Greasy Lake Community

Call it day Stones

4 hours ago, Flagofpiracy said:

I saw them in the 70s, great shows.  I have no desire to see them now.

That’s hardly a reason for them retire, I guess.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Flagofpiracy said:

I saw them in the 70s, great shows.  I have no desire to see them now.

Don't go, then. :rolleyes:

I was lucky enough to see the Stones in 1982 at the 3000 seater Edinburgh Playhouse when I was 17 and had just left school. The talk then was that this classic band who at that time were in their third decade together, were touring for "the last time". 40 years later and they are still touring, but they are a bit of a joke now. I would hate it if Bruce ended up doing this never ending charade.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MacBruce said:

I was lucky enough to see the Stones in 1982 at the 3000 seater Edinburgh Playhouse when I was 17 and had just left school. The talk then was that this classic band who at that time were in their third decade together, were touring for "the last time". 40 years later and they are still touring, but they are a bit of a joke now. I would hate it if Bruce ended up doing this never ending charade.

Umm - he kind of is.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Flagofpiracy said:

That was the point of my post LOL

Then why say they should call it a day, which is what your thread title implies?
They should carry on as long as they want to and people want to see them.

• Like 1

Greatest rock ‘n roll band of all time. Age may have diminished their looks, but it hasn’t diminished their stagecraft. They still manage to put on very entertaining shows and still sound better live now than the did live back in the 60s. They played sloppily back then because of excessive drug & drink.

Now, there are classic bands and performers out there who clearly should not have gone beyond their expiry date (Fleetwood Mac), but the Stones aren’t one of them. Chuck Berry toured and put on good shows until 2 wks before his death at 90. Now get offa their cloud, eh? ;)

• Like 2