Greasy Lake Community

The Official NFL 2021 thread

burghfan

The Bears are a bit pathetic so far, I was listening on my way back to school with the hope that it would be more fun and less argumentive than my podcasts, but I tuned in JIT for Dalton losing the ball mid-sack: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/09/12/rams-bears-game-score/#link-HTXY62WLT5CKRGSTCQ3PJHKDTU

Ouch. Hopefully the Hoosiers stand their own this weekend, first fball game for me since 2019 :) 

• Bruuuuce! 1

The Steelers started the game without 2 starters on D, 1 CB & 1 ILB.  In the first half they lost an interior DL and an OLB.  Missing that many players showed in the 2nd half when they couldn't stop the Raiders.  I would 3 of the 4 may be able to play next week, but the DL has a broken ankle so he will be out for a while.  Next up for them the Bengals come to town.

Thanks to @AMIW for the reminder.  Zach Wilson, the Jets rookie QB who they took with the 2nd overall pick had 4 picks in his 1st 10 passes today.  He did get better as the game went along as he finished 19/33 but didn't have a TD pass.

How long before the Ryan Leaf comparisons start?

1 hour ago, burghfan said:

It was a tough week for @Jimmy James and the Colts, they lost and Wentz was lost for the game with an ankle injury in the 4th quarter.  JJ may say Wentz getting hurt may be a good thing as it will allow Eason to play in his place.

Didn't get to watch the game, as I had a ton of yard work to do, because vacation next week. Will have read the summary. 

My Sunday night just ended with a great result.

55 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Didn't get to watch the game, as I had a ton of yard work to do, because vacation next week. Will have read the summary. 

My Sunday night just ended with a great result.

The end of my Sunday Night Game sucked monkey balls.

7 hours ago, burghfan said:

The Steelers started the game without 2 starters on D, 1 CB & 1 ILB.  In the first half they lost an interior DL and an OLB.  Missing that many players showed in the 2nd half when they couldn't stop the Raiders.  I would 3 of the 4 may be able to play next week, but the DL has a broken ankle so he will be out for a while.  Next up for them the Bengals come to town.

This result was no surprise for me.  Ben is now 2-6 lifetime against the Raiders, a team that has hardly been a power over the past decade or so.  Major example of my Tomlin hatred.

In week 1 the 49'ers lost their starting RB for the year.

In week 2 the 49'ers lost 3 more running backs, 1st hurt his shoulder, 2nd had an ankle, and 3rd was a concussion.  They then had a RB they had signed off the Ravens practice squad come in for a carry before the 1st RB was able to re-enter the game.

You know it is bad when you have a RB from the Ravens practice squad in the game as the Ravens have had several RBs go down and are thin there.

I didn't see the game, or any highlights, so I don't know if San Fran wore their red jerseys but it would be fitting in a Star Trek kind of way if they did.