Greasy Lake Community

The Official NFL 2021 thread

burghfan

2 hours ago, JudgeBrown said:

Can the Niners do the walk-thru at Candlestick to prepare for the weather?

There was something similar to that here a few winters ago.  It was a fairly clear day but the radar was showing one band of snow a couple miles wide and not moving.  At first they thought it was ground clutter, but it didn't go away.  It ended up dumping a lot of snow, can't remember how much but I think at least 8 inches.  People that lived a mile or two away got nothing.  I had the pleasure of driving in it going home from work, at first just a few flurries, then a lot, then almost a whiteout, then it tapered off pretty quick, and then back to nothing in 2-3 miles.  It ended up it was a pretty cold day and a nuclear power plant was releasing steam and the path that got hammered was downwind of the steam that went up and came back down as snow.

7 hours ago, JudgeBrown said:

I saw another article about the storm.

Heavy rains, high winds expected to pound California, Pacific Northwest

It had this which struck me as funny, I don't associate tropical moisture with Alaska.

Rainstorms brewing in the Gulf of Alaska will be responsible for the powerful atmospheric rivers -- strips of deep tropical moisture -- that could cause double-digit rainfall totals, The Washington Post reported. The storms could also bring up to four feet of snow in the Sierra Nevada, according to the newspaper.

• Haha 1

What could be the game of the year is taking place tonight.  The Indianapolis Colts fresh off a win at home against Houston, a game that was attended by our very own @Jimmy James travel out west to take on the San Francisco 49ers who are supported by Ning and our very own @JudgeBrown.

Be sure to tune in at it is sure to be can't miss TV.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, burghfan said:

What could be the game of the year is taking place tonight.  The Indianapolis Colts fresh off a win at home against Houston, a game that was attended by our very own @Jimmy James travel out west to take on the San Francisco 49ers who are supported by Ning and our very own @JudgeBrown.

Be sure to tune in at it is sure to be can't miss TV.

Looks perfectly dreadful in Santa Clara.

Didn't get to watch most of the game last night, as we had some severe weather move in. And the NBC local channel took over the channel. We had 6 different tornado's touch down in the area last night during the game. Luckily none by us. And selfish me was bitchin why are you showing the game!  

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Didn't get to watch most of the game last night, as we had some severe weather move in. And the NBC local channel took over the channel. We had 6 different tornado's touch down in the area last night during the game. Luckily none by us. And selfish me was bitchin why are you showing the game!  

Glad to hear that even though you missed most of the game you didn't have any damage from the storms.

Last Thursday there were 8 tornadoes in Western PA, and a couple more just across the border in Ohio.  A couple were EF-0, 5 EF-1, and 1 that was an EF-2.  I think damage was limited to trees down and a few roofs blown off, don't recall seeing any reports of injuries.

The Cleveland Browns are now back in a familiar place, last place in the AFC North.  How did that happen?  Well something that happens a lot happened again, they lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers with Big Ben at QB.  Big Ben is 24-2-1 in the regular season against the Browns.

Kansas City had what they needed to get back in the win column, a visit from the New York Giants.

On Thursday Night Football Green Bay beat Arizona so there are no undefeated teams left.  Detroit is the only team without a win.

The AFC looks to be balanced, every team has at least 2 losses.

The NFC looks to be top heavy, there are 4 teams with only 1 loss each, but every other team in those divisions are under .500.

Bad news for the Raiders.

Las Vegas Raiders WR Henry Ruggs to be charged with DUI resulting in death

Probation is not an option in Nevada for a conviction on a charge of DUI causing death, which carries a possible sentence of two to 20 years in state prison.

The accident happened just after 3:30 AM.

Ruggs, 22, "showed signs of impairment,'' police said in a statement that also said he will be charged with felony DUI resulting in death.

The Corvette that Ruggs was driving rear ended the other vehicle.

The above are three reasons that I don't think this is going to end well for Ruggs.