Greasy Lake Community

The Official NFL 2021 thread

burghfan

3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Always have to put the dagger in, don't you! 

Hey, I think there have been a couple posts with no dagger, so not always, just often.

3 minutes ago, burghfan said:

Hey, I think there have been a couple posts with no dagger, so not always, just often.

I switched my avatar to support my club a bit more. As Man City will win by May anyway. Cardinals are one and done!   

4 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I switched my avatar to support my club a bit more. As Man City will win by May anyway. Cardinals are one and done!   

Not to go off topic, but one advantage the Cards have is they know that they are locked into the 2nd wild card spot and can rest players, if needed, and get the rotation set up for the playoffs.  The stinkin' Dodgers are still trying to catch the Giants so are going all out.  The best thing for the Cardinals would be in San Fran doesn't clinch until the last day of the season, JB would not like that, not even a little bit, well OK maybe a little since they still won the division.

9 minutes ago, burghfan said:

Not to go off topic, but one advantage the Cards have is they know that they are locked into the 2nd wild card spot and can rest players, if needed, and get the rotation set up for the playoffs.  The stinkin' Dodgers are still trying to catch the Giants so are going all out.  The best thing for the Cardinals would be in San Fran doesn't clinch until the last day of the season, JB would not like that, not even a little bit, well OK maybe a little since they still won the division.

It really doesn't matter. Still one and done. As hot as the Cardinals have been, rest is not what they need. Cards have Wainwright ready/set up for the buy in game. That's how weak this club is!

5 hours ago, burghfan said:

Clinching tonight would be best.

4 hours ago, Tenthavenuefreezeout said:

why NFL records normally don't include post season , WTF?

Not all teams make the playoffs, wouldn't be fair for example to add the passing yards and completions that Mahomes would have in 3 playoff games to his regular season totals and compare those to somebody who only played 16 games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, burghfan said:

Not all teams make the playoffs, wouldn't be fair for example to add the passing yards and completions that Mahomes would have in 3 playoff games to his regular season totals and compare those to somebody who only played 16 games.

yeah.but that's when you count season yards .

when you count total yards .I think they should include post season .as all time records

In the early games the Jets pick up their first win of the year in OT over the Titans, the New York Football Giants also win in OT beating the Saints.  I would think this has to be the 1st time in a while that both NY teams won the same week.

The Colts were also among the teams that picked up their 1st win of the season beating the Dolphins on the road.

There are 2 teams that are winless - Detroit and Jacksonville.

The Rams are the only unbeaten team, but that could change as they are playing the Cardinals now.

5 minutes ago, burghfan said:

In the early games the Jets pick up their first win of the year in OT over the Titans, the New York Football Giants also win in OT beating the Saints.  I would think this has to be the 1st time in a while that both NY teams won the same week.

The Colts were also among the teams that picked up their 1st win of the season beating the Dolphins on the road.

There are 2 teams that are winless - Detroit and Jacksonville.

The Rams are the only unbeaten team, but that could change as they are playing the Cardinals now.

Denver, Vegas and Ariz also unbeaten......

Glad my second favourite Saleh got the win.

People starting to wake up on Kyler & the Cardz. 9ers are cursed. Almost perfect defensive display first half, then injuries & special teams totally fucked us.

@Jimmy James - I think a few pages ago you were saying wentz would be benched/not starting by week 4, are you still ready to bench Wentz since he lead the Colts to a win? 

Note - the Dolphins started a backup QB.

The Steelers O-line looked better this week, Ben at least had a little time to throw and wasn't getting hit/knocked down virtually every time that he dropped back.  Ben sailed a few passes that missed guys that were open, then threw an ill-advised pass that was picked off to seal the loss.

It may be time to see what QB's are supposed to be 1st round picks in the next draft and watching/scouting some of their games.

30 minutes ago, burghfan said:

@Jimmy James - I think a few pages ago you were saying wentz would be benched/not starting by week 4, are you still ready to bench Wentz since he lead the Colts to a win? 

Note - the Dolphins started a backup QB.

I just think the kid is ready, and shouldn't delay his progress any longer. If Wentz wins, let's go.

1 hour ago, Johan14Cruyff said:

Glad my second favourite Saleh got the win.

People starting to wake up on Kyler & the Cardz. 9ers are cursed. Almost perfect defensive display first half, then injuries & special teams totally fucked us.

Happily I was watching the Giants so did not see that crapshow.

50 minutes ago, Tenthavenuefreezeout said:

looks like NE can win this match

Brady looks like he is afraid of Belichick .He overthrows so many balls tonight.

It is 59 and raining at the stadium, that is cold and wet for 44 year old bones.  Add in that the NE rush has hit and sacked him a few times and the 1st half is the kind of game that he has.

The Ravens had 97 yards rushing when they got the ball back with 3 seconds left in the game and they were up 23-7.  They chose to run the ball instead of taking a knee.  The play was good for 5 yards and allowed them to extend their streak of consecutive 100 yard rushing games.  I hope that the next time, maybe several, that they are in the victory formation that the D fires off and puts the O on their butts.

6 minutes ago, VABOSSFAN said:

So was there really a rain delay tonight for a game played in a dome? :lol:

Nope, lightning delay.

I have been at work during many thunderstorms, never got to stop working until they were over.

• Like 1