Greasy Lake Community

No Nukes Concert Film Coming!!!

4 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I don’t care what the package is as long as it includes a physical HD blu ray disc. 

Yeah that would be my priority also - I'd take that and anything else is a bonus!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Marnix said:

Which versions can we expect?  My guess will be: 

Version 1:  Blu-Ray / DVD stand-alone version

Version 2:  audio only on CD and vinyl

Version 3: Blu-Ray / DVD combined with audio cd's

Version 4:  Blu-Ray / DVD combined with audio on vinyl

Version 5: Blu-Ray / DVD combined with audio cd's, bonus dvd / Blu Ray with extra footage and a coffee table book with an essay about the shows and unreleased pictures.

It's No Nukes.  Buy the lot.

• Love Love Love! 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

51 minutes ago, Marnix said:

Version 5: Blu-Ray / DVD combined with audio cd's, bonus dvd / Blu Ray with extra footage and a coffee table book with an essay about the shows and unreleased pictures.

Version 6: Blu-Ray / DVD combined with audio cd's, bonus dvd / Blu Ray with extra footage and a coffee table book with an essay about the shows and unreleased pictures. And a CAKE!

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

There's only one possible photo for the front cover:

image.png.05472399e773d89053930d96375aa064.png

Omg BornToWalk, what have you done, a picture of a braless ex-girlfriend! No wonder that @Promise61 is having a field day :P

For my money, since Springsteen was going competelely bonkers during No Nukes I guess this is a more appropriate cover pic1992313730_DoIhavetosayhisname.jpeg.1671b554676469bc7326a0419395c55f.jpeg

• Like 4

I know I'm not the only one who called this last week, but the announcement of a "composite" of the two shows is a huge disappointment. Unfortunately, not a surprise.  

Rumble

Members

Posted Thursday at 10:22 PM

On 7/14/2021 at 3:56 PM, sleepyjoe said:

The No Nukes show was pulled from Nugs... don't know why or if on purpose, but it's no longer there

Friend told me they’re gonna release “every song from the two shows on video.” His source unclear if that means the two complete concerts, like the audio archive releases, that are now conspicuously missing from the BS/ NUGS stores, or a compilation of both nights, understanding not many changes in the two sets. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I don’t think they could release all songs from both nights even if they wanted to. Wasn’t “Stay” patched in from a two track tape on the nugs release as they didn’t have any official high quality audio for it? 

Yes. so was Rave on and portions of Detroit Medley

• Thanks 1

The leaked Sony 'pre-contract' document confirmed that Bruce's contract would commit him to 'multi-disc' editions of both Nebraska and BITUSA. Assuming that to still be the case, it is hard to imagine BITUSA being released before Nebraska.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I don’t think they could release all songs from both nights even if they wanted to. Wasn’t “Stay” patched in from a two track tape on the nugs release as they didn’t have any official high quality audio for it? 

"They" can if they want to. "They" released "all songs from both nights" as part of the archive series. Stay not patched from Birthday Nukes. Medley/Rave patched for audio archive release and "they" can use that for the film. It is Bruce Springsteen. He can do what he wants. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Marnix said:

If it’s a composite show of 11 or 12 songs from the two nights then you’d think the release will have more to it than just one disc of songs only. If Zimny’s made a concert film of it, there will be more things involved and a broader package bumps up the price. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jmw said:

Casual fan that I am, I don't really know much about Nukes. (Sorry) I need to go and write lines of shame.:rolleyes:

Hi jmw. Check out the archive release of the audio of both shows. Dave Marsh, anything but objective, but has insider knowledge, writes about the concerts beginning on page 238 of his 1981 release of his Born to Run book. Thunder Road, The River, and and edited Quarter to Three are available commerically. Fan circulating dvds had Rosy and edited Medley. There was at one time at least, fan shot video of the first two-three songs from the concerts on line, as well as an extended, yet still edited, Quarter to Three, along with a b&w Stay.  The shows were great, and the filming absolutely outstanding. I'm biased as I was at Birthday Nukes. Buty many hard core fans, and others, appreciate the shows. 

• Like 3