Greasy Lake Community

Sways/Waves makes LA Times

2 minutes ago, stillilllife said:

No, there's a (short) s sound at the end. It does sound like he sings "Mary dress sways" though, without the s after Mary, but that's probably because of the isolation technique I used not being perfect. The important thing here is that there's no v sound (as in waves) in the last word of the clip.

I/the folk who love the idea of 'waves' know he usually sings sways. Our heart tells us it should be 'waves'. Proof or logic doesn't enter into it. :)

• Like 1

Just now, Eileen said:

I/the folk who love the idea of 'waves' know he usually sings sways. Our heart tells us it should be 'waves'. Proof or logic doesn't enter into it. :)

So you agree that he definitely sings sways on the album but in your heart it's waves? : )

• Like 1

Just now, stillilllife said:

So you agree that he definitely sings sways on the album but in your heart it's waves? : )

I've even got that in my profile. ;)

• Like 1

Although the BTR vinyl and CD lyric sheets consistently say “waves”, I’ve just discovered that the Live 75-85 lyric booklet says “sways”. Never noticed that before! I learned it as “waves” and that’s what I shall probably continue to hear and sing it as.
Even if I’m wrong …:D

• Bruuuuce! 2

Look at his lips when he’s saying THE word. If it is ”waves”, he would have to make the v sound and you would see that. If it is ”sways” the mouth should stay open where he sings the ”..ay..” part.. simple as that :D

10 hours ago, Eileen said:

I've even got that in my profile. ;)

Just going to check what mine says ...

Im sticking with sways 

But now im confused 

A few days ago i was perfectly happy singing sways ....hmmmm

I mean a flag waves in the breeze 

Washing (which can include dresses) doesn't sway on the line 

Im not happy

Its like finding out one and one might not equal two any more

4 minutes ago, stillilllife said:

There's no v sound in the clip.

There's no 's' either at the end ... cos it's chopped off. I'd bet my bottom dollar that he sings 'waves'.

• Love Love Love! 1