am I reading this right ?

Are they seriously saying that you can only go to the Broadway show if you have been vaccinated by the Pfizer vaccine and not the Astrazenica one ?

The world really has gone insane....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

Am I reading this right ?

Are they seriously saying that you can only go to the Broadway show if you have been vaccinated by the Pfizer vaccine and not the Astrazenica one ?

The world really has gone insane....

Doesn’t Pfizer produce another celebrated “E Street-taken” pharmaceutical product? Maybe Bruce owns shares of that company. ;)
 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rachelharms said:

I’m sorry Daisey :( I’m only getting mine because I work in healthcare. I should’ve got it months ago but there was no where close enough for me to get to that was doing the one for under 30’s

i don't like that you have had to wait so long especially with so many sick people having to come into your work 

shame- otherwise i have been impressed with the UKs vaccination programs 

 

thank goodness you never got sick

keep safe 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rachelharms said:

I also get my first vaccine today, and being under 30 should mean I get Pfizer right? 

today is a good day for our young Rachel ... now the planning can begin for a Ladies who Lunch event

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

i don't like that you have had to wait so long especially with so many sick people having to come into your work 

shame- otherwise i have been impressed with the UKs vaccination programs 

 

thank goodness you never got sick

keep safe 

I think I had Covid twice in the very beginning but that was before I was allowed to be tested. Once was before Covid was really a thing, and the second time was when it started to get really bad. I had to self isolate and both symptoms were the same each time. It was horrible and I’m so scared that I’ll get symptoms after my vaccine today but at least it’s one step closer to being free! I feel like I might cry after I’m vaccinated today. I never thought this day would come

i hope you get yours soon

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AMIW said:

today is a good day for our young Rachel ... now the planning can begin for a Ladies who Lunch event

I hope I get a sticker!! 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

Am I reading this right ?

Are they seriously saying that you can only go to the Broadway show if you have been vaccinated by the Pfizer vaccine and not the Astrazenica one ?

The world really has gone insane....

It sounds crazy to me as well, especially since many here are deceitful about whether or not they’ve been vaccinated.  Showing an AZ card should be sufficient.  Smh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, rachelharms said:

I also get my first vaccine today, and being under 30 should mean I get Pfizer right? 

Yes, you should be fine. Either Pfizer or Moderna will get you in to see Bruce. Congratulations! Just make sure you schedule your second shot 14 days or more before the show you want to see. All of the data will show up in the NHS app that you will show at the door.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Am I reading this right ?

Are they seriously saying that you can only go to the Broadway show if you have been vaccinated by the Pfizer vaccine and not the Astrazenica one ?

The world really has gone insane....

Yes.

Initially Bruce and the theatre were fine with a complete course of any WHO approved vaccine. Then Cuomo and New York State stepped in and made them change it to FDA vaccines only.

This specificity doesn’t seem to be consistent for other shows or sporting events, at least as far as they are publicising. I have tickets for two concerts in New York at the end of the month and have no idea if I’ll be allowed in. What of museums? 
 

Massachusetts and Illinois, so far, are using the WHO standard. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MadamMarie said:

It sounds crazy to me as well, especially since many here are deceitful about whether or not they’ve been vaccinated.  Showing an AZ card should be sufficient.  Smh

But it’s not. Specifically from the show’s Q and A:

I WAS VACCINATED WITH A VACCINE THAT ISN’T APPROVED BY THE FDA. CAN I ATTEND SPRINGSTEEN ON BROADWAY?

At the direction of New York State, only FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson) will be accepted for proof of vaccination for ticket holders 16 years and older.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...