Greasy Lake Community

The Official NFL 2021 thread

burghfan

The Baltimore Ravens have lost their 1st and 3rd string RB's for the season.  One was injured in the last preseason game, the other last Thursday.

Today there are reports that they have added Le'Veon Bell to their practice squad.

3 hours ago, Johan14Cruyff said:

Anybody do fantasy football? Got projected to come 12th in my league, totally pissed on my chips.

I don't.  I don't want to pull for anybody that I don't like, or plays for a team I don't like, just because it would help my fantasy team.

There were 2 things that happened today that are good for the Steelers.

Pittsburgh Steelers' T.J. Watt agrees to a 4-year, $112 million extension, source says

The other good thing is that one of their division rivals had more bad injury luck today.

Baltimore Ravens fear RB Gus Edwards, CB Marcus Peters have torn ACLs, sources say

Below is from the article - not good when you have one of the most run heavy offenses in the NFL.

Ty'Son Williams, a practice player from a year ago who doesn't have an NFL carry, becomes the Ravens' lead back. The other two running backs on the roster -- Trenton Cannon and Le'Veon Bell (practice squad) -- only started practicing with the Ravens on Wednesday.

The Ravens are also signing free-agent running back Devonta Freeman to their practice squad on Thursday, his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, told Schefter. It is expected that Freeman will be promoted to the active roster.

The Steelers survived a shaky 1st half to come back and pick up a win in Buffalo.

The 49'ers looked really good early, Ning may have been hiding during the 4th quarter.

JJ is still waiting on the Colts to win their 1st game.

Cleveland looked good in the 1st half, then the Browns started doing Browns things in the 2nd half in their loss to the Chiefs.

The Giants were stupid.

1 hour ago, burghfan said:

The Steelers survived a shaky 1st half to come back and pick up a win in Buffalo.

The 49'ers looked really good early, Ning may have been hiding during the 4th quarter.

Cleveland looked good in the 1st half, then the Browns started doing Browns things in the 2nd half in their loss to the Chiefs.

The Giants were stupid.

Ning and I were occupied stressing the Giants' attempt (successful!) to sweep the Cubs.  Magic number to clinch a playoff spot is 1.

2 hours ago, burghfan said:

The Giants were stupid.

Only game 1. We lost the first game last year also, made playoffs

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Only game 1. We lost the first game last year also, made playoffs

And the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that.

This is the 8th year in a row the Colts lost in week 1.

9 hours ago, burghfan said:

And the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that.

This is the 8th year in a row the Colts lost in week 1.

I didn't realize that!