Greasy Lake Community

The Official NFL 2021 thread

burghfan

More details coming out about the Henry Ruggs incident. 

He was driving at 156 MPH 2 seconds before the accident and the car was doing 127 when the airbags deployed.

His blood alcohol level was .161, just over twice the legal limit in Nevada.

There was also a loaded firearm found on the floor of the car so a weapons charge may also be filed.

• Sad 1

Odell Beckham Jr might be done with the Browns.  He was excused from practice Wednesday and the Browns are discussing his future with his agent.  This comes after OBJ's father was on social media after the Browns lost to the Steelers criticizing QB Baker Mayfield for not throwing to OBJ when he was open.  He was only targeted twice against Pittsburgh and had 1 catch for 6 yards.

6 hours ago, burghfan said:

More details coming out about the Henry Ruggs incident. 

He was driving at 156 MPH 2 seconds before the accident and the car was doing 127 when the airbags deployed.

His blood alcohol level was .161, just over twice the legal limit in Nevada.

There was also a loaded firearm found on the floor of the car so a weapons charge may also be filed.

Horrific.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/woman-killed-in-crash-with-henry-ruggs-identified-2471162/

• Sad 2

So the Colts did something that the Steelers don't do more often than they should, they beat a bad team.

This ESPN article isn't kind to the Jets, but it does seem accurate.

Now I'm guessing that the Colts were playing somewhat soft in the 2nd half but they gave up 398 yards passing, 317 to a 3rd string QB in about 3 quarters of play.  Now the question that may have JJ worried are the passing stats because the game was basically wrapped up by halftime and the D was playing soft, or does the Indy D have some holes?  To me a couple things that don't look good are the Indy D was on the field for 75 snaps, and allowed the Jets to go 8-14 on 3rd down and 1-1 on 4th down.

image.png.8b1af6e4c6337d89d3ded649d192093f.png

Oh, with out a doubt the defense has let us down most of the year. A lot of injuries! Played a lot of second string D-back in 4th qtr. And if Darius Leonard could tackle someone for a loss as well as he can dance, we would be better off. Also keep in mind that the Colt declined several offensive penalties in the 4th qtr. As not to punish them any more.  

Now I don't know much about The Jets, but our O-line just blew them off the ball most all game until it didn't matter any longer. 

One last thing from my rushing stat ^^, most by any team in the NFL this year so far. 

14 hours ago, Tenthavenuefreezeout said:

Patriots is back to winning. OMG. Is Mac10 the real deal?

Yes, New England won.

Mac Jones was 12-18 for 139 yards, with 1 TD, 1 INT and was sacked twice.  New England had 273 total yards, scored 24 points, 7 of which came from the defense.

To me that is a stat line of a QB like Trent Dilfer, there to not screw it up,to not lose the game.  He is still a rookie so has a lot of time to improve.

• Like 1

After having the OBJ curse lifted the Browns beat the Bengals on the road 41-16.

Denver went to the Big D and beat the Cowboys 30-16.  Are the Cowboys not as good as their record?

Miami beat Houston in a game that may go a long way in determining who gets the 2nd overall pick (assuming that the Lions are going to get the #1 pick).

After 21 straight losses in the US Jacksonville beat Buffalo 9-6.  This means that the @Jimmy James Colts are no longer the last team to lose to Jacksonville in the US.

Green Bay goes to Kansas City without Aaron Rodgers and lose 13-7.

Tennessee goes out to LA to take on the Rams and beat them 28-10, and it wasn't that close.

So are the Cowboys, Packers, and Rams losing to AFC teams a sign that the heavy hitters in the NFC might not be as good as their records would make you think they are?

39 minutes ago, gsquare said:

He's also being accused of being a dirty player.  Maybe he thought the player he grabbed had the ball, but looks like a dirty play to me.

Mac Jones accused of 'dirty' play after he grabs opponent's ankle

As I agree young Tenth maybe just a bit over the top with the Patriots'. I wouldn't call that a dirty play, just a reactionary play. Was he called for a penalty? It would be a dirty play if he tried to twist the guy ankle off!  

12 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

As I agree young Tenth maybe just a bit over the top with the Patriots'. I wouldn't call that a dirty play, just a reactionary play. Was he called for a penalty? It would be a dirty play if he tried to twist the guy ankle off!  

At least one Carolina player thought it was a dirty play and said so post game.

Carolina Panthers LB Haason Reddick calls out New England Patriots' Mac Jones for 'dirty' play

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

I'm sure there are players after every game saying shit was dirty! I really think a dirty play to me anyway is an intent to hurt! 

I think this is the 1st time this season that ESPN has carried a story about a dirty play.  So while players probably do bitch after every game about late hits etc I think it is rare for them to do so at a post game news conference.

And put the shoe on the other foot.  How big of a story would it be if the LB did the same thing to a QB?

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

It would be a dirty play if he tried to twist the guy ankle off!  

Well that's what it looked like to me he tried to do, Burns was spun completely around.  Was it just  a coincidence that Burns had to later leave the game with that same ankle injured?  Maybe, but maybe that play had something to do with it.

23 minutes ago, burghfan said:

How big of a story would it be if the LB did the same thing to a QB?

LB's tackling QB's, RB's and TE's by the ankles, happens just about every game! That why it isn't a story!

Why didn't Burns address the media? 

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

LB's tackling QB's, RB's and TE's by the ankles, happens just about every game! That why it isn't a story!

Why didn't Burns address the media? 

I don't know about other teams but the Steelers only have a few players address the media after the game at a press conference.

And I would guess that Burns was having his ankle looked at and/or treated.

Well, the non-story continues as Jones is asked about the play today, Patriots QB Mac Jones says he wasn't trying to injure Panthers' Brian Burns, just trying to 'make tackle'

I only saw a quick Twitter video for a replay, but from what I saw it looks like Jones had a hold of one leg and it looked like he was trying to trip him by kicking at the leg he didn't have a hold of.  It looked like most of the twisting was from the LB spinning.  It looked like Jones could (should?) have been called for holding, tripping, or maybe a personal foul for unnecessary roughness.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Let's forget about that, and move on to Tennessee. Without Henry, still put an ass whooping on the Rams! 

The Rams were 1 of 3 (Dallas & Green Bay) NFC favorites to lose to an AFC team.  And the only game that was "close" was the Chiefs/Packers game.

I'm not a fan of Stephan A Smith but I like watching him when he gloats after the Cowboys lose.