Greasy Lake Community

No Nukes Concert Film Coming!!!

Yeah just had the UK version of the "news" from Badlands:

Sony Music Entertainment has announced the upcoming release of a new Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band film, “The Legendary 1979 No Nukes Concerts.”

A composite of two performances shot during the 1979 MUSE benefit concerts, popularly known as the ‘No Nukes’ concerts, the film will give audiences around the world the chance to witness performances that marked the rise of the future Rock and Roll Hall of Famers.

Very little filmed footage of Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band is available from this era, so “The Legendary 1979 No Nukes Concerts” is a rare opportunity to see the band -- just six years into their story – give an explosive performance that became an instant classic.

“The Legendary 1979 No Nukes Concerts” features remixed and remastered audio and was edited from the original 16mm film by longtime Springsteen collaborator Thom Zimny. Sony Music’s Premium Content Team is handling global distribution and the film will be released later this year.

• Thanks 1

Dear Sony,

On behalf of our client, Ms Goldsmith, we politely request an advance copy of your forthcoming concert film.

Yours

Hassle & Fibbs, Solicitors

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, nickscr said:

Hopefully we'll get a physical release (dvd/br) and not just "available on apple TV" 

My enthusiasm just dipped for fear that this won’t be a physical product. I don’t want a fan made screen grab disc. I want an official blu ray with all the artwork and case. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Will likely be a new Bob Clearmountain audio mix as well then? 

I am also curious if Bob will redo the audio or that they use the AltShiller mix from the Nugs series

2 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

My enthusiasm just dipped for fear that this won’t be a physical product. I don’t want a fan made screen grab disc. I want an official blu ray with all the artwork and case. 

7473aa58-9397-455d-af6e-ceca03d402d7_tex

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Marnix said:

I am also curious if Bob will redo the audio or that they use the AltShiller mix from the Nugs series

It definitely say 'remixed', 

image.png.d548a48b3530bcfde3b632a1c3225ea7.png

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Will likely be a new Bob Clearmountain audio mix as well then? 

Talk about the ‘icying on the cake’….;)

• Like 2

Surely they will do a top job on this (all hands on) and that it WILL be a physical product - out in time to capitalise on the Xmas market - has to be!!?

• Like 1

Which versions can we expect?  My guess will be: 

Version 1:  Blu-Ray / DVD stand-alone version

Version 2:  audio only on CD and vinyl

Version 3: Blu-Ray / DVD combined with audio cd's

Version 4:  Blu-Ray / DVD combined with audio on vinyl

Version 5: Blu-Ray / DVD combined with audio cd's, bonus dvd / Blu Ray with extra footage and a coffee table book with an essay about the shows and unreleased pictures.

• Bruuuuce! 1

23 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

From the Backstreets article:

Today's announcement precedes a press release coming in September, in which we'll find out more details and when pre-ordering will begin.

I mean, you can pre-rent on Apple, I suppose, but pre-ordering seems to confirm to me this will be a DVD release. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, BruceWho said:

Surely ...... it WILL be a physical product - out in time to capitalise on the Xmas market - has to be!!?

A September (official) announcement would suggest an October or November release. That pre-Christmas timing does suggest a physical product to me.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

3 minutes ago, Marnix said:

Version 2: Blu-Ray / DVD combined with audio cd's

Version 3: Blu-Ray / DVD combined with audio cd's, bonus dvd / Blu Ray with extra footage and a coffee table book with an essay about the shows and unreleased pictures.

I'm thinking options 1 & 2 are okay to be hopeful about but option 3 unlikely

Just now, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I mean, you can pre-rent on Apple, I suppose, but pre-ordering seems to confirm to me this will be a DVD release. 

Also a valid point.

• Like 4

Just now, Born To Walk said:

A September (official) announcement would suggest an October or November release. That pre-Christmas timing does suggest a physical product to me.

Yeah - almost certainly - with "pre-ordering" being available probably by October (if not when that Sept announcement is made!) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marnix said:

Version 2: Blu-Ray / DVD combined with audio cd's

Version 3: Blu-Ray / DVD combined with audio cd's, bonus dvd / Blu Ray with extra footage and a coffee table book with an essay about the shows and unreleased pictures.

1 minute ago, BruceWho said:

I'm thinking options 1 & 2 are okay to be hopeful about but option 3 unlikely

And then there was one.

I'm nailing my colours to the mast of just version 1.

53 minutes ago, Incident on 57th St said:

This is very exciting, but I want the rest of the movie as well. I'd be fine with two Blu-ray releases, a Bruce-focused one and the original film as well! Also, I hope Bruce and Sony don't try to scrub Bruce's image. I want to see the birthday cake / Lynn Goldsmith meltdowns!  

With it being unlikely they would release two things close together, do we now assume that this is the release Bruce spoke of that we previously assumed was Tracks 2 (or similar)?

• Sad 1