Greasy Lake Community

Anyone For Tennis?

Eileen

It was advantage to the other lass and she was on a roll so I turned over to another channel for a short while - turned back and she'd just won ... I missed it! :D

It was a great achievement, well done!

I wonder what would have happened if she'd lost the second set and Fernandez got the upper hand?  Sorry ... still got reservations regarding Emma's mental strength.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Eileen said:

It was advantage to the other lass and she was on a roll so I turned over to another channel for a short while - turned back and she'd just won ... I missed it! :D

It was a great achievement, well done!

I wonder what would have happened if she'd lost the second set and Fernandez got the upper hand?  Sorry ... still got reservations regarding Emma's mental strength.

That's quite funny Eileen, to express reservations about the mental strength of Raducanu at the same as telling us that you yourself turned to another tv channel the moment you thought her opponent was on a roll.

14 minutes ago, Archie Hunter said:

That's quite funny Eileen, to express reservations about the mental strength of Raducanu at the same as telling us that you yourself turned to another tv channel the moment you thought her opponent was on a roll.

I was watching football in-between times. 

However ... perhaps I feel worried for her precisely because I know what it's like to be in a stressful situation during a tennis match when you feel 'threatened'?

2nd from left ... school team. I also took part in bigger events. Those were the days! ;)

BGS 002.JPG

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, Eileen said:

I heard that Novak failed to get those records he so badly wants.

What a shame.

Was pretty sure he will complete the golden slam and emulate Steffi Graf. First Olympics loss and now this.. Did not expect the straight set defeat. 

38 minutes ago, balboa08 said:

Was pretty sure he will complete the golden slam and emulate Steffi Graf. First Olympics loss and now this.. Did not expect the straight set defeat. 

I don't care for him. I'll refrain from saying I hope he doesn't achieve it. Darn it ... I more or less have. ;)

I added a wink to the last one for those who think I meant it.

On 7/12/2021 at 10:58 AM, bdw said:

I thought Ocker was pretty much the Australian equivalent of chav? Maybe not quite so insulting but not a term of endearment like larrikin.

Ocker is not insulting i promise 

i wouldn't use it here on greasy lake if it were :)

never heard of chav - perhaps just as well 

On 9/12/2021 at 10:53 AM, Born To Walk said:

Perhaps not for long.

its nice to have an English soorts player i can quite like and wish well 

notice its in a sport NZ hardly excels in :D

(well i do have Sir Lewis;)