Greasy Lake Community

Bruce Springsteen discord

Y'all might've remembered I posted something similar on this circuit a while back, but I'm here again to say, if anyone wants to join a really fun Bruce Springsteen discord server (unaffiliated with r/BruceSpringsteen) please do so! We have a ton of activities including a massive votes tournament on all of the Boss's songs, casual polls, a ton of awesome Bruce-themed roles and all in all a great place to talk to people about Bruce's music. 

Here is the link if anyone is interested: https://discord.gg/E8A68nJ4n6

@tipyourkap

Do you not think this is a bit off?

Has anybody had a look at his site - were they ever seen again?

There are a few 'tips' on here - can't all be the same one, can they?

21 minutes ago, Eileen said:

@tipyourkap

I'm not sure what you mean, this isn't my site. Discord is a community platform that allows you to make servers about people/topics you're interested in. I don't quite know what you mean about "tips" but I doubt that they're related to my server because it's fairly new

I suppose it's cos it's very unusual for someone to come here, advertise another site/forum, without joining in with the chat on here.

Has anybody clicked on the link? What's it all about ... Alfie?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Eileen said:

I suppose it's cos it's very unusual for someone to come here, advertise another site/forum, without joining in with the chat on here.

I haven't clicked on it. I'm a scaredy-cat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eileen said:

@tipyourkap

Just an FYI - no endorsement from Greasy Lake, but as I have said before (many times it seems) we don't mind "other sites" where people want to talk about Bruce

It does seem a bit strange for a new member to post here, advertising their site in their only posts - much like signing up to advertise your new merchandise or ETSY project that you would like the community to know about.

That being said, we think we do a pretty decent job here, but understand that Greasy Lake isn't for everyone, and if someone wants to check out your site, all well and good.

But if I could make the suggestion @tipyourkap you might also mingle here a bit and make friends before you ask them to join you - some consider it impolite to ask others to join you in your playground while you are playing at someone else's house ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

Just an FYI - no endorsement from Greasy Lake, but as I have said before (many times it seems) we don't mind "other sites" where people want to talk about Bruce

It does seem a bit strange for a new member to post here, advertising their site in their only posts - much like signing up to advertise your new merchandise or ETSY project that you would like the community to know about.

That being said, we think we do a pretty decent job here, but understand that Greasy Lake isn't for everyone, and if someone wants to check out your site, all well and good.

But if I could make the suggestion @tipyourkap you might also mingle here a bit and make friends before you ask them to join you - some consider it impolite to ask others to join you in your playground while you are playing at someone else's house ;)

Ah I see--that makes sense as to why some people are skeptical. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tipyourkap said:

Ah I see--that makes sense as to why some people are skeptical. 

Maybe people are skeptical because you only have 6 posts here and every single one of them is an advertisement for your other site? 

As Mikey said, we understand that there are other forums to post on, and wherever anyone wants to post is up to them, but it is definitely off-putting to just show up at a site when nobody knows who you are, and invite people to click on a link for a new forum. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eileen said:

Here's one i regulary visit on discordhttps://www.thecourtjeweller.com/

Its my escapism 

Im Princess Daisey :lol: 

The annoying thing about it is every now and then there is a glitch and my comments appear under my real name 

56 minutes ago, judyg said:

Maybe people are skeptical because you only have 6 posts here and every single one of them is an advertisement for your other site? 

As Mikey said, we understand that there are other forums to post on, and wherever anyone wants to post is up to them, but it is definitely off-putting to just show up at a site when nobody knows who you are, and invite people to click on a link for a new forum. 

To give the lad some credit, at least he did that on here and not BTX. They really would have crucified him. 

Believe me, I know :lol::lol::unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

To give the lad some credit, at least he did that on here and not BTX. They really would have crucified him. 

Believe me, I know :lol::lol::unsure:

I don't even want to know haha

6 hours ago, tipyourkap said:

Y'all might've remembered I posted something similar on this circuit a while back, but I'm here again to say, if anyone wants to join a really fun Bruce Springsteen discord server (unaffiliated with r/BruceSpringsteen) please do so! We have a ton of activities including a massive votes tournament on all of the Boss's songs, casual polls, a ton of awesome Bruce-themed roles and all in all a great place to talk to people about Bruce's music. 

Here is the link if anyone is interested: https://discord.gg/E8A68nJ4n6

If I join, can I be a Mod?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Growin' Up said:

If I join, can I be a Mod?

I can't guarantee it, but we have been looking for some mods lately so I'd be open to it!

5 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

I haven't clicked on it. I'm a scaredy-cat.

I clicked on it.  After I got my browser to translate it from Russian to English, it’s a good site.  I just had to provide my social security number and a few account numbers, but other than that it seemed legit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

I clicked on it.  After I got my browser to translate it from Russian to English, it’s a good site.  I just had to provide my social security number and a few account numbers, but other than that it seemed legit.

Were the profile questions these?

What was your Mom's maiden name?

What was your first dog's name?

What street did you grow up on?

What was your first car?

I signed up on another site and had to fill out a whole survey with questions like these ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, judyg said:

Did tipyourkap appropriately check the “I’m not a robot” question on the new member application? :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

What was your first car?

I signed up on another site and had to fill out a whole survey with questions like these ;)

Lucky we Danish around here not Nigeria 

4 hours ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

What was your first car?

I think you  should be careful those questions are often used by banks etc to help with account password recovery. Email address and a few of those could let a bad guy in 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

At least it's a relevant site. Remember the person who came here to promote a quite irrelevant blog but tried to make it seem relevant by giving the postings appropriate names? eg, a piece about tying shoelaces titled (you've guessed it) 'The Ties That Bind'

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Here's one i regulary visit on discordhttps://www.thecourtjeweller.com/

Its my escapism 

Im Princess Daisey :lol: 

The annoying thing about it is every now and then there is a glitch and my comments appear under my real name 

Oh well, if it's safe enough for @Daisey Jeep to join then we'll all dive in! :D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Oh well, if it's safe enough for @Daisey Jeep to join then we'll all dive in! :D

:lol:

The usual no politics rule apply oh and no trash talk about M&H :lol:

I only go there to look at the jewles :D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Eileen said:

I hope you all could join! We've had a couple people come in from here which has been really cool to see