Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Bruce/Obama 'Renegades' Book


Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Thunder_road_belgium said:

That is an interesting point of view. I can relate that to the situation in Belgium, where you have the same shift in political views. It is off course different because we have a multi-party system and two main language groups (Dutch speaking and French speaking). Right now we have 7 party's in our federal government :-).

12 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Anyway there has always been working class people who voted right wing 

I am and always have been  a lot of those people Bruce sings about despite being right wing

We still beleave in some of the same things

Thanks for the feedback. I am still unsure how to interpret that LA Times article. Although the Springsteen song characters turned into Trump voters is also confirmed in my Youngstown topic.  Not mentioned in that LA Times article, but with a high probability the social media has played a big part too in the recent big policitical changes (Trump, Brexit, Belgian politics). Anyway, keep in mind that this is a Springsteen forum in the first place, not a political forum. So I always try to keep posting with Springsteen in my mind and I still keep wondering about this Springsteen - Obama alliance, what is really behind this. Here is another link reinforcing that Springsteen - Obama link since both were advocating in the past the welfare state Bruce Springsteen Wants The United States To Be More Like Sweden

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Republicans and Democrats just good cop/bad cop scenario, IMO. Both controlled by the same people, and with largely the same objectives, hence the wars started and continued by the Democrats, including when Bruce was nearly drafted. Very disappointing that Bruce got involved with this book.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, el sergio said:

Photo Pete Souza courtesy of the Barack Obama presidential Library

1506883895_PhotoPeteSouza.thumb.jpg.0963289522c8cb6a3384d6890d34dc13.jpg

An Evening at Camp David in 2015 with Bruce Springsteen at the piano and Michelle Obama accompanying him.

 

oh wow !!!

i love this photo almost as much as the one when Bruce and Patti go for a ride on AirForce 1

thank you so much for posting

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Kooly said:

I stopped at Barnes and Noble the other day and there were about 8 billion copies of this book scattered throughout the store. I felt a little sick.

i gotta admit im waiting for it to get a bit cheaper

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

oh wow !!!

i love this photo almost as much as the one when Bruce and Patti go for a ride on AirForce 1

thank you so much for posting

Glad you like the picture. I have found some very critical reviews in the last 2 weeks about the Bruce/Obama thing which are really damning and contrasting with the message Bruce was sending. So for now I choose to go with the message and I posted this photo of Camp David instead of the critical reviews ;)

  • Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got the book as a birthday present. I’m enjoying the photos but even on just an initial skim through it is littered with errors in the dates of the Bruce photo captions.

Several BITUSA tour photos dated 1986, a well known one from Wembley stadium dated “circa 1984”, ToL tour photos dated 1992, Nebraska era photo dated 1973, Bruce and Southside at the Stone Pony in mid-70s dated 1970, etc etc. Worst of all is one of Bruce and Clarence onstage during what looks like the original River tour which is captioned the Devils and Dust tour 2005!

Given the number of people credited in the acknowledgements you’d like to think someone might have spotted them or could have done some proper research!

Heck, I could do it in a couple of hours (for a modest fee :P).

  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, el sergio said:

Glad you like the picture. I have found some very critical reviews in the last 2 weeks about the Bruce/Obama thing which are really damning and contrasting with the message Bruce was sending. So for now I choose to go with the message and I posted this photo of Camp David instead of the critical reviews ;)

Im a righty who wanted Sen McCAin to win but in our house we really liked Mr OBama, Gary still wishes he was president

1 hour ago, LongTallSally said:

I got the book as a birthday present. I’m enjoying the photos but even on just an initial skim through it is littered with errors in the dates of the Bruce photo captions.

Several BITUSA tour photos dated 1986, a well known one from Wembley stadium dated “circa 1984”, ToL tour photos dated 1992, Nebraska era photo dated 1973, Bruce and Southside at the Stone Pony in mid-70s dated 1970, etc etc. Worst of all is one of Bruce and Clarence onstage during what looks like the original River tour which is captioned the Devils and Dust tour 2005!

Given the number of people credited in the acknowledgements you’d like to think someone might have spotted them or could have done some proper research!

Heck, I could do it in a couple of hours (for a modest fee :P).

this makes me shake my head in dismay:(

but does it really surprise us :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LongTallSally said:

I got the book as a birthday present. I’m enjoying the photos but even on just an initial skim through it is littered with errors in the dates of the Bruce photo captions.

Several BITUSA tour photos dated 1986, a well known one from Wembley stadium dated “circa 1984”, ToL tour photos dated 1992, Nebraska era photo dated 1973, Bruce and Southside at the Stone Pony in mid-70s dated 1970, etc etc. Worst of all is one of Bruce and Clarence onstage during what looks like the original River tour which is captioned the Devils and Dust tour 2005!

Given the number of people credited in the acknowledgements you’d like to think someone might have spotted them or could have done some proper research!

Heck, I could do it in a couple of hours (for a modest fee :P).

i definatly going to wait till its cheaper now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LongTallSally said:

I got the book as a birthday present. I’m enjoying the photos but even on just an initial skim through it is littered with errors in the dates of the Bruce photo captions.

Several BITUSA tour photos dated 1986, a well known one from Wembley stadium dated “circa 1984”, ToL tour photos dated 1992, Nebraska era photo dated 1973, Bruce and Southside at the Stone Pony in mid-70s dated 1970, etc etc. Worst of all is one of Bruce and Clarence onstage during what looks like the original River tour which is captioned the Devils and Dust tour 2005!

Given the number of people credited in the acknowledgements you’d like to think someone might have spotted them or could have done some proper research!

Heck, I could do it in a couple of hours (for a modest fee :P).

Is it possible it was rushed out to make a buck at the expense of thoroughness?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...