Greasy Lake Community

Springsteen on Broadway Returns

4 hours ago, rachelharms said:

I can’t believe how long they’ve taken to start vaccinating under 30’s

They've gone as fast as they can.  Supply is what has dictated the speed, you can't vaccinate people if you don't have the vaccine.  It takes time to "grow" vaccines, and there have also been delays in getting the ingredients.  We should have had the Novavax vaccine by now, but there have been some difficulties with that.

4 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

i can't think of anyone who has been that didn't highly recommend SOB

I can.

Nobody allowed in if they've had the AZ vaccine. Ferkn lunacy, and prejudicial at the same time. I'm amazed that Bruce is going along with this. Of course, this means that everyone involved in the production, and the venue staff must also be non AZ recipients. Crazy crazy crazy.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Nobody allowed in if they've had the AZ vaccine. Ferkn lunacy, and prejudicial at the same time. I'm amazed that Bruce is going along with this. Of course, this means that everyone involved in the production, and the venue staff must also be non AZ recipients. Crazy crazy crazy.

Why are people with AZ not allowed to attend? I wasn't planning on trying to get a ticket anyway but sounds weird and prejudiced indeed. I got Astra Z for my 1st dose and Pfiser for my 2nd.

Edit: Oh, just read why. Crazy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Breakaway said:

Why are people with AZ not allowed to attend? I wasn't planning on trying to get a ticket anyway but sounds weird and prejudiced indeed. I got Astra Z for my 1st dose and Pfiser for my 2nd.

Edit: Oh, just read why. Crazy.

Hey, a fellow mixed vaccine recipient!

It appears we were going to be ineligible under the first standard, which mandated two shots of any WHO approved vaccine or 1 shot of J and J. I had written to the theater about us mixers and they directed me to the new rules.

If it's any consolation it increasingly appears that you and I have protection superior to those who received two shots of the same vaccine. So we can sit knowing we have a better chance of surviving COVID than our friends attending BOB. I guess we should have known that vaccines not made by American multinational drug companies would never be accepted by the Americans. Well, New Yorkers. Bostonians, for example, welcome us to concerts, games and museums in their fair city. As does Chicago.

one can argue that Janssen is a Belgian vaccine not to go down a rabbit hole even though it is owned by an american company

it is like arguing that Budweiser is an american  beer when it is owned by a Belgian company

1 minute ago, AMIW said:

one can argue that Janssen is a Belgian vaccine not to go down a rabbit hole even though it is owned by an american company

it is like arguing that Budweiser is an american  beer when it is owned by a Belgian company

True. :) Of course, that Belgian subsidiary produced a vaccine developed and invented in Boston ( https://bit.ly/2SszVie ).

And Budweiser is giving away free beer if 70% of Americans are vaccinated by July 4th. Wonder if my proof of vaccine will be sufficient to drink?

Good luck everyone getting tickets! Yes, I will be in the queue. There is plenty of time to get the rules changed and, if that doesn't work, lots of Lakers I'm sure would want whatever tickets I come up with. After beating Qualified Fan status last time with Ticketmaster we go onto Seat Geek - with no advance notice of pricing structure. So glad to be working with a company whose core business is ticket touting. :(  

So much wrong...

7 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

i can't think of anyone who has been that didn't highly recommend SOB

I know a few who went and couldn't figure out what the fuss was about...I was one of them, Bruce's delivery was stale and he sounded bored by the time I got to see it, the Ghost of Tom Joad was magical and the highpoint for me and the low point was definitely that "Lord's Prayer"...Oh dear

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Bruce has been on the radio...the Broadway show will be roughly the same as before...and something to be released in the fall, but not a new album...one of the rumoured box sets maybe

54 minutes ago, Turkued said:

Waiting room NOW open.

If you are trying to get tickets get to the site immediately!

Nice of Seat Geek to let us know that the waiting room was going to open sometime before Noon EST.  I just got in the virtual line, at the time their site specified, and I can already tell there is not way I am getting a shot here, to purchase.  Ridiculous....

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, crustyoldman said:

I know a few who went and couldn't figure out what the fuss was about...I was one of them, Bruce's delivery was stale and he sounded bored by the time I got to see it, the Ghost of Tom Joad was magical and the highpoint for me and the low point was definitely that "Lord's Prayer"...Oh dear

couldnt agree more and i think i met some of your friends/family when i came out 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ncsprngstn said:

Nice of Seat Geek to let us know that the waiting room was going to open sometime before Noon EST.  I just got in the virtual line, at the time their site specified, and I can already tell there is not way I am getting a shot here, to purchase.  Ridiculous....

Guess, I spoke to soon.  Was in Queue on my phone and PC.  Got in on my phone.   Could have sworn when the tix came up it was Orchestra (2nd row) but once I purchased them they say Mezzanine 2nd row (WTF...)-- $850/per.

Running into an issue already though - it says I have to show a barcode to get in to the show using the app but the app isn’t available on U.K. App Store.. help

i just messaged them 

Just now, AMIW said:

download the app when in the US?

I think you have to actually have your iPhone set to living in US I’m going to see if I can change anything on my old phone