Greasy Lake Community

WEMBLEY 3RD JULY 1985 .Any decent recordings out there ?

This was the show I attended, it was a great great performance.A while later the july 4th show emerged in good qualiy (from Crystal Cat) but apart from the odd track here and there,  the july 3rd recordings of the full show  seemed to be in poor quality. I Was wondering if anyone knew or had access to   recordings of the complete concert in decent quality? Kind regards

47 minutes ago, greatmate said:

I Was wondering if anyone knew or had access to   recordings of the complete concert in decent quality? Kind regards

Better (also) ask this in The Bootleg Collectors Corner topic.

The original version I set free titled Wembley First Night is in the bootleg collectors thread. Keep your eyes open for a remaster in the near future ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimCT said:

The original version I set free titled Wembley First Night is in the bootleg collectors thread. Keep your eyes open for a remaster in the near future ;) 

Will you be remastering the Saturday 6th July 1985 show too Jim? I hope so! 

17 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Will you be remastering the Saturday 6th July 1985 show too Jim? I hope so! 

I don't do that work myself, as I lack the software and talent. But the entire London stand is "in process" ;) 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JimCT said:

I don't do that work myself, as I lack the software and talent. But the entire London stand is "in process" ;) 

Brilliant. Always wanted my first concert in decent quality. As it’s unlikely there will be an archive of it to come. 

15 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Brilliant. Always wanted my first concert in decent quality. As it’s unlikely there will be an archive of it to come. 

Was 1985-07-06 your first?

I went to all 3 Wembley Stadium shows and I was also at Live Aid the week after. What a summer that was. The shows were incredible and the weather was hot and sunny. No pit in those days. The pitch was the pit. I just recall passing so many people over my head that had passed out due to the heat and lack of water. 

I did used to have all 3 shows on cassette but have long since lost them which is a shame . I’d love to have a revised or even official release because that week was such an event.

• Like 2