Greasy Lake Community

BBC R2 (UK) w/c 12 July (11th for traditionalists) - Bruce on the breakfast show

Surely any news of this magnitude can only be released at 3pm on a Wednesday afternoon,  none of this early morning breakfast show malarkey. 

if you know, you know! :ph34r:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Good luck with telling a pantomime audience to keep quiet.

I don't think his favoured method of asking would go down very well.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Unless they're in the cheap seats, in which case they are allowed to just clap their hands.

At Bruce's prices it'll be jewellery rattling then.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

At Bruce's prices it'll be jewellery rattling then.

The 'rattle your jewelry' line was actually at the Prince Of Wales Theatre, but I didn't want to spoil the joke.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, bdw said:

The breakfast show host signed off today with news that her guests next week included Bruce Springsteen. Any ideas why?

who is the breakfast show host? Zoe?

45 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

The interview could be 99% Zoe, 1% Bruce

Bet she asks him about the football.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

From the BBC website

Bruce Springsteen

The Zoe Ball Breakfast Show

Bruce Springsteen, The Boss, chats to Zoe about his latest series of shows for BBC Radio 2. From My Home To Yours is recorded at Bruce's home in New Jersey in the USA and features records from the Boss’ own collection. Each of the hour long programmes are themed and feature collections of songs to do with the radio, with the relationship between bands and their fans, with lawyers, guns & money and a special mix after a hard working week. The original four-part series ran from through July into August 2020 and in that first series, he had one show dedicated to cars, one to songs that reflected life in lockdown and another where he was joined by his wife and bandmate Patti Scialfa. Since releasing his debut Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J. in 1972, Bruce Springsteen has released 20 studio albums, many of with his backing band, the E Street Band. His first major brush with fame came with the release of his third album Born to Run in 1975, which received wide spread critical acclaim and sold some 6 million copies. He has sold more than 150 million records worldwide and more than 64 million albums in the United States, making him one of the world's best-selling music artists. He has earned numerous awards for his work, including 20 Grammy Awards, two Golden Globes, an Academy Award and a Tony Award.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, bigbonesbilly said:

From the BBC website

Bruce Springsteen

The Zoe Ball Breakfast Show

Bruce Springsteen, The Boss, chats to Zoe about his latest series of shows for BBC Radio 2. From My Home To Yours is recorded at Bruce's home in New Jersey in the USA and features records from the Boss’ own collection. Each of the hour long programmes are themed and feature collections of songs to do with the radio, with the relationship between bands and their fans, with lawyers, guns & money and a special mix after a hard working week. The original four-part series ran from through July into August 2020 and in that first series, he had one show dedicated to cars, one to songs that reflected life in lockdown and another where he was joined by his wife and bandmate Patti Scialfa. Since releasing his debut Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J. in 1972, Bruce Springsteen has released 20 studio albums, many of with his backing band, the E Street Band. His first major brush with fame came with the release of his third album Born to Run in 1975, which received wide spread critical acclaim and sold some 6 million copies. He has sold more than 150 million records worldwide and more than 64 million albums in the United States, making him one of the world's best-selling music artists. He has earned numerous awards for his work, including 20 Grammy Awards, two Golden Globes, an Academy Award and a Tony Award.

Tnx.

Well, that largely answers that. 

I find her presenting style totally annoying so I wasn't going to listen anyway, but it's nice to have it clarified. It'll be Bruce promoting Bruce and ZB lavishing legendary status upon him in spades.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If I've managed to stay awake (oh I could have listened to it on the iPlayer) I've not listened for long.  He sounds a little tipsy or bewildered at the start and it doesn't improve. 

Good to know that others are enjoying his choice of music.

That show did cross my mind but, as it's been going for ages now, I dismissed it.

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

Tnx.

Well, that largely answers that. 

I find her presenting style totally annoying so I wasn't going to listen anyway, but it's nice to have it clarified. It'll be Bruce promoting Bruce and ZB lavishing legendary status upon him in spades.

Totally agree about Zoe Ball. She is so over the top enthusiastic / gushing about every guest, it just comes across as fake. Bit like Chris Evans.

Probably just me being a miserable sod!

Give me Karl Pilkington or Jack Dee any day of the week!

• Like 1

That's a bit odd. As Eileen said, that show has been going for nearly a year and I think the BBC put out an edited down version quite late at night.

Maybe he thinks it's an easy way to stay visible to his audience so it's easier to spark interest when he does have a tour/album to sell?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Promise61 said:

I find her presenting style totally annoying

Radio2 only any good when Ken Bruce takes over, I am perhaps old fashioned but i always thought  radio2 was about playing music not so much of the annoying chat you get on zoe balls show radio is so rubbish nowadays, if you want to listen to chat 5live and the other bbc radio stations are available

• Like 1

I stumbled over Chris Evans on Virgin Radio so listened to that for a while but grew tired of all the back-slapping, jobs for the boys and prattle/guests that Evans gushed over. Zoe Ball is not quite so annoying but the endless super this and gorgeous that is tiresome.

Liza Tarbuck, Saturdays at 6, is hilarious!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mariasbed said:

Totally agree about Zoe Ball. She is so over the top enthusiastic / gushing about every guest, it just comes across as fake. Bit like Chris Evans.

Probably just me being a miserable sod!

Give me Karl Pilkington or Jack Dee any day of the week!

I can cope with her for about 20 seconds.

4 minutes ago, jmw said:

I can cope with her for about 20 seconds.

That's 20 seconds longer than I can listen to Vanessa Feltz, not that I ever have to be awake that early any more.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

That's 20 seconds longer than I can listen to Vanessa Feltz, not that I ever have to be awake that early any more.

Sorry, not really keen on most of the ladies on radio 2, I like Claudia.