Greasy Lake Community

What's the lowest two numbers you had on the back of your hand ?

Had number 13 at old Old Trafford Manchester and a Number 7 way back in 2002 at the old Wembley Arena -a windy day if I recall. 

whats yours ? any photos ? 

it might be a nice comfortably seat number for me next year.

Not sure I ever had a number. I was front of the queue at 'my' door at the SECC but don't think we had a number.

I didn't usually queue - I was generally in the pub then just walked in, occasionally still ending up in the pit.

• Like 1

The best number (not the lowest) I had was 598 out of 600 pit numbers for Leeds 2013 having raced up the motorway from the Cardiff show the day before.

Literally abandoned the car on double yellow lines and sprinted to the pit queue in the afternoon and made it with a minute or two to spare. It was thanks to Greasy Lake that we made the pit. There was a thread with number updates which I was checking every few minutes as my mate drove. It was exhilarating as we neared Leeds with still news of numbers being handed out. 

• Bruuuuce! 1

I can't remember any of mine either but usually it wasn't the lowest number that mattered as there was then a draw for the number at the front of the queue.  I remember in Glendale getting a highish number (say 998) and the first number drawn was something not too far in front (about 960) so we were very high up the order.

• Bruuuuce! 1

12 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

My arthritic knees need golden circle tickets next year. I’m saving up already to pay the extra. I can just about handle standing throughout the show but the roll calls all day would finish me off. 

I've always taken a camping chair.  They're cheap enough to abandon when it's time to go in.  At Coventry I was even able to retrieve it after the show!  :)

• Like 1

Oh yes them funny roll calls that never seemed to really work. I think I had something in the 20s one time. And no matter in which country i've been to a show you had at least one guy moaning about the roll call working everywhere bust just not here.;)

Every orderly in Auckland the time o did it

Cost a fortune in taxis backwards and forwards between the hotel and Mt Smart for roll call but dedinatly worth  it 

Bladder still not fully recovered from standing through stupid support acts (2) but front row was excellent