Greasy Lake Community

Jessica going to the Olympics

Thanks. Is the order they jump in random or based on some qualifying criteria? Must be a big advantage in jumping last if all the fast rounds had jumping faults.

36 minutes ago, JimCT said:

Each course has a "maximum allowed" time. If you exceed that you get time faults as described before. So if the max allowed time is 55 seconds, and you take 1:12, you would get 5 FEI time faults while she would have only 4 jumping faults, and she'd beat you. It is the sum of faults for each rider, both jumping and time, that matters.

In my country the jumping is kind of tradition, I saw it frequently on national TV, so part of my upbringing. Loved pacing through the course and sprinting at the end to get under the max allowed time, but I never ever got over the jumping faults. Love a perfect course but for me personally it was always the horse to blame for the faults :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

No way. I thought it was the tottie from the gym. Although she hasn't seen the inside of a gym in a long time whoever she is.

Blimey!

What the hell's she done to you and aramuse?

She's not on show - her daughter is.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

Although she hasn't seen the inside of a gym in a long time whoever she is.

You pretty sums up the difference between Patti and Bruce. To quote Mike Appel:

"I mean he’s strong, he stays in shape, he’s disciplined. Underscore the word disciplined because that’s his greatest characteristic, that discipline. It’s endemic to his personality. He cannot be swayed very often off of his disciplines. Whether it be drinking, or whatever undisciplined behavior leads you into, he has disciplines that cover all those possibilities."

4 hours ago, JimCT said:

Each course has a "maximum allowed" time. If you exceed that you get time faults as described before. So if the max allowed time is 55 seconds, and you take 1:12, you would get 5 FEI time faults while she would have only 4 jumping faults, and she'd beat you. It is the sum of faults for each rider, both jumping and time, that matters.

Hopefully some kind soul will post Jessica's rides on u tube as im not sure if NZ has show jumpers going and then only the 3 day event will be on free to air tv here 

Back in the day the Olympics would be on all day and we would see other events NZ wasn't necessarily in, but its going to be 2 hours a night 

23 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

This will be the first time I ever care about event and will try to watch!

Looking at the times, I see a lot of dvr in your future ;) 

43 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

This will be the first time I ever care about event and will try to watch!

Now if only Sam or Evan were really really good cricket players .....:lol:

Edit i should add Jess in there because woman's cricket is awsome

On 7/7/2021 at 3:26 PM, Promise61 said:

No way. I thought it was the tottie from the gym. Although she hasn't seen the inside of a gym in a long time whoever she is.

and we all wait for promise61 to post a photo of him down the gym pumping weights and one of his 6 pack while drinking water which drips over his unshaven chisels chin then on to a under size vest with is ripped to pieces to mix with all the sweat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catfish said:

and we all wait for promise61 to post a photo of him down the gym pumping weights and one of his 6 pack while drinking water which drips over his unshaven chisels chin then on to a under size vest with is ripped to pieces to mix with all the sweat. 

I'm on it. Shall dig out an appropriate photo when I get home tonight.

On 7/10/2021 at 4:35 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

6 hours ago, catfish said:

As promised, here I am fresh from the gym.  I've just bench pressed 150 kgs and completed 10k on the treadmill.  Apologies for the pumped and veiny appearance, but I'm a dedicated athlete.  My glutes are rock solid and could crack walnuts, but not yet as it's still sweaty down there from my workout.

skinnybRPl9.jpg.57e99b26ab4e0421b73243717f0b3dd1.jpg 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, catfish said:

26 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

As promised, here I am fresh from the gym.  I've just bench pressed 150 kgs and completed 10k on the treadmill.  Apologies for the pumped and veiny appearance, but I'm a dedicated athlete.  My glutes are rock solid and could crack walnuts, but not yet as it's still sweaty down there from my workout.

I believe this is what is called being "Catfished" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

You should have put the picture in a spoiler box to avoid getting the ladies over excited.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Hmmmmm ???

:)

On 7/10/2021 at 4:35 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

2021-07-15_12-11-03_579.jpg.a32a0349629671dc522e6a297060d3c9.jpg

• Bruuuuce! 1

4 hours ago, AMIW said:

Fake news… actual pic of promise

7A9E0E1C-E827-42D4-9FED-9AE5583C21C9.jpeg

I put that on a site on the dark web. Amazed that you found it. Nice cropping, btw, as the bottom half is horrific.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2