Greasy Lake Community

Bruce/Obama 'Renegades' Book

The surprises keep coming!

If the Springsteen/Obama podcast was your thing, this might be of further interest. 

If it wasn't, you might want to keep scrolling. 

https://www.penguin.co.uk/articles/2021/july/renegades-president-barack-obama-musician-bruce-springsteen.html

Personally, I'd be more interested in watching more footage of Bruce and Obama hanging out with his cars than reading transcripts of their conversations but others might feel different.

I've gotten to the point where I don't feel like I need to be a "completist" or to read every book about, or involving, Bruce the way I used to. That said, and especially because, like Breakaway, I don't have the patience for podcasts, I look forward to reading this one cover to cover. Also, for those interested, this is looking like it will be much more than just transcripts. It looks like there'll be plenty of photos of both men, along with reproductions of handwritten lyrics by Bruce. Check out the web site (Renegadesbook.com or link to it off of Bruce's site or Backstreets) to get a better idea of what the book will contain, then pre-order it if you're interested.

• Like 4

Add me to the list of people who can’t be bothered with podcasts, but who like to read books. I’ll buy this book. I never listened to the podcasts.

• Like 1

The podcast transcript is suffice for me. Need to reread them in order to get out the most valuable information. I guess there were some new insights into some Springsteen songs

5 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Couldn't be arsed to listen to the podcast thing, so there's no way I'd get through a book. 

The only way this could have been of interest to me is if it would have been a private conversation secretly recorded. Like this it's just two guys not trying to offend anybody.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LeoGetz said:

The only way this could have been of interest to me is if it would have been a private conversation secretly recorded. Like this it's just two guys not trying to offend anybody.

You mean like @JimCT smuggling in his gear and Maxwell tapes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Couldn't be arsed to listen to the podcast thing, so there's no way I'd get through a book. 

Are the proceeds going to charity?

I really enjoyed the podcast. I can’t imagine buying a transcript of the podcast thought. At a certain point I guess you just sell everything for a buck. Would be nice if them to donate the proceeds to charity but they can do as they please.

27 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

It would seem so

image.thumb.png.36b4cb51fdf9f5951d139998b777ef33.png

350 pictures !

That's my kind of Bruce (and Barack) book !

14 hours ago, el sergio said:

The podcast transcript is suffice for me. Need to reread them in order to get out the most valuable information. I guess there were some new insights into some Springsteen songs

This just popped up on my google 

I went it !

I'm not somebody who normally complains about Bruce's projects, but I have to say this Obama thing is making me uncomfortable (And that's definitely not due to my political leanings).

I hope he gives it a rest after this.