Greasy Lake Community

Jessica going to the Olympics

7 minutes ago, JimCT said:

Here's your dilemma, JB. Her horse RMF Zecilie is owned by Frank McCourt. :o 

In horse racing the horse is the one that is credited with winning the race, not the rider.

But in equestrian the rider is the winner so her horse won't get a medal if she wins, correct?  If so that might help JB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AMIW said:

A whole 9 minutes ahead of Dan,s thread

Sorry. I know how valuable your time is. 
I’ll have JudgeBrown merge the threads.

This is great news 

Well done Jessica

I enjoy the equestrian events so now ill have a 2nd team to support

A little sad that things are very different this time at the Olympics 

On the news last night they said athletes will be sent home as they finish events rather than cheering on their country's other sports - im thinking this isnt just for the NZ team -  so im thinking mums and dads probably won't be there and considering all the effort put in by all the mums and dads that's pretty sad

But im thinking at least Bruce and Patti can afford the 57 channels of pay tv sports 

But still better than getting covid or making the situation worse for the wider Japanese population

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JustDan said:

Sorry. I know how valuable your time is. 
I’ll have JudgeBrown merge the threads.

If i had made the Olympics i would want 100 threads !

• Like 2

4 hours ago, burghfan said:

In horse racing the horse is the one that is credited with winning the race, not the rider.

But in equestrian the rider is the winner so her horse won't get a medal if she wins, correct?  If so that might help JB.

No matter what you call it, at the end of the day it’s the horse that does all the sweatin’.;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, burghfan said:

You get what you can get.  That and "previous owner" and I think that I can survive this.

8 hours ago, JimCT said:

So, where the heck did all our money go? ;)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, JimCT said:

My Google news feed said that the horse is owned by Stone Hill Farm. That's Bruce's gaff. Also says that JS resides in Los Angeles. Says that her horse is Don Juan somethingorother.

When the Olympics promise was broken,

She was far away from home,

sleeping in the back stall 

of a borrowed ‘orse… ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

My Google news feed said that the horse is owned by Stone Hill Farm. That's Bruce's gaff. Also says that JS resides in Los Angeles. Says that her horse is Don Juan somethingorother.

From the original post - "In Tokyo, Springsteen will compete with Don Juan van de Donkhoeve, a 12-year-old Belgian Warmblood stallion owned by Stone Hill Farm, and RMF Zecilie, a 14-year-old Holsteiner mare owned by Rushy Marsh Farm LLC."

I've been watching her ride for more than a decade as my d was a few years behind her. So I noted with interest a few years back when she started riding horses for the McCourts ;) It's not a new thing.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

NZ'S greatest Olympic pairing is Mark Todd and Charisma  ... Mark never owned Charisma 

I never had any charisma either

59 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

NZ'S greatest Olympic pairing is Mark Todd and Charisma  ... Mark never owned Charisma 

Most professional riders do not own the horses they ride competitively. A critical professional skill is developing sponsors ;) 

• Like 1