Greasy Lake Community

The Official NFL 2021 thread

burghfan

19 minutes ago, burghfan said:

Nope, lightning delay.

I have been at work during many thunderstorms, never got to stop working until they were over.

Ahh thanks for the clarification….That stadium only cost $5 billion….You’d think they would have thought of completely closing the ends.

• Like 1

The 49'ers will be starting their rookie QB this week against the 4-0 Arizona Cardinals since Jimmy G is dealing with a calf injury and has been ruled out.

@JudgeBrown will be by to comment once the Giants have won the world Series or been knocked out of the playoffs.

• Like 1

There may be some good news for the Pittsburgh Steelers.  Teddy Bridgewater still has to clear the concussion protocol to start against them this week.  Then next week the Steelers play the Seahawks who lost QB Russell Wilson for 4-8 weeks last night.

2 hours ago, burghfan said:

The 49'ers will be starting their rookie QB this week against the 4-0 Arizona Cardinals since Jimmy G is dealing with a calf injury and has been ruled out.

@JudgeBrown will be by to comment once the Giants have won the world Series or been knocked out of the playoffs.

Football started?

The Steelers picked up a win today against Denver.  They started well and then had to hang on to get the win.

The Packers and Bengals might be looking for new kickers this week.  Their current, maybe former, kickers combined to miss 5 field goals in a row at the end of the 4th and in OT.  The one that made me laugh was the one that looked good most of the way then faded just wide left that the Bengals celebrated thinking it was good and they won the game.  It wasn't good and they didn't win the game.

Cleveland had a 27-21 lead at the end of the 3rd quarter and scored 2 more touchdowns in the 4th which you would think would be enough for the win but it wasn't as the Chargers scored 4 touchdowns in the 4th to get the win.

The New York Football Giants lost again, this time to the Cowboys.  7 of the 11 week 1 starters on offense are now injured so it isn't looking great for them.

The Colts will have a lot more fans than normal pulling for them in the Monday night game as Steeler fans jump on the Colt's bandwagon for the game.

15 hours ago, burghfan said:

The Colts will have a lot more fans than normal pulling for them in the Monday night game as Steeler fans jump on the Colt's bandwagon for the game.

Such a huge game tonight! 2-3 is workable, 1-4 is, you have to win out, or a lot of help from others. At least this is a fairly weak division as it looks now. 

15 minutes ago, JustDan said:

Dear Dirty Birds....I almost soiled myself. You guys are KILLING me! A win's a win!

Defib.thumb.jpeg.581b69dc1bda2ca706da9255f7748e30.jpeg

I thought that the Falcons were the dirty birds?  I can remember them doing it back in the late 90's when they went to the Super Bowl..

25 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Well that sucked big time. But when you miss two extra points and a blocked field goal, this happens.

I thought it was a missed extra point, blocked field goal, and a missed field goal.

And sorry JJ, that has to be a tough loss when the Colts looked to be in control heading to the 4th.

2 minutes ago, burghfan said:

I thought it was a missed extra point, blocked field goal, and a missed field goal.

And sorry JJ, that has to be a tough loss when the Colts looked to be in control heading to the 4th.

They missed a 2 point conversation. I'm not a big fan of the 2 point conversation until absolutely needed at the end of the game.

1 minute ago, Jimmy James said:

They missed a 2 point conversation. I'm not a big fan of the 2 point conversation until absolutely needed at the end of the game.

I agree on the 2 point conversion try, according to the chart that most or maybe all teams have and go by to determine if they should go for 1 or 2 going for 2 was the thing to do, but I would have gone for 1.

In injury news for the Steelers JuJu dislocated his right shoulder, is scheduled for surgery later this week, and may miss 4 months.

For the 49er's QB Trey lance making his 1st NFL start sprained his left knee.  San Fran is coming up on their bye week so he may not miss any time, and it may not matter since Jimmy G may be healthy and start in week 7.

10 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Such a huge game tonight! 2-3 is workable, 1-4 is, you have to win out, or a lot of help from others. At least this is a fairly weak division as it looks now. 

The Titans are 3-2, and are 2 games up on the Colts, with a win at home against the Colts in week 3. 

The Colts have Tenn at home 10/31.  So the Colts can make up 1 of the games when they play head to head.

So the Colts don't control their own destiny as far as the division goes, but they need help in 1 of the 11 games left that the Titans play somebody else.  That seems pretty reasonable to me for a 1-4 team.

OK, the NFL has a rule/guideline that if a QB throws an interception and takes himself out of the play that you don't block him.  Brady throws a pick and to me it looks like he is starting to head downfield, as he is doing this one of the defensive linemen from Philly starts to harass him.  As he is doing this the ref, if I lip read right, looks to be saying to leave Brady alone.  How blatant can the favoritism be for Brady?