Greasy Lake Community

Jessica going to the Olympics

Just now, gsquare said:

So is she a part of the team jumping later this week or is she done?

4 in the USA team but only 3 get to compete in the Team Finals. Depends if she gets picked. She got picked as one of the 3 to compete today so you never know, and she finished the best of the 3 Yankedoodles.  Check me out knowing about horses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Elbow said:

and she finished the best of the 3 Yankedoodles.

It would seem rough not to include her in the team, so hopefully she gets another shot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

It would seem rough not to include her in the team, so hopefully she gets another shot.

I agree. She rode well. McLain may come in - the Chef will talk to his riders and get their assessments of the horses, and make a decision before the start Friday, based on whatever cut-off time is established.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

image.thumb.png.eab700383cb280c44c4d9df668d32958.png

Her first olympics in a sport that has plenty of top arhletes who are ....well lets just say too old to play rugby 

Plenty of time for Jes

4 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Down to 31st place now. All the Americans are out.

Wellll....I mean...Wha'dya gonna do, eh?

3 hours ago, JoanFontaine said:

Screenshot_20210803-142458_Instagram.jpg

Peach Bellinis at 6 a.m… well…

Yes your honor, it was just two shots offered by a fan in the park… ;)

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, JudgeBrown said:

As I read how many of the sport's participants are the children of billionaires, I was thinking of the lyrics to Used Cars. What a difference a generation can make.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DaveNJ95 said:

As I read how many of the sport's participants are the children of billionaires, I was thinking of the lyrics to Used Cars. What a difference a generation can make.

Perhaps in the US

But in NZ a lot of kids from the middle even working classes  ride/own  horses and some progress to the highest level 

My high school catchment included the Otago peninsula which was rural so we had an equestrian team

Lots of my freinds were in pony club

I still remenber the names of their horses all these years latter 

As an adult I knew 2 ladies  who almost made the olympic squad and they were both shop assistants  

And money does not equate to talent - money certainly  helps 

Some of my suburban  freinds had to have part time jobs to help pay for their paddock fees 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaveNJ95 said:

Couldn't come up with many names, could they?  Even had to go back as far as 1976.

• Like 1

Just now, janeymarywendy said:

Yep, that's all I managed to see last night (I'm presuming it's Clare Balding etc as I can't open your link!).

Yeah - don't know why not working (!?) but YES - the "she lives in belgium but was Born in the USA" and when reporting that 3 British riders had made the final "Glory Days" and when it returned to the studio Clare Balding said the reporters name and that he was "Born to Pun"  (there were probably others) - the reporter did suggest that Jessica would get another chance in the team event (whether he knows that she is "in" or was just referring to the fact that there is a team event still to come and was assuming?........suspect the latter).  If she is inclined to stick at it she has many more years / opportunities to come - she is quite young in that game!

• Like 1