Greasy Lake Community

Just cos ... Dustland

9 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

The music is good :) ;)

I love it cos it hasn't been 'prettied up'. There's a piano chord gone awol, Bruce doesn't alternate the tune on one of the lines ... he trails in places. But you know what? It's bloomin' perfect cos of it!

Of course, Brandon is perfect.

Could have done without the dramatic look into the distance at the end but what the hey. Hahaha! Two powerful musicians at different ends of the age spectrum coming together (virtually) to blast our senses.

Thank you, @Nicholas

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

• Eileen changed the title to Just cos ... Dustland
28 minutes ago, Eileen said:

I love it cos it hasn't been 'prettied up'. There's a piano chord gone awol, Bruce doesn't alternate the tune on one of the lines ... he trails in places. But you know what? It's bloomin' perfect cos of it!

Could have done without the dramatic look into the distance at the end but what the hey. Hahaha! Two powerful musicians at different ends of the age spectrum coming together (virtually) to blast our senses.

Thank you, @Nicholas

Bruce does a lot of looking into the distance.  For his 'orse, maybe?

• Haha 2

After reports of a collaboration between BruCe , Brandon and southside Johnny leaks

police surround a house in sunny morpeth after a sound level so high that even dogs can’t hear it emerges from inside the house…

• Haha 2

Another typically overwrought Killers song.  Love the strings, though.  Sounds like it's in a key too high for Bruce, but maybe that's the plan for more overwroughtness (and I know that's not a real word).

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Sounds like it's in a key too high for Bruce, but maybe that's the plan 

That was my first thought but Bruce must have okayed it - for the effect. They've left other stuff in too to make it more spontaneous and true.

I love how they borrow the beginning from a couple of the Imploding The Mirage songs.

17 hours ago, Eileen said:

Thank you, @Nicholas

To me The Killers always seem like a bunch of guys that have never met before but make good music together.

I'm not sure Bruce singing on this adds to it as his voice does sound strained to a degree,though what I will say is it ties in with the original video of young & old so watching that gives this more meaning.

Is the diamond jubilee banner behind Bruce,is it anything to do with the back in sixty one lyric in the song which would make this a diamond jubilee?

• Like 1

I know there'll be a reason for it - you could well be right.

That isn't the 'original' line-up but some of the musicians are used on Tour .. and, obviously, in the studio when needed. Good old Ronnie's always there though.

Had a listen to Chinatown - he uses the same voice pitch on there - must be something he particularly likes.

The '61 reference in the song relates to Flowers' parents meeting on the trailer park where they lived, so I'd guess that's the Diamond Jubilee reference

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Police called to a complaint about the noise in Sunny Morpeth

tenor.gif

12 hours ago, AMIW said:

After reports of a collaboration between BruCe , Brandon and southside Johnny leaks

police surround a house in sunny morpeth after a sound level so high that even dogs can’t hear it emerges from inside the house…

Good to see recycling being taken so seriously  ;)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AMIW said:

not recycling this police incident was due to the addition of Southside to the mix

Some of us noticed. ;)

42 minutes ago, AMIW said:

keith probably doesnt even change out of his jammies now he is OLD

The dentist just rang to ask if I would move tomorrow's appointment from 10:05 to 8:10.

Does 8:10 even exist?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

The dentist just rang to ask if I would move tomorrow's appointment from 10:05 to 8:10.

Does 8:10 even exist?

It exists very much for me in the mornings (early bird am I), but I'm flagging around the evening one :lol:.  

• Like 1