Greasy Lake Community

No Nukes Concert Film Coming!!!

1 hour ago, el sergio said:

Omg BornToWalk, what have you done, a picture of a braless ex-girlfriend! No wonder that @Promise61 is having a field day :P

For my money, since Springsteen was going competelely bonkers during No Nukes I guess this is a more appropriate cover pic1992313730_DoIhavetosayhisname.jpeg.1671b554676469bc7326a0419395c55f.jpeg

Almost perfect, but for the fact that Max and Garry are obscured.

My favourite Bruce boot.

• Like 1

Taken from a post on BTX (thanks, j):

It will be likely widescreen, as the original film was cropped wide.  This will be one of the many benefits of this awesome release.

Here's an example from Jackson Browne's great version of "Running On Empty".

TOP:  this is the way No Nukes looks on the home release (VHS/laserdisc/CED), where it was cropped to a 4:3 image.

BOTTOM:  the way it looked in the theater, and as the cameraman composed it.

uyzliVN.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 1

Really looking forward to this...it's going to be awesome. Just watched the fan made collection of all circulating footage from the 2 nights mixed with Nugs audio...and got me pumped up for the official release. They can't mess this one up can they? Will be obvious continuity issues between the footage from each night but what a document. Will rival Tempe (probably surpass) as best official concert release. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Incident on 57th St said:

Will be obvious continuity issues between the footage from each night

I had assumed that they would be able to stich them together easily, but I've just checked the clips and the clothes are noticeably different between the two nights. It will be interesting to see how they've decided to approach it.

Just now, Troublette said:

If this finally has the unedited Quarter to Three in video I will be very happy.

There's one teeny weeny section that I suspect will remain edited, but you never know.

29 minutes ago, maccawings said:

Extreme disappointment for me, was hoping for BITUSA box or Tracks 2

We might still get that.

He has definitely been working on archived material.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Niels said:

What was the setlist for this concert? 

Night 1 (September 21)

1.Prove It All Night

2.Badlands

3.The Promised Land

4.The River

5.Sherry Darling

6.Thunder Road

7.Jungleland

8.Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)

9.Born To Run

10.Stay (with Jackson Browne and Rosemary Butler)
11.Detroit Medley

12.Rave On

Night 2 (September 22)

1.Prove It All Night

2.Badlands

3.The Promised Land

4.The River

5.Sherry Darling

6.Thunder Road

7.Jungleland

8.Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)

9.Born To Run

10.Stay (with Jackson Browne, Tom Petty and Rosemary Butler)

11.Quarter To Three

• Like 1

4 hours ago, muscum said:

Although very happy to get this, am I the only one seeing one negative:  probably means no BIUSA box this Christmas. :(

This would still leave room for a modest Nebraska re-release this Christmas (maybe only 2CD or 3CD, or 2CD-1DVD).

Or for a new album!:)

14 minutes ago, Lampi said:

This would still leave room for a modest Nebraska re-release this Christmas (maybe only 2CD or 3CD, or 2CD-1DVD).

Or for a new album!:)

No no no no no

No modest in Nebraska please

It deserves the whole hog 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

We might still get that.

I hope so, but if this is in place of either of those, huge disappointment For me at least. If this was the big surprise, they need to recalibrate their measuring sticks

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, maccawings said:

I hope so, but if this is in place of either of those, huge disappointment For me at least. If this was the big surprise, they need to recalibrate their measuring sticks

Agree. Not what i was expecting as a surprise

either.

7 hours ago, muscum said:

Although very happy to get this, am I the only one seeing one negative:  probably means no BIUSA box this Christmas. :(

Absolutely no evidence to support your speculation, my friend. No evidence the releases are mutually exclusive. We'll get that box set. I want it too!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I had assumed that they would be able to stich them together easily, but I've just checked the clips and the clothes are noticeably different between the two nights. It will be interesting to see how they've decided to approach it.

Great call, Clarence in Red and then White, among other differences. This is classic Inc. trying to thread a neadle instead of just being cool and releasing both sets, like they did with the audio archive. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jmw said:

Casual fan that I am, I don't really know much about Nukes. (Sorry) I need to go and write lines of shame.:rolleyes:

My first time seeing a theatrically filmed E Street Band .....The Section of the film with "Quarter To Three" grabbed me by my throat and never let go ...i couldn't believe what i was seeing ........High quality footage of this would be nice to have i think !!!

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

This Rolling Stone article makes it sound like a documentary which features the performances. While i'm disappointed in this as i'm not a video person (in other words won't watch more than once if at all), won't buy audio since i'm not an audiofile and already have nugs, and would have much preferred a box with new music, i'm curious to see how this is actually organized in terms of presentation.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bruce-springsteen-e-street-band-no-nukes-film-1199515/

7 hours ago, MacBruce said:

We might still get that.

But sadly he never releases it. Each time the opportunity to release it he opts not to and falls back on releasing material we have all heard time and time again. Will I buy a No Nukes Blu-Ray/DVD? Probably (although the mention in the announcement of Sony's Premium Content Division handling the release makes me think of an organisation designed to see how much they can get away with charging before there's uproar. Will I play it more than once if so? Probably not. Another missed opportunity goes by. And what of the "album set in the west"? I can't imagine that having any significant E-Street involvement so it's hard to see that getting released prior to next year's hoped-for band tour.

So much effort yet so little output.

• Sad 2