Greasy Lake Community

Olympics Tokyo 2021

Daisey Jeep

8 minutes ago, JudgeBrown said:

WADR to Pat Summitt and what she did to elevate the women's game, Geno and UConn took it to another level entirely.

Best. Women's. Program. Ever.

19 hours ago, JustDan said:

The first kick she took was when she hit the ground...

802414266_ScreenShot2021-07-27at9_18_55AM.thumb.png.c8461985ff0a4b4eea1fe807f25a0024.png

It’s a real pity. I really hope she can overcome her issues. It seems pressure was overwhelming, but still, that’s her job after all. Wish her well.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Frank said:

It’s a real pity. I really hope she can overcome her issues. It seems pressure was overwhelming, but still, that’s her job after all. Wish her well.

Perhaps her employer (im assuming its a professional sport) should be providing more support to look after their number one assets

3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

...so what else is happening ???

San Marino have won their first ever medal:

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/san-marino-alessandra-perilli-first-olympic-medal-065448549.html

• Like 3

Kenyan runner Abel Mutai was only a few meters from the finish line, but got confused with the signs and stopped, thinking he had finished the race. BA Spanish man, Ivan Fernandez, was right behind him and, realizing what was going on, started shouting to the Kenyan to keep running. Mutai did not know Spanish and did not understand.

Realizing what was going on, Fernandez pushed Mutai to victory.

A reporter asked Ivan, "Why did you do this?" Ivan replied, "My dream is that one day we can have some sort of community life where we push ourselves and also others to win."

The reporter insisted "But why did you let the Kenyan win?" Ivan replied, "I didn't let him win, he was going to win. The race was his."

The reporter insisted and asked again, "But you could have won!" Ivan looked at him and replied: "But what would be the merit of my victory? What would be the honor of this medal? What would my Mother think of it?" The values are transmitted from generation to generation. What values do we teach our children and how much do you inspire others to earn? Most of us take advantage of people's weaknesses instead of helping to strengthen them.

image.thumb.png.0900465e697bea15abaf149a0eeeaee8.png

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

20 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Kenyan runner Abel Mutai was only a few meters from the finish line, but got confused with the signs and stopped, thinking he had finished the race. BA Spanish man, Ivan Fernandez, was right behind him and, realizing what was going on, started shouting to the Kenyan to keep running. Mutai did not know Spanish and did not understand.

A reporter asked Ivan, "Why did you do this?" Ivan replied, "My dream is that one day we can have some sort of community life where we push ourselves and also others to win."

The reporter insisted "But why did you let the Kenyan win?" Ivan replied, "I didn't let him win, he was going to win. The race was his."

The reporter insisted and asked again, "But you could have won!" Ivan looked at him and replied: "But what would be the merit of my victory? What would be the honor of this medal? What would my Mother think of it?" The values are transmitted from generation to generation. What values do we teach our children and how much do you inspire others to earn? Most of us take advantage of people's weaknesses instead of helping to strengthen them.

Wow, this is pure class. I raise my hat to him. 

• Bruuuuce! 1

48 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Lovely story, but it's very old (not sure if you knew that, Jimmy?)

And why is there a pic of Mo Farah and ?? with the story? Just asking ... :)

29 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Oh, didn't know! I haven't watched a minute of the Olympics this year. That story came across on my FB feed thought it was about this year Olympics. And pic came with the story. Wasn't trying to fool anyone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

I looked at it and thought, hey, he looks just like Mo! :D

6 minutes ago, Eileen said:

he looks just like Mo!

I read that as "moi". I wondered why you were getting all pretentiously French and concluded it looked nothing like you. ;)

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I cant stop blubbering reading that 

There are salesmanship awards usually awarded once the olympics are finished 

I would think he will get one

Spanish peeps should be proud