Greasy Lake Community

Not everything was better on 78

nb it is not a typo in the heading.

Found this old record in one of the sheds. It's not my cup of meat.

Was Bruce a big fan of "musical comedy" or was it a coincidence that he came up with the same title?IMG_20210709_115212.thumb.jpg.383ca21516e52f87634cf914aa3dcd3f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

A quick google search produced these results for Dancing in the Dark (it’s not unique to Bruce by any means):

Search results for 'dancing in the dark'

Yee yee! We've found 142,966 lyrics, 78artists, and 49 albums matching dancing in the dark.

• Haha 1

The Eels lost the 1978 semifinal replay in a match rife with controversial refereeing decisions, which purportedly had links to some large bets on the outcome.

No, everything wasn’t better in ‘78.

I'd say it's at least an even chance that's where he got the title from.  He's got a long history of borrowing titles, whether the material is related or not... Thunder Road, Badlands, Wreck on the Highway, Mansion on the Hill, etc etc..

In the English language, the expression "Dancing In The Dark", has it something to do with shagging or it does it mean more something like "living a dangerous, adventurous life as if tomorrow doesn't exit; it's like living on the edge", or it more some sort of outcry?

1 hour ago, el sergio said:

In the English language, the expression "Dancing In The Dark", has it something to do with shagging or it does it mean more something like "living a dangerous, adventurous life as if tomorrow doesn't exit; it's like living on the edge", or it more some sort of outcry?

I honestly don't think it's a really common saying in English...when the song came out I'd never heard the phrase before.   I didn't know the old song at that time, but now, knowing Bruce's habit of borrowing titles from old songs and movies, I think that's probably where he got it from.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

I'd say it's at least an even chance that's where he got the title from.  He's got a long history of borrowing titles, whether the material is related or not... Thunder Road, Badlands, Wreck on the Highway, Mansion on the Hill, etc etc..

And Born In The U.S.A.....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, el sergio said:

its about shagging when your under 30 years of age and living a adventurous life when your over 30 .  

• Like 1