Greasy Lake Community

The Official NFL 2021 thread

burghfan

CBS Sports has an article that is pretty brutal, but accurate, in its take on the Steelers.  The short passing game worked and was great until it wasn't, and they haven't changed it up enough by adding medium and deep passing or a running game to open the short passing game back up.

Below is from the article.

Bottom line, the Steelers have played eight games since their unbeaten streak was snapped last December; they are 2-6 in those games and have the NFL's worst rushing attack. Roethlisberger is 238-for-375 in that span (63%) for 2,305 yards (just 6.15 yards per attempt), with 15 touchdown passes, a staggering 11 interceptions and a lowly QB rating of 81.69.

The more beat up he gets, the worse this will get. Something needs to change. We said in this space last December the Steelers needed a new starting quarterback, and them punting on pursuing a true upgrade is already problematic. The reality is, though, that at this point even going to either backup could be a step up.

35 minutes ago, burghfan said:

CBS Sports has an article that is pretty brutal, but accurate, in its take on the Steelers.  The short passing game worked and was great until it wasn't, and they haven't changed it up enough by adding medium and deep passing or a running game to open the short passing game back up.

Below is from the article.

Bottom line, the Steelers have played eight games since their unbeaten streak was snapped last December; they are 2-6 in those games and have the NFL's worst rushing attack. Roethlisberger is 238-for-375 in that span (63%) for 2,305 yards (just 6.15 yards per attempt), with 15 touchdown passes, a staggering 11 interceptions and a lowly QB rating of 81.69.

The more beat up he gets, the worse this will get. Something needs to change. We said in this space last December the Steelers needed a new starting quarterback, and them punting on pursuing a true upgrade is already problematic. The reality is, though, that at this point even going to either backup could be a step up.

Ben or no Ben, I look at their schedule and I honestly don't see more than 3 additional wins in their future.  And they won't beat anyone on the road.

52 minutes ago, Tenthavenuefreezeout said:

Well. in China people who watches NFL think BB is overrated and Mac Jones is not the answer. in America . people still think BB is the greatest coach. and Mac Jones is amazing.

Interesting.

Maybe in New England people think BB is the greatest coach ever but I don't think that would be true in other parts of the country.

Western PA - Chuck Knoll

Texas - Tom Landry

San Francisco - Bill Walsh

Green Bay - Vince Lombardi

Miami - Don Shula

Washington DC - Joe Gibbs

I don't recall any of the coaches I mentioned above being caught cheating like BB and his team were, multiple times.

30 minutes ago, burghfan said:

Maybe in New England people think BB is the greatest coach ever but I don't think that would be true in other parts of the country.

Western PA - Chuck Knoll

Texas - Tom Landry

Miami - Don Shula

I don't recall any of the coaches I mentioned above being caught cheating like BB and his team were, multiple times.

New York - Bill Parcells 

29 minutes ago, burghfan said:

Western PA - Chuck Knoll

Texas - Tom Landry

Miami - Don Shula

well.people hate BB TB and Patriots.

Greenbay thinks Rogers goat.

CA still thinks Montana goat.

they know it but they won't admit it.

BB have 8 rings for godsake

Just now, Tenthavenuefreezeout said:

well.people hate BB TB and Patriots.

Greenbay thinks Rogers goat.

CA still thinks Montana goat.

they know it but they won't admit it.

BB have 8 rings for godsake

I love Joe Montana with every fiber in my being but I (quite painfully) believe Brady is the greatest QB of all time.  Although the game has changed so much over the years, comparisons are never precise.

Belichick was 36-44 in the 5 years that he was the head coach of the Cleveland Browns.  The Browns made the playoffs in 1 of the 5 years.

Brady & Belichick have the 1st 3 Super Bowl wins tarnished by SpyGate.

Another one has a stain on it from DeflateGate.

Yet another one the Super Bowl MVP was suspended for several games that season for filing a drug test for PEDs.  The player who failed the test worked out at Brady's gym.

So out of the 6 that they won together in New England either 4 or 5 came in a season in that they, or somebody on the team, cheated.  So they have 1 title, maybe 2 that shouldn't have an * beside it.

I don't recall what year, but it was within the last 5 or so, that NE was caught taping I think the Bengals when they weren't allowed, or maybe from where they weren't allowed.  I'm pretty sure that it came out that it happened more than just that game.

And I won't go into the antics of the owner looking for fairy tale endings.

5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

OK, young Tenth' lets see how the season plays out now. It's confirmed Brady doesn't need Bill Belichick, but does Belichick need Tom Brady? 

Belichick says, "you can call almost every play" the #Bucs run because it's so similar to what the #Patriots did with Brady.

I am so hyped for this game.

This is likeBB saying'I've made you. do you think I can't destroy you?'

Master plan coming for Tom Brady this Sunday.

On 9/29/2021 at 2:09 PM, Jimmy James said:

OK, young Tenth' lets see how the season plays out now. It's confirmed Brady doesn't need Bill Belichick, but does Belichick need Tom Brady? 

I somehow skipped over this a couple days ago.

His results in Cleveland would suggest that he does.

• Like 1