Greasy Lake Community

Bruce talks new releases

1 hour ago, Frank said:

Got to tell you, I’ve always hated this pointless teasing from Bruce and Co.

Especially when it comes to archive releases which are meant for his core fan base that will buy them anyway.

im still feeling a bit sorry for myself getting my hopes up from whay turned out to be the super bowl add

(as wonderful as it was)

18 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

im still feeling a bit sorry for myself getting my hopes up from whay turned out to be the super bowl add

(as wonderful as it was)

Who knows. Anything from "the vault" should be a solid release. However, he may surprise us all,  and it very well could end up being a Springsteen on Broadway show with no audience with an alternate ending that he was keeping sealed in "the vault". Lol

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Marnix said:

I would say Tracks 2 or the Born in the USA box in the fall and a new album in march followed by an ESB tour.

March - May: indoor Arena shows US 

june - july/ August: Europe outdoor

august - Early october: US outdoor And maybe South America 

october - december: indoor US

januari - february 2023: Australia and New Sealand 

I think Australia + NZ early 2022 instead of 2023, other than that I think it's a good guess.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Perisic said:

Oh I was hoping for something new.

Hahaha - we'll be getting wrong for being a tad disappointed. :D

That song doesn't need a 'leg-up' - mind you, neither does Thunder Road so fair play. Looking forward to hearing and seeing the full song.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Frank said:

Got to tell you, I’ve always hated this pointless teasing from Bruce and Co.

And along similar lines, I’m not too fond of the use of the term “project” for everything.  Has a snobbish/elitist ring to it.  Hell this is rock and roll.  Just call it an “album” or “box set” or “collaboration” or “book” or whatever the case may be.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, badlands78 said:

And along similar lines, I’m not too fond of the use of the term “project” for everything.  Has a snobbish/elitist ring to it.  Hell this is rock and roll.  Just call it an “album” or “box set” or “collaboration” or “book” or whatever the case may be.

Agreed.

Nobody does archive stuff like Dylan and his people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badlands78 said:

You’ve forgotten that Bruce is now a star of stage and commercial screen. There is no saying this project is music. I’m hoping it’s a one man reading of Othello or him driving his truck to pick up some pine needles off of the forest floor in Oregon for Jeep in hopes to unite the country (and line his pockets).

3 hours ago, Blackcowboys01 said:

and no one in the music world has an archive like Bob Dylan

He sold most of the rights to his music away so has no say in it .

If any big company dreams about approaching Bruce to do like wise they should wake up and apologise. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 9:52 PM, MacBruce said:

Not a big Killers fan, but good to see Bruce collaborating with one of the biggest bands in the world.

I mentioned this collaboration to my 22 year old daughter and she wasn't sure who the Killers were. Not that 22 years olds determine who the biggest bands are tbf. Love the Killers and cannot wait for Brucie singing Dustland. 

7 minutes ago, Elbow said:

Maybe 10 years ago! I mentioned this collaboration to my 22 year old daughter and she wasn't sure who the Killers were. 

It was my son who introduced me to their music (Indie Rock and Roll)- but I knew of the band already.

My eldest daughter took me to see them in Aberdeen. I had no idea who they were. I remember seeing Bruce in Dublin in I think 2009 and the Killers walked past me on the way to their seats, that was a big thrill.. I love the Killers..

• Love Love Love! 1

On 6/12/2021 at 1:15 AM, Perisic said:

I think Australia + NZ early 2022 instead of 2023, other than that I think it's a good guess.

emergency credit card in my sock drawer 

however until more of our population are vaccinated we cant open the door

because as i understand it a vaccinated person can still transmit the disease 

the poor old wiggles got a bit if a backlash needing spaces in managed isolation recently

they are used to love every where they go, i think it was a bit of a shock for them 

honestly people (the general population) look for things to moan about especially right now

i dont want that for Bruce or the ESB 

On 6/12/2021 at 3:19 AM, Jertucky said:

You’ve forgotten that Bruce is now a star of stage and commercial screen. There is no saying this project is music. I’m hoping it’s a one man reading of Othello or him driving his truck to pick up some pine needles off of the forest floor in Oregon for Jeep in hopes to unite the country (and line his pockets).

I'd defiantly go to see that at a picture theatre :lol:

especially if they have one of those gizmos that pumps out pine fragrance into the audience 

• Haha 1

While it may look as though Bruce is being deliberately vague in saying that the vault release will come out this autumn or next year, it may genuinely be that as yet they don't know whether it may be subject to the ongoing production delays that many boxed sets are still subject to. The John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band and George Harrison All Things Must Pass reissues have come out months later than originally expected.

Also the original Tracks in 1998 didn't have a vinyl issue, as far as I can remember. Vinyl was effectively dead back then. It's hard to see them not going with a vinyl version of whatever is coming down the tracks this year. And therein lie a lot of the reasons for production delays.

https://superdeluxeedition.com/feature/a-pressing-issue-how-the-vinyl-revival-has-caught-out-the-music-industry-during-the-pandemic/

13 hours ago, Old English Town said:

Also the original Tracks in 1998 didn't have a vinyl issue, as far as I can remember.

Not the original Tracks, as you say. There was however a vinyl release of 18 Tracks.