Greasy Lake Community

Bruce talks new releases

On E Street radio, he mentions a "vault release" and also another release for "Early Next Year"

Let the speculation begin!   And probably some complaining too, after all we are Bruce fans, right? ;)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

He said things like "I will let it be a surprise"   "Not sure if that's been announced yet"  and "I've been busy"

In other words, he said a lot of things, with a million possible meanings

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

He said things like "I will let it be a surprise"   "Not sure if that's been announced yet"  and "I've been busy"

In other words, he said a lot of things, with a million possible meanings

As previously, I interpret "surprise" as just meaning "I'm not ready to announce what it is", rather than meaning it will be something we don't expect.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

Let the speculation begin!

If you insist:

There are three outstanding box sets mentioned in the leaked Sony document, which may, or may not, still be an accurate reflection of what is required under Bruce's contract. One of those seems the obvious thing to fit the description of "vault release";

Tracks 2 has been heavily rumoured for a couple of years and was mentioned by Bruce in connection with the old songs on LTY.

However, it's 6 years since The River box so we're due another album box. The two outstanding are Nebraska and BITUSA. Nebraska would make sense chronologically (and keep @Daisey Jeephappy), although BITUSA has the greater commercial potential.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

21 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

If you insist:

There are three outstanding box sets mentioned in the leaked Sony document, which may, or may not, still be an accurate reflection of what is required under Bruce's contract. One of those seems the obvious thing to fit the description of "vault release";

Tracks 2 has been heavily rumoured for a couple of years and was mentioned by Bruce in connection with the old songs on LTY.

However, it's 6 years since The River box so we're due another album box. The two outstanding are Nebraska and BITUSA. Nebraska would make sense chronologically (and keep @Daisey Jeephappy), although BITUSA has the greater commercial potential.

I would definitely see the Nebraska and BITUSA box sets being one box set. Since quite a bit of BITUSA got its start during the nebraska sessions

• Like 1

Read on Reddit about something with the Killers, possibly coming out next week.

"This was such a nice surprise, hearing him talk about it! The highlight for me was a collaboration with Brandon Flowers/The Killers coming out soon."

• Like 2

I would say Tracks 2 or the Born in the USA box in the fall and a new album in march followed by an ESB tour.

March - May: indoor Arena shows US 

june - july/ August: Europe outdoor

august - Early october: US outdoor And maybe South America 

october - december: indoor US

januari - february 2023: Australia and New Sealand 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

52 minutes ago, Elbow said:

Read on Reddit about something with the Killers, possibly coming out next week.

"This was such a nice surprise, hearing him talk about it! The highlight for me was a collaboration with Brandon Flowers/The Killers coming out soon."

Someone better tell Eileen.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lilbud said:

I would definitely see the Nebraska and BITUSA box sets being one box set. Since quite a bit of BITUSA got its start during the nebraska sessions

Why fleece us once when they can fleece us twice? :lol:

• Haha 2

The way he said it makes me feel like its Tacks 2 as opposed to a  BITUSA box. He said something like they have been working on material from the vault for a release in the fall, which kinda hints more toward a general collection of tracks as opposed to revisiting a certain period in the band's history in my opinion. Pure speculation. Also, at this point why not wait until 2024 for the BITUSA box for the 40 year mark. 

41 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I'd guess that's the "early next year" release.

Bruce's idea of "soon" = 8 months from now. <_<

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got to tell you, I’ve always hated this pointless teasing from Bruce and Co.

Especially when it comes to archive releases which are meant for his core fan base that will buy them anyway.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, rockaway88 said:

The way he said it makes me feel like its Tacks 2 as opposed to a  BITUSA box. He said something like they have been working on material from the vault for a release in the fall, which kinda hints more toward a general collection of tracks as opposed to revisiting a certain period in the band's history in my opinion. Pure speculation. Also, at this point why not wait until 2024 for the BITUSA box for the 40 year mark. 

so the fall means spring here

so thats like 2 months away !!!!!