Greasy Lake Community

BBC R2 (UK) w/c 12 July (11th for traditionalists) - Bruce on the breakfast show

• bdw changed the title to BBC R2 (UK) w/c 13 July - Bruce on the breakfast show
Just now, Born To Walk said:

A limited run of Springsteen On Ealing Broadway to be announced, preceded by a warm run of Springsteen In Sunny Morpeth.

Now then, I can get to THAT one (no, not sunny Morpeth - although it's not impossible :lol:).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11514691

That meme is giving me terribly  unhappy childhod flash backs of a visit to the bank 

1 hour ago, Eileen said:

Does next week not commence on the 12th?

Monday doesn't count - Boris has given us all a day off.

Nicola will give the Scots a week off if Italy win :D

• Haha 2

• bdw changed the title to BBC R2 (UK) w/c 12 July (11th for traditionalists) - Bruce on the breakfast show
3 hours ago, bdw said:

The breakfast show host signed off today with news that her guests next week included Bruce Springsteen. Any ideas why?

Maybe SOB is coming to the West End. Although, then it would be SITWE. 

27 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Maybe SOB is coming to the West End. Although, then it would be SITWE. 

Honestly, and this comment may come back to haunt me, but I cannot think of anything else noteworthy here that would be under consideration. Bruce simply doesn't just do interviews for the sake of it. We know that they're not extending this latest run of SoB. Previous history says that he'd only promote a new product (e.g. a USA boxset) upon release. 

Launching SITWE on a national radio station - the most popular breakfast show out there - makes sense to me. So, like I said, I'm fully expecting to be wrong. I'll let the insiders starting their mocking now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nick21 said:

I'll let the insiders starting their mocking now. 

As if. :)

You mean he's NOT coming to Sunny Morpeth? Awww ....

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Nick21 said:

Honestly, and this comment may come back to haunt me, but I cannot think of anything else noteworthy here that would be under consideration

I agree this does seem like a possibility something UK specific.  I can't see any reason why he would launch a boxset or other product from London.  

• Like 1

SOB is still on next week so he'll be in the US?

I can't see Bruce getting up early enough/staying up late enough to do the UK radio show live from the US and a pre-recorded item is unlikely to be a couple of songs without some product to sell - what would be the point?

Oh, Gawd - what if he's written another children's book?

16 minutes ago, bdw said:

The Obama podcast thing didn't get much publicity here - maybe Spotify have sold it to the BBC and he's pushing that?

Given how much Spotify presumably paid for it, I'd be stunned if they sold sub-licence rights. Same as Netflix sharing the original Broadway video around to broadcasters. 

20 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Mebbies he's got a garden full of flowers that attract bees?

Yes, I pay attention sometimes.

It's not a garden, it's a working farm - tax breaks are available for such things ;)

"How many head of livestock are you claiming for?

Well there's about five thousand in each hive and twenty hives so..."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick21 said:

I'll let the insiders starting their mocking now. 

That's why I dressed the theory up as a joke about Ealing Broadway and Sunny Morpeth :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

That's why I dressed the theory up as a joke about Ealing Broadway and Sunny Morpeth :P

I may change my theory to Springsteen in the West Pier, Brighton, then! 

I don't want to be responsible for this speculative theory growing too many legs, but (there's always a but) The London Palladium appears to be free through December and January.

image.png.bf4f87eedaf0fc56f7ad36f8f0d1416d.png 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

9 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I don't want to be responsible for this speculative theory growing too many legs, but (there's always a but) The London Palladium appears to be free through December and January.

image.png.bf4f87eedaf0fc56f7ad36f8f0d1416d.png 

Is that the place where one rattles one's jewellery? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Promise61 said:

Is that the place where one rattles one's jewellery? 

Unless they're in the cheap seats, in which case they are allowed to just clap their hands.

• Haha 1