Greasy Lake Community

Bruce covering "Vindaloo"?

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Read about this on BTX the other day, but the thread didn't get any traction, and it really intrigued me. 

So, did this happen? And if so where and when, and where can I find the audio? This would be a perfect listen in preparation for football coming home tomorrow.

Cheers!

By “football”, you really meant to say “soccer”, right?B)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Bruce Springsteen & The ESB playing Waterloo as opening song the next show in Sweden, now that could be something.

First thing i thought off but my pick  would be one of their darker numbers like the day before you came or under attack - im only a casual fan so there must be more dark ones especially in their latter work when they were falling apart 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Bruce Springsteen & The ESB playing Waterloo as opening song the next show in Sweden, now that could be something.

7 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

This is not going the way I was hoping. 

• Love Love Love! 1

15 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Something more then:

Googling 'Vindaloo' I got this as (first) result [in Dutch language]: 'How to make the best Vindaloo (Indian Curry).'

Further searching reveals it is a song by Fat Les. I played the video of the song (which I never heard of) and after less then a minute both my eyes and my ears cried for mercy. So I stopped the video.

No mention of Vindaloo on Brucebase.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

You've been here long enough to know better than that :lol:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

First thing i thought off but my pick  would be one of their darker numbers like the day before you came or under attack 

Yes indeed, also showing the Swedish audience Bruce gave it some thought and not randomly choose Waterloo or another too obvious choice but a more deeper cut (which would, being in Sweden, still be a song everyone in the audiece knows).

• Bruuuuce! 1

4 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Yes indeed, also showing the Swedish audience Bruce gave it some thought and not randomly choose Waterloo or another too obvious choice but a more deeper cut (which would, being in Sweden, still be a song everyone in the audiece knows).

Dum Dum Diddle

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

This, along with the post about Jimmy James overthinking Bruce lyrics are my favourite posts this week :lol:

10 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

This, along with the post about Jimmy James overthinking Bruce lyrics are my favourite posts this week :lol:

So what's next? You posting you listened to the banjo album and enjoyed it?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Lampi said:

So what's next? You posting you listened to the banjo album and enjoyed it?

....well its due for its biannual playing but we don't currently have enough hard liquor in this house to guarantee I'll enjoy it !

15 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I can't even remember how it goes, which I suspect is a good thing!

It's a horrible song that sounds aggressive and reminiscent of the hooligan element that we hoped had been stamped out.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Well you could have posted this over in the other forum, someone would respond in the next 2 or 3 days.;)

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Read about this on BTX the other day, but the thread didn't get any traction, and it really intrigued me. 

So, did this happen? And if so where and when, and where can I find the audio? This would be a perfect listen in preparation for football coming home tomorrow.

Cheers!

Probably someone was drunk and thought the "na na na..." of "Land of a 1000 Dances" used in "Light of Day" was from this "Vindaloo"-song.

2 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Responses would have been helpful too. 

Go on then - add it over there and let's see.

But you chose here cos you knew you'd get some comical answers. Sometimes, comedy's just what's needed.

• Like 1