Greasy Lake Community

Easy to Play Bruce Songs

OK. I know it's not appropriate for the main board but it "needs" visibility.

I almost have a big enough garden for a private mini show this summer. By which I mean, a home-made stage for four or five bands from the school that my kids go to (age 11-16. I understand that they will be uniformly rubbish but it's just a chance to have some fun if COVID restrictions allow) so there'll be an overlap in parents/friends between the bands.

THIS IS THE RELEVANT BIT (ignore the jabbering above) : if it goes ahead, I want to mandate that each band has to learn and  play a Bruce song. So what are easy songs for kids to play that have probably learned a bit of piano/guitar? Vocals - I can jump stage and take care of them. Ha!

Throw out a mixture of fast and slow stuff - but they've got to be accessible to a non-Bruce audience so the first person that says "Ice Man" gets a big smack around the chops.

I've been listening to a lot of Dad Rock recently and (for non-Bruce content) Wales rules this - the Manics and Stereophonics have breathtakingly good songs that seem to have easy-to-learn underlying structure but that's for another day...

• bdw changed the title to Easy to Play Bruce Songs

I guess easy could consist of:

Ice Man :)

If I Should Fall Behind

Blinded By the Light

For You

Fire

Girl In Their Summer Clothes

We Are Alive

Man at the Top

ISYIMD

Dancing In The Dark

I'm On Fire

TV Movie

Car Wash

Growin' Up

I'm sorry for the long list, not much to do tonight, since my shift was cancelled ;).

1 minute ago, phantomengineer said:

Jungland might be good. Nah, just kidding. No Surrender is a straight forward three chord song but I would change the key from F to something more guitar friendly like G or A.

Agree

1 hour ago, Okely Dokely said:

Glory Days. Pretty repetitive song musically but very effective. Also Born in the USA. Only two chords. I’m Goin’ Down. Same 4 chords over and over. I’m sensing a theme with the ones I just named

Hmmm wonder what the theme is ;) 

Don't ask them  to play WOASD as due to them being just 11-16 old's Bruce credibility will be shot for ever with them and they might have nightmares.

and its goes with out saying but a  reminder ! nothing from 92 as they will be sick and will want to give up playing altogether.   

18 hours ago, bdw said:

OK. I know it's not appropriate for the main board but it "needs" visibility.

I almost have a big enough garden for a private mini show this summer. By which I mean, a home-made stage for four or five bands from the school that my kids go to (age 11-16. I understand that they will be uniformly rubbish but it's just a chance to have some fun if COVID restrictions allow) so there'll be an overlap in parents/friends between the bands.

THIS IS THE RELEVANT BIT (ignore the jabbering above) : if it goes ahead, I want to mandate that each band has to learn and  play a Bruce song. So what are easy songs for kids to play that have probably learned a bit of piano/guitar? Vocals - I can jump stage and take care of them. Ha!

Throw out a mixture of fast and slow stuff - but they've got to be accessible to a non-Bruce audience so the first person that says "Ice Man" gets a big smack around the chops.

I've been listening to a lot of Dad Rock recently and (for non-Bruce content) Wales rules this - the Manics and Stereophonics have breathtakingly good songs that seem to have easy-to-learn underlying structure but that's for another day...

For me personally, Fire has always been one of the most easy Springsteen songs to play on acoustic guitar. And that song is pretty much very recognisable even with an non-Springsteen crowd. Here is link where you quickly can learn the chords including aan audio of the strumming pattern https://www.yourguitarsuccess.com/fire-chords/