Greasy Lake Community

The Official NFL 2021 thread

burghfan

I just saw on ESPN that 2 teams are still under 50% vaccinated, Washington and the Indianapolis Colts of @Jimmy James.

The Steelers are among the top 3 teams with the highest percentage vaccinated.

In news that isn't all that uncommon an NFL player has been involved in a domestic dispute.  The player is Dwayne Haskins of the Pittsburgh Steelers.  What makes this one different is that the player was the one that was attacked, not the one attacking.

Pittsburgh Steelers' Dwayne Haskins injured by wife, who faces a domestic violence charge, reports say

I saw that Tom Brady played last season with a torn MCL and was never on the injury report.  I wonder if the NFL office will have a talk with Tampa and how the injury report works.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 4:54 PM, Jimmy James said:

image.thumb.png.949769d7d74f95707a5877d80d20b518.png

I guess the question is will Wentz be the starter week 1 or will the injury keep him out?

• Sad 1

On 7/31/2021 at 4:34 PM, burghfan said:

I guess the question is will Wentz be the starter week 1 or will the injury keep him out?

Just saw that he is going to have surgery on his foot on Monday.  He will be out 5 - 12 weeks.

14 minutes ago, burghfan said:

Just saw that he is going to have surgery on his foot on Monday.  He will be out 5 - 12 weeks.

Seen that this morning. Eason will be ready! Keep in mind top 2 O-line, top 3 running game. And top 10 defense! 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Fuck Covid, The Colts have a Foot problem. Nelson out now with a foot. 

So Wentz must really have some leadership ability.  The O-line are going down with the same injury that he has.

• Sad 1

The preseason started tonight with the Steelers beating the Cowboys in the HOF game.  They also beat the Cowboys, and the other 30 teams, with the number of new HOF members being inducted.

Quite a collection of talent inducted this weekend.  But was disappointed they didn't show the ceremonies for those inductees no longer with us, particularly Bill Nunn.  Found his ceremony here.

Bill Nunn enshrined as member of Pro Football Hall of Fame

Bill and 4 other Steelers were inducted so lots of black and gold on display.  But I got another extra remembrance.  Jim Covert of the Bears, in his speech, gave a shout-out to the late Joe Moore who was his line coach during his collage days at Pitt.  Before going to Pitt, Coach Moore was hired by my high school to coach our football team and turned around a mediocre-at-best program into what would become one of the powers of Western PA football.  That legacy continues to this day.

On 8/3/2021 at 3:19 PM, Jimmy James said:

Fuck Covid, The Colts have a Foot problem. Nelson out now with a foot. 

I saw on ESPN that both Wentz and Nelson are trending towards being ready for week 1.

3 minutes ago, burghfan said:

I saw on ESPN that both Wentz and Nelson are trending towards being ready for week 1.

Great news, we need Nelson way more than Wentz. I'm kind of hoping Wentz can't go first week out. Like to see Eason given a shot, I see nothing but upside with this dude! 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, burghfan said:

Colts have 3 players added to the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Indianapolis Colts' Carson Wentz, Ryan Kelly, Zach Pascal placed on reserve/COVID-19 list

They were placed on the list for being a close contact of a staff member who tested positive meaning that they are not vaccinated.

Why do you keep picking on my Colts! 

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Why do you keep picking on my Colts! 

I'm not the one who has been causing their injuries or giving them the virus or telling them not to get vaccinated so they have to isolate when they are a close contact.

Blame ESPN, that is where I have been seeing the news.  I have just been passing the bad news along.

38 minutes ago, JudgeBrown said:

Door #3, Monty.

Wentz and the others can return in five days if they continue to have negative tests and remain asymptomatic.  So there is still a chance that door #3 is not needed.  There is also the chance that door #3 could be something entirely different.

2 hours ago, JudgeBrown said:

Door #3, Monty.

2 hours ago, burghfan said:

Wentz and the others can return in five days if they continue to have negative tests and remain asymptomatic.  So there is still a chance that door #3 is not needed.  There is also the chance that door #3 could be something entirely different.

I predict Eason will be the starter by week 4.